Diverge Networks
Pk Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Pk Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3085)

Pk Appeal - BigJohnnyMCGEE - 02-18-2022

Huh
Name of Character: Johnny McGee

SteamID: Steam Community :: Johnny No Name

Date of PK: 2/16/22

Reason for PK: "Mugging White shirts"

Why should you be unPK'd?: I have never mugged a white shirt in my life. I would like to see video proof of me actually mugging a whiteshirt or mugging anyone for that matter. I have strictly followed the rules in all of the insane amount of hours i have dedicated to this faction. To add on to the appeal, they didn't even give me a chance to defend myself? The boss didn't even ask me about the situation, regardless of the fact that I was an acting captain in the faction. I find this very unrealistic, and think that it hurts the rp quite a bit. If the boss could send a video clip or give me a specific time or location where he thinks i mugged someone i could explain it because i have genuinely never mugged anyone so i don't understand these allegations. Pk's aren't to be taken lightly, especially when someone has dedicated this much time to your family. I dont understand how i could do so much good for a faction and they reward me with a PK without any type of justification?

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: I dont have any evidence because im not sure which situation lead to my PK, like i said i have never mugged anyone

RE: Pk Appeal - Hue - 02-18-2022

Don't comment on appeals you aren't directly involved with.

RE: Pk Appeal - Vex - 02-18-2022

Hello, I am the Don of the Canavans, which is the faction you were killed from.

1) I was told by one of the High Command members that you were going around mugging Whiteshirts,
and with that, I argued, however, I have no choice but to believe my own High Command.

2) At the time you were a made man (Capo), I have already had one issue out of you, and one of the other
guys, with telling people they cannot use the docks, which is an issue, and it hurts relations.
I would have spoken to you, or given you a second chance, however, as a Captain, that has read the rules,
you should have known not to do such things. So, I whacked you.

3) "it's unrealistic to kill a captain" No, it's not, the unrealistic part is you mugging as a made man.

4) I could not just fire you, as myself and the underboss already sworn you into the Family, giving you
your made man ceremony, and you knowing we exist, which could possibly lead you into snitching as result
of you being removed and have us shut down.

I would like to clarify, I hated the fact that I had to PK you, you were a good member to our faction, recruiting a lot of people,
and making money. But I cannot have a captain mugging people, not happening. If you were still a soldier, I would have spoken to you
like I have with others.

I have a high bar of expectations coming from captains, as you run a crew, in fact the biggest crew in the faction.
And I will not have any leniency for a captain mugging.

RE: Pk Appeal - BigJohnnyMCGEE - 02-18-2022

(02-18-2022, 08:00 PM)Stretch Wrote: Hello, I am the Don of the Canavans, which is the faction you were killed from.

1) I was told by one of the High Command members that you were going around mugging Whiteshirts,
and with that, I argued, however, I have no choice but to believe my own High Command.

2) At the time you were a made man (Capo), I have already had one issue out of you, and one of the other
guys, with telling people they cannot use the docks, which is an issue, and it hurts relations.
I would have spoken to you, or given you a second chance, however, as a Captain, that has read the rules,

3) "it's unrealistic to kill a captain" No, it's not, the unrealistic part is you mugging as a made man.

4) I could not just fire you, as myself and the underboss already sworn you into the Family, giving you
your made man ceremony, and you knowing we exist, which could possibly lead you into snitching as result

I would like to clarify, I hated the fact that I had to PK you, you were a good member to our faction, recruiting a lot of people,
and making money. But I cannot have a captain mugging people, not happening. If you were still a soldier, I would have spoken to you
like I have with others.

I have a high bar of expectations coming from captains, as you run a crew, in fact the biggest crew in the faction.
This doesn't change the fact that I didn't mug anyone nor do you have any evidence of it ever happening

(02-18-2022, 08:26 PM)BigJohnnyMCGEE Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 08:00 PM)Stretch Wrote: Hello, I am the Don of the Canavans, which is the faction you were killed from.

like I have with others.

