Diverge Networks
Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! (/showthread.php?tid=3129)

Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Chavez221 - 02-22-2022

Legal Gun Racket? Wait! hear me out!

Basically, what I want is a Legal Guns Racket, for this to work one more thing will need to be added/fixed. 

The way a Legal Gun Racket would work is this, Instead of having to go-to the weird sketch NPC in your backroom, the Legal Faction would then need to go-to PD or City Hall where the Legal Gun NPC that only said legal faction could use would be located. The Legal NPC would consist of somewhere between 2-4 guns. For example, the legal racket could consist of a ASP and a VP70. I could go to the NPC at the PD/City hall and buy a shipment of 2-3 of these guns (for UA set price) then sell them at said store. BUT for Legal Factions to sell weapons we would first need the Serial number thing fixed. So LEGAL factions would be required to have a Spreadsheet that has a Screenshot of said persons ID, their FAFL, as well as the gun and serial number put onto a spreadsheet to log the sale. If gun cannot be traced back to the seller (legal faction) then the legal faction would be fined a nice hefty fee by the Department of Firearms, price of fine up to the UA. If said faction is ever caught selling weapons ILLEGALLY, their racket would then have the chance to be removed. 

Fast explanation

1. Person selling the gun would need a vendors License + FAFL equivalent to gun sold.
2. Gun Seller would then buy gun from either the NPC at PD/City hall and wait the 10m or would go get it from their bank acc.
3. Gun Seller would then need to open said spreadsheet that would be used for logging the transaction and log the, Amount Paid, Buyer and sellers name, FAFL, Screenshot of buyers ID and the Serial number.
4. From there the transaction would be complete. 

If police ever needed to track down a Serial number they would then contact us and we would provide them our log book, which each sold gun would be logged. 

EXAMPLE

Seller Name - Buyer Name - Amount Paid - FAFL - Serial number - Gun sold - Picture of ID - 

Lucas Chavez - Bruno Madrigal - 3500 - FAFL-X-XXX - 123456789 - ASP - (Picture of persons ID)

Probably will be denied, i do understand I picked a legal faction but this would also add more RP for legal factions other than oil.

RE: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - TGKilo - 02-22-2022

Gun vendors are already legal?? Just have the actual legal registration and it's legal. And all of the things regarding NPCs at PD and factions getting removed is overkill. It would just be illegal since I've seen many legal companies do illegal stuff. This suggestion sort of overcomplicates things that work perfectly fine both as a server mechanic and in RP.

RE: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Sir_Bodges - 02-22-2022

Gun rackets are already legal if you sell the guns legally. If you want a gun racket, create an illegal faction. Not request a special gun racket where you just add extra steps to the selling process. Regarding the logging of serial numbers, that seems more like a legislation suggestion not a server suggestion. If illegal factions were required to log serial numbers to make a sale legal, they would. They won't ignore it just because that faction is illegal. It's called a front, which is a legal business to hide the illegal things that go on behind the scenes. As far as I am aware, any guns ordered from a vendor are legal as they come from a manufacturer. Provided you have a license it's fine.

RE: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Chavez221 - 02-22-2022

All guns obtained by Rackets are obtained illegally, then sold legally. This would make it so a small 2-4 guns could be obtained legally and sold legally, meaning no back door, no front.

RE: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Slee - 03-23-2022

I just want to clarify that I did not read the whole application, I just skimmed. But from what I gathered it seems as if this would require a serial number system. Serial numbers are purely aids. They aren't even effective as I can just have two of the same gun and lie about the serial number, if is it be a ingame thing were pendred would assign a number to each and every gun that would be different. Even then it is useless, it would be cool if the server was more in depth as to having to register each gun, but that would turn the server towards more Doc RP, with no one wants.

RE: Legal Guns Racket? WAIT hear me out! - Vex - 03-26-2022

Oil is as-far-as this should go. Criminal Factions are given gun rackets, and properties to do Legal rp, to lure people into their criminal organization. Afterall, this is Mafia rp, not City rp. So, in-other-words if you wish for some sort of Legal rp, go do Oil, Government, Police, or the select few Legal jobs that are available. Making Legal factions would take away from Illegal factions, on a Mafia rp server.