Diverge Networks
Dineros perm ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Dineros perm ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3332)

Dineros perm ban appeal - Moneykxe - 03-23-2022

Your Name: Dinero

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:426599120

Reason for ban: FailRP | breaking char rules rdm 4 gov’t officials

Length of ban: Perm

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute

Why should you be unbanned? The whole reason behind this ban is just blatantly unjust. First of all the main reason for my ban being breaking char rules, mind there is not rule in char rules that says you cannot kill another government member, feeling as the staff member just placed a random punishment that isn’t even in the rules. Second of all, everything I had done in that situation was me not following police code which was corruption not rdm. The video clip shows police IA attempting to arrest me for killing a man that was in the back seat of my car and when I asked him to get out, he entered the driver seat which led me to kill him. After backing away, the IA officer pulled out a pistol, initiating the gun fight meaning I can kill him without it being RDM. The second officer attempted to restrain me which was also initiation. The third officer opened the door and opened fire and I killed him as well, the hostages I did not kill due to them being passive victims. Everything done was corruption and did not go against char rules.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): 

[/url][url=https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/feCPKh2wHb3Zy/d1337SWTkt45?invite=cr-MSxOM24sMTcwMTA2NCw]https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/feCPKh2wHb3Zy/d1337SWTkt45?invite=cr-MSxOM24sMTcwMTA2NCw

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - spoopii - 03-23-2022

+1

Although Dinero has a lengthy ban list, this entire situation should have been handled IC. If we keep banning people for RP situations then the server will get boring. He didnt kill the hostages for no reason. The ban should be lifted.

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - Rem - 03-23-2022

It is not a made up rule.

If you are a corrupt cop/government, it does not give you justification to RDM other members of the police/government .

Being Corrupt does NOT mean you are doing criminal acts, that means working on the inside of the PD with criminal factions. You cannot just openly commit crimes on that police character. If you want to be a criminal, make a criminal character. As soon as you put yourself in a corrupt situation it is possible to be PK'ed.

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - ZOOMER - 03-23-2022

Rem already summed up the main problem.

Reviewing the footage of the situation and what you've mentioned so far it just seems a lil bit quick on the gun.

"After backing away, the IA officer pulled out a pistol, initiating the gun fight meaning I can kill him without it being RDM."
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. FearRP should also be in effect as well, which you completely disregard as shown in the vid.

"The second officer attempted to restrain me which was also initiation."
- Another case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

As far as I'm concerned, you've wasted yet another second chance.

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - Mishka Arkhipov - 03-23-2022

Proud you didn’t shoot the hostages but just report the car stolen makes everything easy +1

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - Moneykxe - 03-23-2022

Even if I’m corrupt, it wasn’t rdm, every person I had killed initiated a gun fight.

(03-23-2022, 04:46 PM)ZOOMER Wrote: Rem already summed up the main problem.

Reviewing the footage of the situation and what you've mentioned so far it just seems a lil bit quick on the gun.

"After backing away, the IA officer pulled out a pistol, initiating the gun fight meaning I can kill him without it being RDM."
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. FearRP should also be in effect as well, which you completely disregard as shown in the vid.

fear rp is only a punishable if the staff member makes it punishable. Even pendred has said in ooc chat that you don’t need to follow the rule but if you don’t, you could get pked. Everybody breaks fear rp, and this exact situation has played out many times before. Just because I didn’t follow fear rp, doesn’t mean I didn’t roleplay. I rped bleeding out next to the hostages. No where in that scene I broken character.

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - ZOOMER - 03-24-2022

(03-23-2022, 07:02 PM)Moneykxe Wrote: Even if I’m corrupt, it wasn’t rdm, every person I had killed initiated a gun fight.

fear rp is only a punishable if the staff member makes it punishable. Even pendred has said in ooc chat that you don’t need to follow the rule but if you don’t, you could get pked. Everybody breaks fear rp, and this exact situation has played out many times before. Just because I didn’t follow fear rp, doesn’t mean I didn’t roleplay. I rped bleeding out next to the hostages. No where in that scene I broken character.

If you call that roleplay then I'm worried what you'll consider as actual roleplay. 

"Everybody breaks fear rp, and this exact situation has played out many times before."
- True, similar situations had happened before. I sincerely doubt, from my time as staff for this long, that everybody breaks FearRP.

"Even pendred has said in ooc chat that you don’t need to follow the rule but if you don’t, you could get pked."
- Again, another case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - Moneykxe - 03-24-2022

(03-24-2022, 02:17 AM)ZOOMER Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 07:02 PM)Moneykxe Wrote: Even if I’m corrupt, it wasn’t rdm, every person I had killed initiated a gun fight.

If you call that roleplay then I'm worried what you'll consider as actual roleplay. 

"Everybody breaks fear rp, and this exact situation has played out many times before."
- True, similar situations had happened before. I sincerely doubt, from my time as staff for this long, that everybody breaks FearRP.

"Even pendred has said in ooc chat that you don’t need to follow the rule but if you don’t, you could get pked."
- Again, another case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

I mean everybody as in majority of the FearRP situations that happen on the server. Of course there has been successful mugging attempts and arrests.

RE: Dineros perm ban appeal - Canadian-bacon - 03-24-2022

You spoke to Pendred.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules