Diverge Networks
TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: TopShotta's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3114)

Pages: 1 2 3

TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Landon - 02-21-2022

Your Name: TopShotta | Chuck McLeary Jr.

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:623199091

Reason for ban: FailRP | Abusing Character

Length of ban: Perm

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): 

Why should you be unbanned? I should be unbanned because all I did was show a fake FBI badge to two officers, and tell them to arrest Tyler Ross, in a clear joking manner. We eventually made it to the cells, where the Probie began to sentence Tyler Ross, when the Probie asked how long he should sentence him for, and I replied with "25 years" then the Probie did it for 125 years (the clip is cut to where I say 25 after I say yah). The Probie was clearly doing this by himself, as soon after he cuffs and arrests the Judge, completely by himself, also sentencing him. I thought the whole situation was IC and could be RP'd out, as I was impersonating a government official. This was fully intended as a joke, I'm sorry it was taken too far by the Probie.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/903861012397162547/945148768897077278/unknown.png

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Irn Bru - 02-21-2022

I was the judge who was involved in this situation. The Probie was the only one in my personal opinion who was minging and abused his position, as he arrested me on my judge char, and sentenced me without a trial also. I directly witnessed the whole situation and it was clear that TopShotta was only joking however, the Probie took it too far. TopShotta never cuffed, dragged or sentenced Tyle Ross, and also never told the probie to arrest me either. It is also in the penal code that impersonation of a government official is a crime so he has reasonable grounds to RP this situation out.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - ayo - 02-21-2022

I am involved in this situation but before I lay down my part I kinda wanted to touch in this topic just a bit.

I mean I get really confused when I look at bans like these. A character, not even apart of a faction, facing an out of character consequence for something they did in character. Of course somethings done in character have their limits, FBI/State/Judicial corruption, abuse of vendor, alting, metagming and so forth, to preserve the roleplay standard. Looking at situations in 2020 where players could roleplay as a corrupt councilman hire a public defender (Gino Lombardi) to break them out of jail it'd all be something done through roleplay. No OOC issues created from it. But when you try to find something similar to that roleplay experience you don't really find it. Corrupt cops are either banned or blacklisted on evidence found OOCly, councilman/city gov can not do ANYTHING illegal... Its mafiaRP and players are getting OOCly punished for breaking the law on criminal characters. The players who complain about the roleplay standard, metagame, and other OOC things are typically the ones feeding the issue. In this instance you see a player complain to staff because of a character pretending to be FBI... Whats next? players reporting eachother for selling drug? In character is in character and bans like this are just O.0

My side was simple. I was in discord talking with Topshotta at the time and I was able to watch most of the situation. The roleplay held by all parties was horrible "failRP" was said what? 10 tens? more. Seemed like an admin sit if I wasn't watching the screen. What I saw was no violation of the rules... It was a /me of an FBI badge, a faction that no longer exists. Its clear an in character option was optional but some player for some reason wanted to make a report. What?

No clue. Just gonna tab out with my say that I saw no issues with what he did but also the fact that these bans are the reason people get scared to roleplay....

A player doing what they can to OOCly go at players for their IC actions is just weird. Sit was already dealt with, no clue why UA stepped in.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Romullus - 02-21-2022

Wasnt Chuck Mcleary Jr. an actual fbi when fbi was a faction?

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Rem - 02-21-2022

You were faking being FBI and had another officer vouch/give you credibility to a probationary officer that you were. You manipulated the probationary to arrest another officer and give them a sentence. Which directly lead him to being banned and another whole fiasco occurred, which should not have happened since you were the cause. You caused a huge headache for many people because you wanted to be funny. The main reason as to why it is a permanent ban is that your history is giant and you crossed the line.

As to your claim it being IC/RP'ed out is humorous. Why should your punishment be only RPed out when you caused another player to be punished OOCly for being manipulated by you, for being a participant. Regardless, it's an OOC rule break and was handled OOCly.

https://streamable.com/f0lfyy

Video was not directly responsible to your ban, but does add some validity.

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Landon - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:01 AM)Touka Wrote: You were faking being FBI and had another officer vouch/give you credibility to a probationary officer that you were. You manipulated the probationary to arrest another officer and give them a sentence. Which directly lead him to being banned and another whole fiasco occurred, which should not have happened since you were the cause. You caused a huge headache for many people because you wanted to be funny. The main reason as to why it is a permanent ban is that your history is giant and you crossed the line.

As to your claim it being IC/RP'ed out is humorous. Why should your punishment be only RPed out when you caused another player to be punished OOCly for being manipulated by you, for being a participant. Regardless, it's an OOC rule break and was handled OOCly.

https://streamable.com/f0lfyy

Video was not directly responsible to your ban, but does add some validity.
I simply told the Probie to arrest Tyler Ross, there was no convincing, as the probie was pushing towards sentencing him for 125 years. The Probie clearly wanted to arrest Tyler, as right after he arrested the Judge right next to him.

You fail to understand the perspective of the probationary. There were other officers in the situation who were higher ranking, and ignored the fact that an 'FBI' told him to arrest him (other than tyler ross), so he did not question your authority especially when you showed a badge. Again, you were vouched by another officer (who was minging with you and in result was blacklisted from PD). The probie is new and oblivious which I cannot blame him for listening to much higher orders, or it seemed to be.

https://imgur.com/a/w2wBJcD

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Romullus - 02-21-2022

FACTS:

- Topshotta made a retarded joke

- Probie gets trained and are aware of what being an officer means, and how arrests works

- Impersonating gov officials is a law, which officers have done multiple arrests and court cases. (same happens with bar ID)

- Withouth any inovlment from topshotta, the probie did it twice.

- The judges arrest was not ordered by the fake fbi, which removes the argument of the probie doing something because an fbi told him to. This action directly contradicts what rem is saying. No one ordered him to arrest the judge.

UP TO INTERPRETATION:

- The tone and actions from the probie, poeple must look at the video and properly analyze the way and tone the situation was in.

- The IC situation topshotta was trying to have

OTHER FACTS:

- The probie had a discussion with the staff. The probie does not gain anything by tell you something like this " Yes I was being retarded and I knew I wasntt allowed to arrest these two guys. Ye I was trained normally and I knew what I can and cant do."

RE: TopShotta's Ban Appeal - Landon - 02-21-2022

(02-21-2022, 03:12 AM)Touka Wrote: You fail to understand the perspective of the probationary. There were other officers in the situation who were higher ranking, and ignored the fact that an 'FBI' told him to arrest him (other than tyler ross), so he did not question your authority especially when you showed a badge. Again, you were vouched by another officer (who was minging with you and in result was blacklisted from PD). The probie is new and oblivious which I cannot blame him for listening to much higher orders, or it seemed to be.

https://imgur.com/a/w2wBJcD
You fail to understand that the Probie sentenced him to 125 years, which I never told him to do. There was also no vouching from the other officer also, as I called them over and flashed the badge at the same time, and the Probie ran straight to Tyler Ross, so I don't know why you're assuming that.

I don't deny the probationary was not minging, and he acknowledged that, but it does not give an excuse for these other 2's actions.

Topshotta shouldn't have been in the PD area to begin with. As far as I know, most of the officers there were minging. Confirmed by stretch as he was also there seeing some of this unfold, but was not spectating to see this situation specifically.

I explained this in DMs Romulus, but the Probationary admitted to being improperly trained and did not know how to properly do much. He suggested being removed from being PD but I let him stay, but the PD can do whatever they want to him if they please.