Diverge Networks
Drivers Licenses - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Drivers Licenses (/showthread.php?tid=3065)

Pages: 1 2

Drivers Licenses - CharlesSKS - 02-15-2022

I was thinking about this last night since the car limit has been increased due to the new update. Maybe it's time to add driver's licenses to the server.

How this could be implemented would either be from a new Commission (DMV), giving it to an already existing department, or making it bought from an NPC. If it would be like the first two it could be attained like a firearms license and put into a database. If it's like the third option you could possibly add it to the ID that every character gets, like a stamp in the top corner that says your ID also acts as your driver's license. 

The reason why this should be added is simply for risk when driving around. Any cop can pull you over and say you were speeding or reckless driving, but it would be an even bigger risk if you were doing that without a license. It gives the officers something to look for on patrol at a normal traffic stop and it gives players that choice if they want to have one or not. 

Of course, this can be implemented in any way, but it would be cool to see something like this.

RE: Drivers Licenses - Hue - 02-15-2022

Good idea

RE: Drivers Licenses - Lorenzo_Dimeo - 02-16-2022

I disagree. The server map is too small. It will just add more beauracracy. Im not a fan

RE: Drivers Licenses - CharlesSKS - 02-17-2022

(02-16-2022, 09:26 PM)Lorenzo_Dimeo Wrote: I disagree. The server map is too small. It will just add more beauracracy. Im not a fan
What does a map's size have to do with having a driver's license?

RE: Drivers Licenses - Lorenzo_Dimeo - 02-17-2022

(02-17-2022, 10:20 PM)CharlesSKS Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 09:26 PM)Lorenzo_Dimeo Wrote: I disagree. The server map is too small. It will just add more beauracracy. Im not a fan
What does a map's size have to do with having a driver's license?

1) cars are hardly active enough as is

2) this would implement more attention from law enforcement doing traffic enforcement.

3) this would mean more patrol cars critiquing how people drive on a very buggy server which could lead to you losing your license if you bug out and crash your car.

The map isnt big enough for getaways all the time

RE: Drivers Licenses - CharlesSKS - 02-18-2022

1. Since the new update cars have been out for most of the day.

2. Sounds like you just don't want to have the risk

3. You lose your license through a point system, and of course, you can prove your innocence.

As for the map not being big enough, anyone is able to escape if you know how to drive. It's been done before. Not every cop is a good driver that's trained to do it.

RE: Drivers Licenses - Vex - 02-18-2022

"2) this would implement more attention from law enforcement doing traffic enforcement."

So, you're saying you don't want RP? Because that is literally what you just said. There is little to no traffic RP as it is, just don't be a terrible driver.

RE: Drivers Licenses - Fish Man - 02-18-2022

Sounds like a cool idea. I'm 100% supporting this

RE: Drivers Licenses - Lorenzo_Dimeo - 02-19-2022

(02-18-2022, 05:51 AM)Stretch Wrote: "2) this would implement more attention from law enforcement doing traffic enforcement."

So, you're saying you don't want RP? Because that is literally what you just said. There is little to no traffic RP as it is, just don't be a terrible driver.

What is this a cnn article? You zoom in on one part and disregard everything else. 

No. If the server cant handle the rp, I dont want the rp.

With how buggy everything is, I think this will just be a really poor experience.

This isnt a gta map. Its probably not even 15% of a gta map. 

I hopped on the other day and the server kept losing connection while I was in my car. I was frozen and 5 seconds later I was crashed into a wall.

I just dont want a cop waiting there when the server reconnects. 

That is pretty reasonable.

(02-18-2022, 03:33 AM)CharlesSKS Wrote: 1. Since the new update cars have been out for most of the day.

2. Sounds like you just don't want to have the risk

3. You lose your license through a point system, and of course, you can prove your innocence. 

As for the map not being big enough, anyone is able to escape if you know how to drive. It's been done before. Not every cop is a good driver that's trained to do it.

What exactly is the fun in this? 

Cars were inactive majority of today, and even when they are, the frame rate is awful. 

If cars were active all the time and the server didnt shit itself this would be fine. 
But we rubber band just from walking around.
They had to disable the tab menu. They despawn stuff like food and drink if the server is bad.

RE: Drivers Licenses - TGKilo - 02-22-2022

>Honestly most cops are already corrupt, stubborn, or both to begin with. This would be annoying to prove anything against them if they try anything since all of it would be in RP and hard to fight against since you need evidence.
>The server is way too laggy and it's inevitable for a crash or two to occur. The map is small as well so it's easy to catch someone driving recklessly, the license seems kind of useless since it's just trying to find more reasons for cops to pester people. If the map was bigger then perhaps this would make more sense but it's small and easy to navigate.