Diverge Networks
Slee's Return - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Slee's Return (/showthread.php?tid=3367)

Pages: 1 2

Slee's Return - Slee - 03-27-2022

In-Game Name(s): Dan Eyer, Dylan Eyer, Steven Eyer, Arron Hall, Joey Latereze, more that I can't remember
Steam Name: Slee
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sleestacksteam/
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:165131016  ||  76561198290527761  || 330262033  ||  
Discord Username: Slee#2797
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 3-4d 20-24h 10-60m (Played since Typhoon split, and only played Diverge since it came out)
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): Previously New York. Now Mainly Miami, and partially New York.
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I can dedicate 1-5 hours per day moderating, covering early morning slots as earlier as 4:00 EST.
Have you read the rules?: Many, many times...
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes. Proactive > Reactive
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes (Previously Staff (10th Accepted Staff on Diverge))
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *

My motivation for coming back to staff is that I love the director of where Diverge is going. We are in the best situation possible. Pendred, a goated server owner, has outlasted all server owners to date because of one simple fact... Child. Pendred cant be a pedo cause the dude isn't 18! His only down fall could be a massive controversy but even then, the guy is a fucking saint, and helps you out just by asking him. I have full faith in Pendred's ability to expand the scope of Diverge networks, and open servers in cities like Philadelphia, Detroit, DC, and so much more. This is all great, but I'm tired of sitting on the side lines and watch this poor British boy slave away. I helped build a foundation, now its time for me to help build it higher. I hope that you all see that I only want the best for Diverge, and I know with conviction that I would be an amazing re-addition to the moderation team of Diverge.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *

I have previous staffing experience in Diverge, Star Wars RP, Dark RP, City RP, and on other games like SCP:SL. I have GM experience in Diverge, Star Wars RP, and SCP:SL (although it was a staff's job to be a GM on that game so it is inherit

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):

Diverge Networks - Moderator/GM - An amount of months (how many again pendred?)

IceFuse CityRP - Senior Mod - 2 Months - Resigned (Couldn't take the player base.)
Synergy StarWars RP (Base RP) - Mod/GM Helper - 4 Months - Resigned (Moved on to other game modes.)
Iron Edge DarkRP - Mod - 1 Month - Resigned (DarkRP es no bueno)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:

A dark RP server for pissing off the owner for telling him his staff team was corrupt and taking bribes on PayPal for unbans.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:

I will admit, when I first joined Mafia RP, my intention was to minge. That is the case with any serious RP server I've joined, but then I reach a point where I decide that this game mode is enjoyable and then stick around for a few months. But Mafia RP is different, this shit has stuck with me for years now and been a part of how I function in my routine. From the time I've joined I've gone from Hang around to Made Man, to SRG Sniper, back to Made Man, then to Vice President of a faction many times, and now in the process of making my own faction. I've ran the commerce commission, I've co-lead every faction that Shmurda has ran on G-Mod, I've been in a plethora of LEO positions, and many criminal factions as well (not to mention being staff). My reputation has gone from white shirt, to criminal, to hitter, then to business guru. I run all the legal aspects of any of Shmurda's factions and now have a rep for being a well connected, legal expert who is able to have ties to criminal, police, legal, government, and other city connections. I'm a valuable asset to any faction that has me, and would be even more valuable to the staff team of Diverge.
Recommendations:
1 Anonymous Community Manager+

Ultra
Bingus
Vex

Somespy

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

Call staff. Don't even make it known that I am a staff member. In this situation I am simply a victim of another player, and in no position of power. If I were to reveal that I am staff, it would present a major conflict of interest to the on-duty staff. I would also make sure to get a clip of the incident as I have my medal set to 1 minute. I would also make sure to remain civil, and only speak in logical debate and discussion, and attempt to see it from all points of view, taking into account how the RDMer may feel.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

Record and document everything. Ask them why they are doing it and see if I am able to negotiate them to stop. If unable to stop them my self (non-forcefully), I will report them to their higher up presenting all documentation and evidence of the occasions that they abused. I would then keep tabs on what happens, and keep an open mind to rehabilitation into the staff team for them. Most importantly, it would remain top priority to keep any personal things out of this, and to never hold a grudge against them.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

First I would bring them to a sit where I would treat them as any other person, and first and foremost inform them that just because we are friends, means nothing when it comes to staffing. If there are other staff members online I would have them handle it. This would add respect to our relationship going forward, because he may not value my hobby of Mafia RP, he would respect my passion for the game mode and steer clear of any rule violations that would be seen as rude towards my dedication towards the server. The same would go for me in their hobbies, as I may not think what they do is worth while, I would still respect a master of their craft, or a heavy enthusiast. I would instill the same punishment in them as any other person, as I do value our friendship, I value respect more. Respect in this case, being an unbiased decision in what would happen regarding their punishment.

RE: Slee's Return - Lammy - 03-27-2022

+1, been there for Hard Demotion Times. Sad

RE: Slee's Return - Dong - 03-27-2022

+1 Good Role player, also a really nice guy. Has past experience on diverge so deserves a spot on the staff team.

RE: Slee's Return - 8tacey - 03-27-2022

+1 In all do respect as I do not like to be rude but I think in the first part of the application was handle very wrongly answered as pendred is a very good founder of the game he spends countless hours on creating the game and takes extreme measures to make sure his game doesn't join the games that gone over I am just not sure how it went into talking about pedophilia and a "slaving British" as quoted but I think later on in the application you made up for them as you answered the questions pretty distinctly  and high detailed could be a good selection.

RE: Slee's Return - Slee - 03-27-2022

(03-27-2022, 08:14 PM)8tacey Wrote: +1 In all do respect as I do not like to be rude but I think in the first part of the application was handle very wrongly answered as pendred is a very good founder of the game he spends countless hours on creating the game and takes extreme measures to make sure his game doesn't join the games that gone over I am just not sure how it went into talking about pedophilia and a "slaving British" as quoted but I think later on in the application you made up for them as you answered the questions pretty distinctly  and high detailed could be a good selection.
I was referring that pendred is a one of a kind server owner that we can't afford to lose

RE: Slee's Return - GreenT - 03-27-2022

+1, good guy

RE: Slee's Return - JoJo - 03-27-2022

-1 Sex
(But +1 tho)

RE: Slee's Return - Shmurda - 03-29-2022

+1 

Staff needs another ticket monster.

RE: Slee's Return - Slee - 03-29-2022

(03-29-2022, 06:32 AM)Shmurda Wrote: +1 

Staff needs another ticket monster.
I gobble tickets like you gobble trailer park hot dogs (rancid)

RE: Slee's Return - kash - 03-29-2022

overall an individual whose opinions are often invalid, and especially after the little rep message he gave me, clearly doesn’t understand a simple concept.

after me repeatedly stating within multiple sits that “I can not change this.” and even giving him a member of UA after he asked for one, he overall doesn’t understand exactly what us staff are limited to.

just doesn’t have the attitude to retain staff within the community currently, don’t believe he’d be a good fit.