Diverge Networks
Staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Staff application (/showthread.php?tid=338)

Staff application - TheSovietHamster - 01-04-2021

In-Game Name(s): TheSovietHamster (this is a separate character I made for staff) William Joseph Baldwin (This one is my RP char) 
Steam Name: PortalHamster
Steam Profile Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/PortalHammie/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:442581563
Discord Username: TheSovietHamster#8115
Total playtime on Server: 3 days 2 hours 44 minutes (74 hours and 44 minutes)
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:pretty much all days of the week on and off, I play my normal RP and then I hop on moderation for a few hours.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I do

-------------------------------------------------

[b]Long Answer[/b]

Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I notice that there is a shortage of moderators and I hope to fix that problem. I want to moderate the server to make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience. I want to enforce the rules so people don't destroy others RP.  In short terms I want to make sure people have the most enjoyable experience in the server as possible. and the rules that make this servers RP possible.

[b]Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * Passion, It may not seem like it due to my time, but I have been in Mafia servers since Mobsters Paradise, and I have a passion for this type of choose your own adventure RP. I may not be as experienced as other people but I have a passion to make sure everyone has the most enjoyable experience possible. I can get on when staff is off, such as 7AM EST to 10AM EST. (On the weekends) and along with having more time to Moderate, I also have what I would consider good communication and dispute solving skills, I feel I am a good candidate to become a moderator.[/b]

[b]Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No[/b]

[b]Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No[/b]

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I am not necessarily well known, but people do know me, I was in the PD for a short while so some of the PD staff and Officers have good notions of me, I now own the church with two people and they have good regard to me, I also worked with some people such as Tommy Angelo who really like me, I'd say I'm pretty likeable to the people I work with. not well known but liked where I am known. 

[b]Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Im not sure how to answer this, Santa did tell me to "Go  for it" when I said I was probably going to apply for staff, but no, I wouldn't say I've been recommended.[/b]

-------------------------------------------------

[b]Problem Solving[/b]

Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

[b]Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I have 3 answers

1: If there are many staff members on I let them handle it
2 If there is only a few I get on and handle it if they cannot.
3 If there are none on, I get on and handle it.
[/b]

[b]You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I report what I have seen to other high ranking staff members and pendred.[/b]
[b]A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:[/b]

[b]Since he is a friend I take him into a sit and I ask them whats going on first, then I teleport the people he's RDMed and ask them what happened. If he did commit the RDM and Mingery  I give him a short term ban of 1 hour, and over that hour I talk with him and try to get him to understand the rules if he did not read them, since the rules are on the forums not the server. after this I tell him if this happens again im going to have to ban him longer, this way we don't lose a possible good member, but I also solve the issue in punishment and hopefully make a better member of the server.[/b]

RE: Staff application - Micky - 01-04-2021

Uh, your application...

RE: Staff application - TheSovietHamster - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:18 AM)Micky Wrote: Uh, your application...
yes? this is my application. did I make a mistake?

RE: Staff application - Rem - 01-04-2021

This is half of the application. Use the correct format.
As you did update your application, I cannot say it's good.  As we gain more staff, we need to be cautious on who we choose. I can easily spot a few mistakes and this app does not look like it was reviewed well. Based off the app, I cannot give you a +1 because the impression I get from this application just makes you seem the opposite of 'staff material'. 

RE: Staff application - Spectator - 01-12-2021

-1 Some of the answer in my opinion did not match up with the correct answer in my head, we've also got alot of EST staff.

RE: Staff application - Wish - 01-12-2021

-1 not written very well, looks effortless. Added some answers, fonted, and changed the color.

Staff application - Pendred - 01-20-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.