Diverge Networks
DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: DaSchmeeze's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3161)

DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - DaSchmeeze - 02-24-2022

In-Game Name(s): Camino Del Rio | Marco Vitale | Officer Fu Ping 

Steam Name: DaSchmeeze

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198325304843/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:182519557

Discord Username: DaSchmeeze#5865

Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2d 9h

Time Zone: Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-5+ hours during the week and 6-8+ hours on the weekend if I am not busy.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I am a quick learner.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  My motivation for applying onto the staff team originates from a few straightforward reasons, one of which being that I have noticed from playing on the server that tickets aren't always taken in the most timely manner. I understand that there are only so many staff, and sometimes they are either offline or busy handling other things, and I want to help me apart of the solution. And recently, I have had a lot of free time and would like to put that towards a hobby I have been really enjoying recently. I think that with my activity I would be able to lighten the workload of the existing staff team tremendously. Furthermore, I also really do enjoy playing on the server. I realize I may not have as much playtime or experience as other applicants, but I am willing to make up for that with my activity and dedication to help the server run more smoothly. I am very familiar with the rules and am confident in my ability of enforcing them properly. I like to think of myself as a logical person, so when handling situations I like to absorb and process all the information before making a decision. I think this is the mentality needed when doing these sort of tasks, and I feel that I am capable of replicating it regardless of the situation. In conclusion, I would love to be apart of the staff team to help out the existing members and because I really do enjoy playing on the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I should be considered over applicants because of my activity on the server, my dedication, and my maturity when handling situations. Like I have mentioned previously, I am able to be on the server for upwards of 4 hours a day during the week and 6-8+ hours on the weekend. Obviously those numbers aren't set in stone, if I have either school work or social plans, those will take priority. But, for the most part I am definitely able to be very active on the server. Due to my activity, I believe that I could be a big help to the current staff team in regards to taking tickets and helping the player base. A lot of the times that I have made tickets in-game, it is rare that they are taken within a few minutes. And again, I understand that staff could either be offline, AFK, or just busy with something else in-game or in real life. But, the point still stands and I want to do the best I can to make sure players are getting assistance in a timely manner. I am also very dedicated, when I set my mind towards something I give all of my effort and try to move forwards to complete my goals regardless. I have the ability to take constructive criticism and work on myself, I am not arrogant or hard headed. When handling things, I believe I have the means to be both logical and understanding of the entire situation, getting all the information needed and checking that with the rules before passing judgement. I have also thoroughly read the rules and understand them, being able to enforce them with confidence. I understand where I might lack in playtime or experience, however I believe I have the right characteristics and qualities to make up for those shortcomings and make a direct and noticeable impact on the staff team.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No previous staffing experience on Garry's Mod, but I am willing to learn and hope that it doesn't hinder my chances. After all, everyone has to start somewhere.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I know that I am not well known enough to have a reputation on the server, but I hope to establish one as someone who is both active and mature.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would clip the situation and either make a ticket in-game or a player report on the forums.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Depending on the situation, if it is severe I would get evidence and submit to Upper Administration. However, if it is something minor and not harmful to anyone but still in violation of rules or guidelines, I would message them privately about it to try and get them to stop. If it continued, I would bring it to someone with authority over them.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: As they are my friend, I would get another staff member to handle the situation so there isn't any potential bias. I would do nothing to hinder their punishment if they did something with undeniable proof. 
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - Chad - 02-24-2022

-1 get some more time on the server

RE: DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - SmokeyJ - 02-25-2022

Great app, but the only bad thing is lack of playtime, get more playtime.

RE: DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - Micky - 02-26-2022

A decent RPer, I don't think you are staff material though.

DaSchmeeze's Staff Application - Rem - 02-26-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.