This doesn't change the fact that I didn't mug anyone nor do you have any evidence of it ever happening
Also the other "issue" was dealt with days ago when i was still an associate. I dont understand the logic between me being a captain and having read the rules leading to me not being able to defend myself? My point was that as a captain you should trust me a little more to explain myself as i didn't break any rules. I think the issue here is that the 2 people who pk'd me are admins, therefore they get to skip the stage of actually needing evidence or approval for a pk.

The fact that you're bringing "Staff Bias" into this shows that you're stretching for a last resort.

And no, I do not need evidence for you mugging people, per the pk guideline - "<You will be asked to provide evidence of rank> This does not apply if they have partaken in criminal actions, drug manufacturing/murder/robbery/etc. Generally under most don's orders."

Like I said, I will believe my High Command before an Acting Captain, that has been in the position for less than a few days.
I like how you said the "Issue" was dealt with a few days ago, regarding you taxing people using the docks,
yes it was, but nonetheless, it works just like notes, you have fucked up before, so the next fuck up will be a punishment

(02-18-2022, 08:49 PM)Stretch Wrote: The fact that you're bringing "Staff Bias" into this shows that you're stretching for a last resort.

And no, I do not need evidence for you mugging people, per the pk guideline - "<You will be asked to provide evidence of rank> This does not apply if they have partaken in criminal actions, drug manufacturing/murder/robbery/etc. Generally under most don's orders."

Like I said, I will believe my High Command before an Acting Captain, that has been in the position for less than a few days.
I like how you said the "Issue" was dealt with a few days ago, regarding you taxing people using the docks,
yes it was, but nonetheless, it works just like notes, you have fucked up before, so the next fuck up will be a punishment

Again, I was involved in one case of harassment at the docks. I didn't have a weapon or threaten anyone at the time. It was a random whiteshirt fishing and after i heard this wasn't allowed (because it wasn't in the rules) i apologized to him and gave him $500. I am not trying to say staff bias, i am trying to say that staff should still need to go through the same stages of approval as anyone else would. I am not saying you should've automatically "believed me", im saying you should've given me the chance to explain the situation. The situation i believe is being referred to as me "mugging" a whiteshirt was an altercation where a whiteshirt and his friend in a suit approached me. The whiteshirt asked where he could buy a suit, and i told him i would sell him one for $5000. Then, they tried to steal my car (as they had multiple times already that day) so i shot both of them. I dont understand how this is mugging? I also don't understand how the boss could interpret this as mugging if he was there?

(02-18-2022, 08:55 PM)BigJohnnyMCGEE Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 08:49 PM)Stretch Wrote: The fact that you're bringing "Staff Bias" into this shows that you're stretching for a last resort.

Again, I was involved in one case of harassment at the docks. I didn't have a weapon or threaten anyone at the time. It was a random whiteshirt fishing and after i heard this wasn't allowed (because it wasn't in the rules) i apologized to him and gave him $500. I am not trying to say staff bias, i am trying to say that staff should still need to go through the same stages of approval as anyone else would. I am not saying you should've automatically "believed me", im saying you should've given me the chance to explain the situation. The situation i believe is being referred to as me "mugging" a whiteshirt was an altercation where a whiteshirt and his friend in a suit approached me. The whiteshirt asked where he could buy a suit, and i told him i would sell him one for $5000. Then, they tried to steal my car (as they had multiple times already that day) so i shot both of them. I dont understand how this is mugging? I also don't understand how the boss could interpret this as mugging if he was there?

I never said that was the reason, nor does that even match a mugging, literally that situation has nothing to do with you're pk.

I have said everything I need to, this is my last response.

like I have with others.

I also would like to add that even you admit its unrealistic for a made man to mug someone let alone a whiteshirt, so how could you automatically believe this happened without any evidence or asking me about it?

(02-18-2022, 08:59 PM)Stretch Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 08:55 PM)BigJohnnyMCGEE Wrote:

I never said that was the reason, nor does that even match a mugging, literally that situation has nothing to do with you're pk.

I have said everything I need to, this is my last response.
also yes u never said that was the reason, you never did say a reason or give any evidence which is why i still don't know which situation i was pk'd fpr.

Pk Appeal - Hue - 02-19-2022

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.