Diverge Networks
Spectator's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Spectator's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=324)

Spectator's Staff Application - Spectator - 01-02-2021

In-Game Name(s): Antonio Valentine

Steam Name: Spectator
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198105592033
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:72663152
Discord Username: Spectator#9685
Total playtime on Server: 1 - 2 days
Time Zone: AEST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Since I have no other servers I have to attend to I mean 24/7 of course not the times I'm sleeping. And work as well.
Have you read the rules?: Yes, I've read all of them.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I have a working mic.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yea that would be a standard requirement of a staff member.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nut script commands?: I am quite familiar with nut script used to be staff on an old mafia RP Omerta Networks [2015] Aswell as other servers I've staffed on like warhammer40k
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes I understand that completely.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 
Truth be told, to get the old feeling of being staff on a mafia RP like I did way long ago, And I'm also merely interested in just being staff I would role play but I wouldn't be doing any role play that is a major character within the community I'd rather just act as an OOC staff member making sure role play plays out smoothly. I know my play time doesn't make much of my dedication but I tell you what I can prove that in my coming days and general attendance. Because MafiaRP is where I got serious into the RP scene. And it's what gives me motivation to apply. I'm gonna say it's not for the lack of staff it's more of wanting to help out the community when they need a staff member and well my timezone helps since I'm from more then likly the downtime area, Hence being Australian so sums up why I wanna apply.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
Firstly I would consider me as a candidate due the fact I'm Australian and I'd be on during the times where a lot of the other staff wouldn't be able to be on. And I'd be on all the time. I wasn't called the night shift slave back on omerta for nothing. -BlueFiasco can vouch for me on that because he was staff with me and well he told me to sleep when I didn't want to. Plus I have a shocking amount of experience in the staffing field I've even coded a Russian Border RP in nut script back in 2016, So I have an Idea on how to use nut script. And well I purely just wanna be a staff member to help our community run smoothly and well nostalgia, Plus anyone who played on the old school Omerta networks can vouch for me, I can even get the old owner of Omerta to get on and vouch aka -Kevin. And I've got such a great personality trust me 10mins with me and I'd have you smiling and doesn't that sound like a great time. I used to also run small little mini events people didn't realize like help a random person from getting mugged, aka I'd have friends come and play the skit with me. A lot of complicated stuff. But enough of that. get to ask me more when we in a interview Smile

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
[*]DiverseRP 2014 - 2015 [Co-Owner]

[*]RanchRPv.01 2017-2018  [Server Manager]

[*]RanchRPv.02 2020 - 2020 [ Retired Staff (Trusted SuperAdmin) ]

[*]OmertaRP - 2015 - 2016 [ Admin - Head Administrator] (MafiaRP)

[*]HKGaming - 2014 - 2015 [ Staff Manager ]

[*]FreedomGaming [Date Unknown] [Co-Owner] (DarkRP)

[*]FadedGaming [Date Unknown] [Admin] (DarkRP)

[*]PyrexGaming [Date Unknown] [Co-Owner/Owner] (Community | Starwars - Bhop - Prophunt - DarkRP - MilitaryRP)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No, I haven't been banned from any of your servers.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: 
I wouldn't call myself well know or well know at all, I know that sounds like wow a nobody why would we give him staff, Hear me out in my time and experience some of my best staff that I've know are ones that have little to know reputation within the server, letting them not hold connections with anyone resulting no beef between anyone so if someone applied and had an issue with someone maybe a little admin abuse might happen to get an advantage on the person they dislike.  So I believe this might have an interesting result for you proving I'd be a great pick despite my status, I mean sure my name carried weight back in the old days of mafiaRP but that's then not now. So in short throw a dog a bone and give it a try. I'd like to say you can trust me it's why we do interview right?

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Truth be told wasn't a recommendation more of a pointer and a general discussion, And merely wasn't as much of a staff member more of the developer team member. [Pendred #3946 discord tags] (Cheers for the pointer mate)

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
Firstly I'd hop onto my staff account[Or state im staff on the spot and inform him what he did], then either jail and tp to them or bring and jail them. Present the knowledge I am a staff member see how the react, if negative remind them of the rule they have broken, And then either leave them with verbal warning or well warn them in game, Depending on the severity of their actions and how they treat me. Go to the other player who was killed and reimburse them on lost equipment or funds. Now I'd then spectate the suspect and review how he plays if continue more punishments will go towards him.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Truth be told all abuse needs to be reported, but It does depend on the staff's actions such as a noclip to get somewhere faster I'd let it slide, but if he died then noclip just to be outside quicker then report and get evidence on that person. Whom I'd report to usually a staff manager or a snr staff [aka Senior admin - Staff manager - Server Manger] Rarely I'd go to an owner.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Despite my relationship with my friend I agreed to act as a staff and I will act accordingly and dish out punishments to him if needed, even ban him if to far it's why I signed up as staff member. It may sound like I wouldn't care but I shouldn't let my friend act as a minge just because we are friends it's not why I joined staff for.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Spectator's Staff Application - Rem - 01-02-2021

+1
As we gain more staff members, we haven't been gaining many EU/AU staff.
App looks ok
Seems dedicated

RE: Spectator's Staff Application - Micky - 01-03-2021

+1,

Need more EU/AU Staff, application looks well-written. Possible candidate, good luck.

RE: Spectator's Staff Application - Pendred - 01-07-2021

Accepted.

Contact me on Discord for training and to get setup.