Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3299)

Pages: 1 2

Staff Application - Alex Carvetelo - 03-19-2022

In-Game Name(s): Ludovico "The Butcher" Rizzuto
Steam Name: Alex Carvetelo
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198273535396
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:156634834
Discord Username: FreeXyCrazy#6166
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2w 2d 12h
Time Zone: UTC-4 (EST)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Depending on my school, I can be on a minimum of 4 hours a day. I can also be there 8 hours some days off.
Have you read the rules?: Yes i have
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes I have. ref (HyperX Cloud II)
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes I completely understand
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I understand
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I spend more and more time on the server and I would like to invest myself in it as best as I can. I have never been disappointed or want to leave the server and I would like to try something new which is for me to become a staff member. I would like to be able to help the players who are in need, the players are the center of the server because without them the server would not exist and my goal would be to help them and make them feel that the staff is there for them when they need it. I also noticed like many that recently the staff did not have time to take advantage of their RP time because there is a lack of staff so I would provide help which I think would be appreciated. Becoming a staff member would be a great achievement for me since my first time on the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I honestly think that I can stand out and do a good job, I want to become staff to help the server and invest myself as much as I can. I have schedules that allow me to be present when there is less staff available or online at the time. I am understanding and I like to help the players. I wouldn't prioritize my rp game over my moderator job. I would sincerely like to try my luck and be able to show you in more detail why I would do a better job as a mediator than some who may apply for different reasons.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I was a staff member on several different servers, unfortunately French servers so the mentality and the atmosphere are very different from each other. I was a staff member at ToxicGaming around 3 years ago. I was also an administrator or moderator on other servers with a lower average of players whose names I forgot.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I have been banned 2 times from the server, one of them for metagame and the other for Item transfer. Both of my bans are from a while ago and I've never done it again or acted like that after. I have become more serious over time and I now have a better understanding of the server and the good or bad which helps me in my decisions to stop breaking the rules.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I wouldn't say I'm known to the entire server or the vast majority because I'm not loud or social in character. But I think I'm pretty well known to people around me when I was in the Lucchese Crime Family. I am now a member of the Colombo Crime Family and have met more players since I arrived. I think those with whom I have worked or had deals remember me and recognize me. I'm trying more and more to meet new people and diversify my in-game activities. I think like every person I have enemies and friends. But I think most of the people who know me like me.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Romullus, H445, Catgoku22, Vex, Jeff
-------------------------------------------------

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: first of all I would try to contact a staff member that is on-duty when this happens. I would retrieve the id of the player in question in case there is no response. If no other staff can or have the time to take care of the player after a few minutes of waiting, I will take my service to discuss with the player in question to let him know what he has done. If it's a new player I'll explain the rules to him and give him a link to the forums to read them himself. If the player already has warnings, I will remind him of the rules and give him the sanction that is deserved. Normally I don't like to deal with my own situation or those I'm involved with for various obvious reasons. But for a case like this I think it would be necessary to do so.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'm not a drama person, if I see a fellow staff member abusing his powers for various reasons. I would try to get in touch with him and Pendred or Canadian to explain to them what happened. I always try to have evidence to facilitate any problems. Once I've told a staff member who can take care of it, I'll have done what I had to do and probably won't think about it anymore.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: A moderator's job is to keep the server safe and fun for players. No one should break the rules whether they are a friend of the staff, a regular player or even a moderator. I would give the appropriate sanction to what my "friend" would have done to receive complaints about him. In any case if a sanction affects our friendship it is not a good friend. I would never take someone's side if I became a moderator whether they were my friend or not. I will be objective and do my best to assign the correct sanctions. I also think that as a moderator you should teach your friend a little bit about the main important rules before inviting him to play on the server.

---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for your time. Hope to see you again on the server soon.

RE: Staff Application - Romullus - 03-19-2022

+1 Despite being a member of faction I had to war, he was able to always keep a civil and unbaised disscussion with me. Could make a good staff member.

RE: Staff Application - catgoku22 - 03-19-2022

+1 good guy, spends a lot of time in the server, and would be good to have more staff

RE: Staff Application - Macho_man270 - 03-19-2022

+1 very active may be good for staff. Mafia midget approves this message

RE: Staff Application - super_pini_bros - 03-19-2022

+1. Best Captain I ever had. A real OG. Absolutely deserves admin privs. Trustworthy, honest, a true leader. Give this man the position he deserves!!!!

RE: Staff Application - MIREGIOVA - 03-19-2022

Great guy and dedicated to diverge. I say give him a shot +1

RE: Staff Application - hhhh - 03-19-2022

+1

Great guy and amazing roleplayer, he could definitely be a great addition to the staff team.

RE: Staff Application - CharlesSKS - 03-19-2022

I believe that he is good enough for staff, and I am not saying this because I have either a gun to my head or because I am getting money out of it. +1

RE: Staff Application - Alex Carvetelo - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 03:10 AM)CharlesSKS Wrote: I believe that he is good enough for staff, and I am not saying this because I have either a gun to my head or because I am getting money out of it. +1
You was not suppose to say that i'm pointing a 9mm at your head...

RE: Staff Application - Dom Battiato - 03-19-2022

+1 Would be good for the server and more unbias staff is needed.