Diverge Networks
SmokeyJ's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: SmokeyJ's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3017)

SmokeyJ's Staff Application - SmokeyJ - 02-05-2022

In-Game Name(s): Marcel "Whitey" BeLucchio, Senior Officer Gabriel Jabari, Jace Kage
Steam Name: WHITEYYYY
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/smokeyjrrr/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:102650865
Discord Username: SmokeyJ#4459
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2w 1d 2h 4m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: At least 3 hours a day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I've been on the server for almost 3 months now, I've seen how there are lots of people who come onto the server with the intention to minge and ruin RP and fun for people on the server. I'm applying with the intent of dealing with people who are intent on breaking the rules, as well as punish current rule breakers. I also want to provide the server with a smoother RP experience by assisting players with anything they need help with, as I don't think people should have an RP experience throttled by someone who can't contain themselves.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I play on the server for sometimes up for 15 hours as day, although this type of playtime isn't to be expected everyday of the week. I also have lots of experience staffing on Garry's Mod servers, as I have done so for many years. I also make staff experiences as unbias as possible, as I do not believe in people "winning" staff sits just because they're friends with the staff member handling said sit. Loyalty is also important when being a staff member, as maintaining a staff position on one network shows that you're willing to sit in for the long run and allows you to enforce the rules to the best of your ability, as you're not juggling around multiple positions at once.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
GarnetGaming Police RP Moderator (4 Months)
GarnetGaming TTT Senior Moderator (6 Months)
Gaminglight PoliceRP (3 Months)
Gaminglight MilitaryRP (5 months)
GRG KingdomRP Moderator (1 year)
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have been banned twice for minor infractions, most, if not all of my infractions were received when I was newer to the server and still learning the rules and running around with dumb people.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I don't really know what people think of me, nor if I'm well liked in the community, as that's not for me to remotely even decide. I would like to think people think of me as a laid-back person who knows when to take things seriously. I also hope people think of me as someone who is approachable and friendly for the most part, as I think that's important as a staff member.  I enjoy being apart of the community and socializing with them as a whole, there's nothing I don't think I could consider as a "bad encounter" with people.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would check if there are any available staff on duty, if not, I would briefly excuse myself from any RP situation I am in, unless absolutely impossible and handle the case normally. Check logs, ask the accuser and the accused for their sides of the story, as well as ask them if they have any clips that they can provide.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would attempt to obtain evidence of this abusive behavior, if unable to, I would notify a higher-up about said abuse so that they can be closely monitored. If I am able to obtain evidence in the form of a clip or screenshot, I would send it to a higher-up with the ability to take care of the problem.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would proceed to punish them in accordance to the rules. My friend in this situation is their own person, and it's not my problem if they act against the rules.

RE: SmokeyJ's Staff Application - String - 02-05-2022

+1 great guy

RE: SmokeyJ's Staff Application - draggydx - 02-05-2022

+1

Great Guy overall, is a good sport about most things happening on the server. Also nice you were on Garnet too. I was UA on the MRP server

RE: SmokeyJ's Staff Application - Fish Man - 02-05-2022

Cool guy, Never had any issues with him. Seems to be... kind of mature at very rare times judging from my interactions with him in-game
neutral

RE: SmokeyJ's Staff Application - Scar - 02-05-2022

+1 good guy, hopefully he'll pay me my vbucks for doing this comment.

RE: SmokeyJ's Staff Application - Vex - 02-13-2022

+1 Amazin' person overall, never had any issues from him. And when I have had sits with him-
he was always very polite and kind, and helpful.

SmokeyJ's Staff Application - Rem - 02-13-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.