Diverge Networks
GreenT's Staff App Attempt 2 - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: GreenT's Staff App Attempt 2 (/showthread.php?tid=3336)

Pages: 1 2

GreenT's Staff App Attempt 2 - GreenT - 03-23-2022

In-Game Name(s): Chief Inspector Dimitri Russiv(New York PD) | Lieutenant Vadik Petrov (MiamiPD)
Steam Name: Barcelona
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198445899102/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:242816687
Discord Username: GreenTea#3345
Total playtime on Server (Do !time in-game): 2w 3d 8h 44m
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York
Time Zone: Eastern Time (EST)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4hrs daily
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, understood.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
I have always had a keen interest in helping other people with their issues. I am mainly on the New York server which has a noticeable lack of staff now that the Miami server came out, I want to help fight this issue. I understand Miami is new and cool but there has to be staff on both servers. I have had many interactions with staff team members and it seems what they do is very exciting and interesting. I have heard stories from other staff as well, They described some of the situations they had been in. I liked the sound of it. So. I am applying for staff
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
 I would not say I should be considered over other candidates. I believe in equality as much as possible. Although if I really must answer, I have good people skills. I understand how to properly treat a fellow player, even if you are staff, you are still one with the players. You have to understand your roots and such, other than that. I am also very good at remaining unbiased and remaining neutral. I understand my powers as staff are not here to needlessly punish, Staff are here to be a helping hand and teach people what they’ve done wrong. Bans are a last resort measure for a minge. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I do not have any experience as a staff member in any community. But everyone has to start somewhere
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
No, I've never been banned on any Diverge servers.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
I'd say I'm well known. I believe most members have a positive opinion of me. I try to be as nice to the community as possible. And while most cops are hated on the server. I believe people actually respect me. I try to help new players with money for suits and I give out most of my money*
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Chadderman - Administrator
Infamy - Administrator
Vex - Administrator
Catgoku22 - Moderator
MeatyFranks - Moderator
Sammy - Moderator
DaSchmeeze - Moderator
Lammy - Moderator

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
If I'm not roleplaying, someone makes a ticket, I'll go on-duty, take the sit. I would first of all. Say Hello and ask them what happened. Then I would ask if they have any evidence such as a clip. If they respond yes. I review the evidence and see what happened. I would bring the guy being accused of RDM. If I deem the kill to be improper then I would punish the guy for RDM. Based on his priors. He may get a verbal, a note or a ban. Completely depending on his behavior in the sit, The severity and his remorse/acknowledgement of his actions. I would attempt to make the “suspect” understand what he did wrong. It’s not my duty to punish needlessly. It’s my duty as a staff member to make sure people understand what they’ve done wrong first and foremost. Then if needed. I can deliver a punishment. After whatever decision I make. I would ask if they have any questions. Then I would return them both

If I am involved. I would use @ to contact my fellow staff and be treated like any other player making a report. Present my evidence and such

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
 I would record the interaction and get as much evidence as I can. Then report it to Touka or another member of UA. I would not directly confront the staff member in question. As it’s UA’s job to investigate staff abuse and not mine. Although it is my duty to report it

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
I would attempt to have another staff member take the sit. As avoiding any potential bias is very important to me. If no other staff are able to take the ticket. I would take the ticket myself. Handling it like any other ticket, Treating my “friend” like any other player on the server. They may contact me afterwards whining about it. But if you are truly one of my friends. You would respect the server I staff on’s rules

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - Lammy - 03-23-2022

+1, Dimitri. I will say this, you are the perfect fit for this position. I have talked to you many times and you are a understandable person. Good luck!

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - Chadderman - 03-23-2022

+1 Solid RPer and would be a great addition.

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - Vex - 03-23-2022

+1

I see him on all the time, great person. I think his intentions as staff are good.

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - Mishka Arkhipov - 03-24-2022

+1 My ESU Brother turned IA Can we Get a F in Chat

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - SmokeyJ - 03-24-2022

+1
Wonderful person to have on the server, would be beneficial to the staff team in my opinion.

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - catgoku22 - 03-24-2022

+1 need more ny staff, seems like a competent person, give em a shot

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - kash - 03-24-2022

+1

despite you barely looking at situations with a intelligent outlook i think you'd still be good for staff

just dont get expelled again retard

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - GreenT - 03-24-2022

(03-24-2022, 01:33 AM)kash Wrote: +1

despite you barely looking at situations with a intelligent outlook i think you'd still be good for staff

just dont get expelled again retard
Ow

RE: GreenT's Staff App Part 2 - Alex Carvetelo - 03-25-2022

+1 great roleplayer and good guy overall. Would be a good addition to staff.