Diverge Networks
Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3186)

Pages: 1 2

Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Emperor - 02-27-2022

In-Game Name(s): Sergio Di Lodovico / Joseph Accardi / John London
Steam Name: Chosen96
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/YourLocalCocaineNose/ (ye don't laugh pls)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:217293411
Discord Username: 96mil#5385
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 1m 2w 5d 22h
Time Zone: CET: UTC+01:00

---------------------------------------------------------
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: At least 5-10 hours a week. If not more.

Have you read the rules?: I have read the rules

Do you have a working microphone?: I have a working microphone

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): I[b] acknowledge that I must attend all staff meetings. Unless I have stated why I cannot beforehand.[/b]

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: A little bit, though I still have to learn and I am willing/motivated to learn.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I [b]acknowledge that lying on this application will result in my immediate denial and blacklisting from staff.[/b]

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
I have been playing on this server for a solid couple of months. I have witnessed many rule infringements and situations where I would have liked staff to intervene. Aswell as I would have liked some of my tickets taken earlier.
I really want to try and cut waiting time for people on Tickets and other issues that may arise. I really like the RP on diverge and want the community to stay active and engaged. I don't want minges or people RDMing to ruin the fun for others. It's not for the sole purpose of punishing of course.
But I want to bring the rules closer to the people that want to actually play the server and don't understand the mechanics/rules yet. Really I just want to try my best to make this RP Server a better place for everyone. If that's by RP itself or Staffing.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
I am a Person who likes to learn and grow. The server is very enjoyable for me and I want it to stay that way, not just for me but for everyone else too. I am not all out on punishement but more for teaching people that want to be taught.
I have spent alot of time RPing on the server and have a wide understanding of the rules.  My ability to be objective and unbiased in any given situation is also a big plus in my sight. Even though I can have a temper myself, and maybe some have experienced it too, 
I am able to stay professional and collected even in stressful/tense situations if it is asked from me (also necessary on my actual job), it is more of a "trait" that is used in RP and/or situations where it's not considered inappropriate. It can be successfuly put aside while staffing.

Work experience:

My work experience is also a huge + point if I can assume so. I have worked in multiple departements at my current employer (Insurance Company). 

Helpdesk - 6 Months
System Access - 3 Months
Server Support - 4 Months
Coaching - 3 Months
2nd Level On-Site - 11 Months (still here)

Therefore I had to deal with internal and external customers. I have alot of experience in communication with other people and staying professional is a must in every situation. Especially because I work for a big insurance corporation. Not just communication with customers but also with collegues as alot of tasks require the involvement of either multiple people or multiple departements.

In my time at the company I had to deal with alot of people. From the friendliest ones you can imagine up to brokers that threatened me with death (at helpdesk especially). I learned very well to restrain myself and think clearly and rationaly. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 
I was Staff on the most recent MP (Mobsters Paradise) until it went down.
It wasn't for very long though it gave me a decent look into what will expect me.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
No. I have not been banned.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
Some people may like me very much while other may have a different opinion. I have always tried to be polite to people and help out wherever I can, you never know when you might need their help yourself.
To come to the answer, I think overall my reputation in the community is pretty decent to good. I keep people I like very close and try to be good to everyone that's good to me. All in all I can say my reputation is pretty good in the community and I am further building it up.

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: It depends on if a Ticket is made or I witness it.

1. Ticket: I would switch to my Staff character and claim the Ticket. Make sure the person is not in an RP situation and bring them into a sit. I will asess the sitation and listen to what happened.
    I will ask the person if there is footage (a clip) of the RDM happening. If he is unable to provide proof of the rule infringement, I will, on his wish, make sure to bring the other party into the sit (given he is not in an RP situation) and ask if he wants to comment on it or explain it from his side.  
    In the end of the scenario I would advice the player to download a recording software (like Medal).

1.1 If there is clear evidence given I will bring the Person who commited the RDM and ask his side of the story. On a clear rule infringement like RDM I will check his notes/warns. If he has minor warns or none I will ask the player who made the ticket if he wants me to warn him.
      If there were multiple violations before and maybe even on the same day, I will go by standards (given they are provided, like a punishement sheet) else I will make a reasonable decision depending on the situation.

2. I witness it: If I myself witness the RDM I will go to the player and ask him to make a ticket. Preferably I will take a clip of it aswell.
    From there on I would take the sit the same way as described above. Considering every aspect that plays a role in the infringement and the punishement/warning.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I will call him out and ask him to discontinue the abusal of his powers. If he should continue instead I will gather evidence of it and forward it to the Person responsible for those cases.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
In such cases I have to be objective and not handle the situation with personal interest in mind. If any of my Friends should join the server they will be told that I will treat them no different than other players. Therefore they will recieve the same punishement.

(Reapplied before 30day "cooldown" after talking to Pendred)

Best Regards

Chosen
aka. 96mil
aka. Serge

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Benkku - 02-27-2022

+1 Good lad

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - TheJeffExplodes - 02-27-2022

+1 Slava Ukriane

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - dandead10 - 02-27-2022

+1 I'm for it. He seems to be a good guy.

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Scar - 02-27-2022

+1 Good guy and a great person to be staff | (6 Years lmao)

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - MIREGIOVA - 02-27-2022

Hes been on the server for quite awhile and is nice and straight forward guy. I think he should get a shot
+1

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Chad - 02-27-2022

-1 horrible app no detail

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Micky - 02-27-2022

+1,

Fixed up application, I kind of suggest a few more sentences, but overall seems like a great player with a positive attitude.

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - Emperor - 02-27-2022

(02-27-2022, 10:33 PM)Chad Wrote: -1 horrible app no detail
Your critique could be a little more specific.
I pretty much went into as much detail as needed to not make the application too short, nor to make it too long.

Best regards.
-Chosen  Big Grin

(02-27-2022, 10:46 PM)Micky Wrote: -1,

Application is not well-made, I suggest you edit it and write a few more sentences aswell. Your application is all over the place.
Due to my screen resolution (im currently still messing with it to find the right fit) it looked better for me.
I have edited the layout a bit and now it's more clear.

I thought about adding more sentences, though it should be clear what I meant in my answers.
I also tried not to make it too long or too short. But I can ofc add a few more sentences if you think that would be a good idea.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Best regards
-Chosen  Big Grin

RE: Chosen's 2nd attempt | Staff Application - JoJo - 02-27-2022

+1
Love him, based on my personal experiences with him he’s a good roleplayer and exactly what the community needs in a staff member