Diverge Networks
Moses' appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Moses' appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3279)

Moses' appeal - Moses - 03-15-2022

Your Name: Moses

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:63629212

Reason for ban: Flag Abuse

Length of ban: One Hour

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Both.

Why should you be unbanned?: Whilst I feel this is genuinely too harsh, I will first apologize, sincerely, for not informing members of the UA about my usage of flags, nor my having of such flags. Though, I want to make it clear that nothing that I did was with ill-intent. I understand this punishment, though I did not act maliciously, nor did I make any attempt to harm the server or its RP standards.

I have been driving around in a limousine spawned with my flags, and began advertising for a limo service. I started to drive people around, and even picked up a few customers as if it were a taxi. I had created my own role-play experience which was not at all mingey, nor unrealistic to the 80's era. I had been trying to keep my usage of the flags to a minimum, and prevent myself from spawning monstrosities and painting cars moronic colors. I do this, and with zero warning I receive a ban. I'll move forward to my small dispute.

There are members of this community, like Somespy, who chooses to drive around and do similar RP to myself (This is not a negative, I love Somespy's work). There is a user who was not staff at the time of using C flags, who used his flags to prop-push, VDM, and was generally a minge and he only had his flags taken and a ban issued on the third offense. There are situations like with Robert, a well-renowned gamemaster who sometimes spawns APCs to just drive around and hit vehicles. Now, I know what I am saying sounds bad, though I wish not to shift the blame from myself though. As I said, I made the choice to do what I did, and I regret it as I left a trail that could only paint me as a fool and a flag abuser. I made a childish, and foolish decision. Robert is an excellent Gamemaster. Somespy is a great passive role-player who enjoys making a vibrant 80's experience, and the unnamed member does not have anything good going for him though.

At the time of the ban, my 'C' flags were stripped as I was chauffeuring somebody through the city to the car dealership, my flags were taken, then moments later I was banned with zero warning given about misuse of flags. I have dedicated time into the server, and I believe this is too harsh for somebody with good intent, and a clean record.

This is not about wanting to rejoin the server; This is simply to clean my record from this stain.

Once more; I apologize to those who had to deal with my actions and antics.

(This was longer but I accidentally deleted a large portion.)

RE: Moses' apeal - Moses - 03-15-2022

(03-15-2022, 12:14 AM)MostlyIlliterate Wrote: (This was longer but I accidentally deleted a large portion.)

As said previously, sorry if formatting and grammar is off. The forums has a... Less-than-likable system when it comes to accidentally highlighting an entire paragraph and not being able to press undo.

RE: Moses' apeal - Rem - 03-15-2022

You are a regular user and not a GM. You should not have gotten staff to swap your old GM/Staff character and make them RP characters. This should not have happened as you have flags that you should not have, which is why the character isn't accessable regularly. If you wanted to do something like this, you should have contacted a GM. I have PKed your old staff and gamemaster characters. A warning is not needed.

We expect resigning staff to not purposely hide permissions they gained and are not supposed to have once gone, especially resigning UA.

RE: Moses' apeal - Moses - 03-15-2022

I understand, Rem. Though I did not hide my permissions. I never lied about having them. I just didn't express it. The ban is already lifted, though I just want it to be known that I had no malicious intent.