Diverge Networks
TheDroppedFry's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: TheDroppedFry's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=302)

TheDroppedFry's Staff Application - TheDroppedFry - 12-31-2020

In-Game Name(s): Manuel 'Manny' Moretti
Steam Name: TheDroppedFry
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112189287/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:75961779
Discord Username: TheDroppedFry#4237
Total playtime on Server: Like 5 minutes
Time Zone: Central
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: As much time as needed; Until I start back up in college again, but that isn't for another half month or so, and times can be negotiated much better then.
Have you read the rules?: Yup.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yup.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Definitely.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Some.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yep.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *
It's been a LONG while since I've been able to get into a good Mafia RP; I can see this is a start-up server that DESPERATELY needs two things: people willing to engage in actual RP, and competent staff. I'm here to meet BOTH those demands, and establish a fantastic precedent for this server that will cement the roleplaying abilities that the owners are looking for. I know Calloway from all the way back to Omerta Networks and I'm glad to see him starting this up again.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: Dedication, Creative Thinking, and Competency. You'll notice with many of these candidates that they type like they got a 6th grade education, and they answer the question in the same cookie cutter format and fashion that every other schmuck does on these types of things.

But I got more to offer to the table. I have ideas for how to create a proper Mafia RP, one that holds against the test of time and creates a TRULY loyal fanbase. And since you all got the advantage of having new players from just opening up, it's VITAL that you start drawing in new players with good roleplay incentives. I just got off the server after hearing some dumbass playing 'Black People Song' in front of one of the mafia families. Fucking stupid, and shit like that needs to disappear completely if this server is gonna last long.

Guaranteed, I can help with that. I just need enough people who will work with me and participate in the roleplay like a fuckin 1980s new york city populace would.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

It's been so long since I've staffed a server- the most recent was for that 1942 RP, but I quickly left because everyone there is an egoist that enjoys bullying their subordinates for their petty power fantasies.

Beyond that, I moderated for DarthGaming (Military RP that was big between 2014-2016), Kryptonic Networks (Small-time Zombie RP that was my first administration job on Gmod), Staff Manager for Darthgaming Police RP, and a few other staff roles (WW1 RP run by a guy named Murlock, WW2 RP run by same guy). 

I know how to confer judgement after listening to situations; I also am efficient at compiling enough information to make unbiased, fully knowledgeable judgements- That's the thing that people often miss nowadays, is getting their shit together and THEN doing something.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Nope.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  

I might know a couple of these guys, but it's been a while since I've been on a Mafia RP server, so I doubt any of them know or remember me. I would say I am more applying because I see opportunity in this server and I want to contribute to its health and community as much as possible.

That aside, I don't have a good estimate of these fellows. See, I've been getting mixed signals from some of the members- Some of them are helpful and reasonable, others act like retarded monkeys throwing their shit around. I guess it's just an after effect of JUST starting up a server, but that makes it even more important to establish a good precedent- before the Retard Monkeys make their own precedent.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Nope. But there was this nice fellow, Steven Barns, who helped me find out where the forums are and applying for a family and all that. So I gotta thank that guy.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Leave it to an on-duty staff, but if there's none available to take it, then I'll jump in and deal with it. Since I'm likely not involved in the RDM, I'd compile any logs relevant to the case, as well as summon any witnesses or important individuals relevant to the administrative case. After hearing all the sides involved, I'd run a quick summary by any other staff who'd want to help, then make my judgement.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Talk with the higher-up of that staff member and let them know what I've been seeing. While I am not a fan of people turning in other staff members over minor things, it's not good if it's a recurring pattern- After all, staff are role models as well as moderators, and everything they do represents the community as a whole. We can't have staff doing unruly shit, otherwise it makes the whole community look bad.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

I don't make friends with people that jump on the server and do dumb shit. I sure as hell don't invite them to it if I know they're gonna be like that. And if they ARE like that, then they're out of the server, no questions. If friendship is really strained over a fuckin' Gmod server, then it ain't a friendship I wanna be in.

Post-Notes

By the way, if you guys need someone to help organize documentation or create it and shit, I got a good amount of experience in that. Check the attachment, should show my ability, at the very least.

RE: TheDroppedFry's Staff Application - Santa - 12-31-2020

Pros Great staff application, Great guy, Cons No Steamid

RE: TheDroppedFry's Staff Application - Pendred - 12-31-2020

Application is very well written, I also know who you are and your previous experiences as staff.

Welcome to the staff team, DM me on Discord Pendred#3946 for training and to get set up.