Diverge Networks
Doctorate Applications - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Doctorate Applications (/showthread.php?tid=3041)

Doctorate Applications - TheDroppedFry - 02-09-2022

Instead of having the dead EMS discord decide who can be a doctor on the server, why not create a form/examination for people to receive doctorates, thereby allowing them to do medical RP and write up official medical reports for legal issues?

I want to start up a medical office, but after submitting an application with EMS regarding receiving a doctorate, I have yet to receive any form of response that ANY of them are even checking.

I would appreciate it if players could take medical RP into their own hands. Thanks.

RE: Doctorate Applications - Canadian-bacon - 02-09-2022

@bingus university

RE: Doctorate Applications - Bingus - 02-09-2022

This has been considered in the past. Myself and a few others began creating an official university for the server but life got in the way.

Could see a comeback, depending how many people are interested in one.

RE: Doctorate Applications - TheDroppedFry - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 07:15 AM)Shadow Wrote: This has been considered in the past. Myself and a few others began creating an official university for the server but life got in the way.

Could see a comeback, depending how many people are interested in one.

If you need help writing the application or whatnot, just let me know. I am plenty enough interested in this to continue forward with it.

RE: Doctorate Applications - royaldboy26 - 02-09-2022

I feel like medical rp is useless in the server there is no death timer so as soon as people die they respawn nor is there ambulance’s and vehicle are disabled 90% of the time so medics would have to run to a patient’s location but if new content related to medical rp were added I think it would be a great idea for the application for a doctorate

RE: Doctorate Applications - nobody_new - 02-09-2022

This is something I’ve heard people discuss in passing before but I’ve not really taken into strong consideration. I’ve participated in medical academies in other RP servers. Many didn’t go far but I found that some of the players did become excited while it lasted. It would take some dedicated individuals to facilitate this overall. As does anything on a more serious level other than the day to day functions. I would be willing to support this in whatever way I can if it’s taken into consideration.... on a side note Bingus for President!

RE: Doctorate Applications - Hoovis - 02-09-2022

I will gladly form a university and write an application if people will be interested in teaching or taking courses at it.

RE: Doctorate Applications - Fitz - 02-13-2022

This was already a thing until EMS High Command was replaced.

RE: Doctorate Applications - Fatmacaroni - 02-13-2022

Hello, I’m Dr. Bruno Maras (former Chief Executive Officer for EMS).

Back when Bill Grimm was deputy EMS commissioner, him and I planned on implementing something known as “Citizen’s Medical Academy” which would have granted graduates with a medical license for private practice. In other words, people could have been doctors without having to join EMS. I legit made all the documents and tests necessary for the program, and Bill obtained the green light we needed from city officials. He just resigned before it could be put into action and it never went into effect cause I didn’t have time to do it myself. If the current EMS administration can’t do something similar, then I’d back the creation of a university or another alternative that has the power to grant licenses. Lots of opportunity can come from medical RP, if a faction isn’t active enough to provide it for others then people should have the chance to provide it for themselves.

The only concern I have is people potentially doing weird shit during private practice. We found a few EMS doctors who kept pulling some freaky ass ERP shenanigans during their quote on quote procedures. These weirdos are easier to find when faction administration can keep an eye on them, but when they’re private citizens no one’s there to really see what’s going on. I guess just be careful who licenses get granted too.