Diverge Networks
Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob (/showthread.php?tid=3317)

Pages: 1 2

Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - TheDroppedFry - 03-20-2022

Name of Faction: Mafia de las Palmeras (The Palm Tree Mob)

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 5

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Crime Family

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): Cuban

Server Preference (Miami or New York): Miami

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): TheDroppedFry#4237

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:75961779

Your Server playtime: 100+ hours

Your Faction Discord link (If you have one): https://discord.gg/mM8kE2ZhCn 

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images):

JULY 1953

[Image: 300px-Habana_entrance_Fidel_and_Huber_Matos.jpg]

Castro's revolution against then-President Batista begins, and a blood civil war ensues. Years of conflict, economic strife, and national militarism tear the country apart, leaving the island-nation destitute.

[Image: BlackWallStreet_1050_700.jpg]

As the 1960s and early 70s roll around, the country remains impoverished as US sanctions cut off vital imports and exports of the country, and the authoritarian military state fails to adequately establish a self-sustaining nation. 

The late 1970s soon arrived, and by this point many Cubans have already fled north to the golden beaches of Florida, on rafts made of various floatable materials gripping both children and necessary valuables in hand. Those who arrive initially are treated with hostility and suspicion, as cultures clash and force a degree of segregation between the Cubans and the rest of the Floridian populace. Job opportunities dwindle, social networks are damaged or destroyed, and poverty seems to follow the migrants from their war-torn homeland.

[Image: im-95188]

A few Cubans, having gotten sick of the miserable circumstances, decided to band together and begin consolidating their connections and finances. Many of these Cubans still held criminal connections from Cuba (it was necessary in order to get past the border security), such as smugglers, drug & weapons dealers, etc.

Deciding to exploit these connections, and having seen the vulnerability of the US border for themselves, these Cubans began networking with local street gangs and friendly Spanish distributors, while also getting in contact with drug cartels from Mexico and South America to traffic their narcotics, especially crack for its cheapness and popularity among the lower classes.

After enough years, the small 'mob' of Cubans had consolidated enough manpower, money and resources to officially form a crime family. However, to avoid any investigation into Cubans by government authorities with a traditional Cuban name or phrase, the mob decided to come up with a title that both served as a reminder of the refuge they found in Florida as well as their origin- "Mafia de las Palmeras', the Palm Tree Mob.

By the early 1980s, the Palm Tree Mob had become well-connected with many Spanish businesses, criminal organizations, black market dealers, and rackets, and spread their customs (as well as their products) through Cuban restaurants and festivals. Many portions of Miami serve as Cuban-centric zones of culture, food and lifestyle- as well as territorial control for the mob that controls these businesses from the shadows.

[Image: 80s-miami.jpg]

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - hhhh - 03-20-2022

+1

Well made and very detailed backstory, this faction could definitely provide some great roleplay in Miami.

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - Lammy - 03-24-2022

+1, Good Application. I can see this becoming a great Cuban faction, especially in Miami.

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - Vex - 03-26-2022

Overall, I think your mentality as a person would not fit being the faction leader of a Crime Faction. You have minor temper-tantrums over things that is your own fault.

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - TheDroppedFry - 03-26-2022

Roger roger.

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - beachskyler1 - 03-26-2022

+1 Well-made and very detailed backstory, this faction could definitely provide some great roleplay in Miami, I can see this becoming a great faction. A Cuban Faction. Good Idea.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - kash - 03-28-2022

neutral

good backstory and shit, but from what I’ve personally experienced your attitude just isn’t there.

+ you abandoned Rossi oil for this, and when this got denied because you hadn’t joined the server for like 3 weeks, you reapply but I get it, I was in the same situation

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - TheDroppedFry - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 06:45 AM)kash Wrote: neutral

good backstory and shit, but from what I’ve personally experienced your attitude just isn’t there.

+ you abandoned Rossi oil for this, and when this got denied because you hadn’t joined the server for like 3 weeks, you reapply but I get it, I was in the same situation

I appreciate your criticism, kash. I know I have been... not very temperamental as of late, but I intend to repair that viewpoint hopefully by making the most of this faction. I left Rossi Oil because maintaining a legal faction was a massive pain in the ass, so I wanted to aim for a more criminal faction.

Thank you for leaving a review!

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - TheIrishman - 03-29-2022

+1 I am unaware of the passed transgressions of this guy, as stated by Vex and Kash. so i can't really factor that in to my opinion on the app. I also do not know what other Cuban factions there are right now, if any. Backstory looks good though, and a Cuban faction in Miami would be a good addition.

RE: Mafia de las Palmeras - The Palm Tree Mob - escape05 - 04-06-2022

Neutral/-1, TheDroppedFry has been known as temperamental and a bit hot headed, but he is a serious role-player in the end. However, he did de facto abandon his previous faction as a leader and let it fall into inactivity. I don't believe he has had enough time to change or to prove he is fit to lead a faction again.

Overall, a great backstory and could potentially bring inventive role-play to Miami, however, current faction leader may not be fit for it.