Diverge Networks
Yanik's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Yanik's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3401)

Yanik's Ban Appeal - best0222 - 04-02-2022

Your Name: best0222

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:100033746

Reason for ban: Being a minge, and attempted RDM.

Length of ban: 12 hours

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Dispute

Why should you be unbanned?
I believe I should be unbanned because this is my first offense on the server, and secondly the banning staff member is a complete moron. Pretty much, this entire shit show had started when I made a ticket, specifying for INFAMY to take it. My reason for this was because he PK'd my character a couple of days ago, and he had not given me a response to the reasoning behind it. He had finally texted me back, however he sent a video that wasn't even my character. With that being said, I saw in /ooc he was active on the server, so I simply wanted to talk to him about again, the reasoning to why my character was banned. Now, prior to this, me and my friend were simply fucking around in a hotel, and stole a car that was left unlocked. Meanwhile, INFAMY was in no-clip taking clips. Now, we didn't affect anyone's roleplay until we went to some sort of bar. We saw someone who was there acting as a bartender, and we proceeded to hit him. Now, I take full accountability for that. The way that happened was when my friend innitiated a fight, and had been blasted with a shotgun. I had retaliated, and fought back. Moving on to what happened when INFAMY took my ticket. Before I could even say anything, he TP'd me and my friend to the sit place (idfk what it's called), and then started rambling on how we were being minges, and how he had been spectating us for 20 minutes. Now, I was trying to talk to him, but he kept going on and on, going AFK to get timestamps, and simply not letting me speak. So, I made a couple jokes on how in those 20 minutes (was more like 8-10), he could of taken tickets, and checked his discord dm's. His counter to that was that he is not entitled to respond to someone, and it is up to his discretion if he wants to. UA seriously need to put this guy in his place. Who the fuck does he think he is? So whenever he overwatches/executed PK's, and the individual PK'd dm's him, I guess they have to wait several days because he's not entitled to respond to anybody. The funny thing about this, is that when INFAMY was showing me the receipts as to why my main character got PK'd, he banned me while I was looking at it because he thought he was funny. He could of easily given me a warning, and returned me and friend. And to the people who are saying, "12 hour ban bro, relax". It doesn't matter. INFAMY probably acts like this during sits all the time, giving people attitude, and immediately banning them. Staff are supposed to inform players of their wrongdoings, give them notes, and then at last resort ban them if they have a large PO/ or the offense itself is major.

After seeing this video that was posted by the banning staff member, it goes to show that this guy had no intent on warning us whatsover on our mingery, as he could of took us to a sit much earlier. He simply wanted to ban us, because he could. Staff power trip.

RE: Yanik's Ban Appeal - Infamy - 04-02-2022

You made a ticket for an explanation upon your PK yes. 

1. But as this was occurring not 30 second's beforehand. You were attempting to RDM a completely random person within **HIS building. And not only did I apologize for sending you the wrong reason, even afterward's I specified the exact reasoning on why you were PK'd but you continued to talk about it. You were banned for a completely fair reason, and it's justified. This incident being your first within the server doesn't cause you to be immune to being punished. 

2. Rules are rules. When you break them there can be consequences. If I were to be like, "Hey, I just witnessed them running into the bar and begin punching some guy for no reason. Let me just warn them" then it would've continued. You guys were messing around the server stealing cars-ramming people with cars and causing complete and utter chaos. If we were to allow everyone to be minges and mess around on the server then that would've been fine. 

3. But, you are also false in the sense about us using banning as a last resort. We are to ban if deemed necessary and when I watch you guy's messing around and acting a fool and showing no regard to any form of server nor killing rules. Then I believe it's justified. 

4. Your friend also has massive previous offenses for the content and reasoning behind his ban. Bringing him into any conversation will not assist nor prove either of your innocence

5. I think, I am Infamy. Not only do I not have to respond to your dm's, but you are not entitled to demand a response from me on discord. We have a perfect forum system for the exact reason, if you were to believe your PK was deemed faulty or if not reasonable then you may go to the character appeal forum. https://divergenet.works/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37

Clip's: 

https://youtu.be/vk0J7j6oZKM

RE: Yanik's Ban Appeal - best0222 - 04-02-2022

I am SO glad you know who you are! Should have included the fact that you are an absolute retard, but that's not the point I am trying to make here. I am unable to make a PK appeal if I do not know the reason, so that idiotic thing you said above is disregarded. Secondly, you never apologized for sending me the wrong video. What you did instead, was send me the receipts from the party who PK'd me (during the sit) and then you banned me while I was looking at it because you think you are edgy. You state "rules are rules". Understandable, and I completely agree with that. However, what you have demonstrated through the responses you made on my ban appeal, and Jorgen's, is that you may have some form of autism. You my friend, are the type of person to no-clip and spectate someone for 1 hour, bring them into a sit, and ban them for all of the rules they have broken. If that is normal for staff to do and accepted, that is very disturbing. Also, I never brought up my friend as an excuse for my actions. I was simply explaining what we did together, and what caused us to get banned. One more thing. If I had dm'd you, "Yo what's up bitch, wanna play some rocket league" yes, you do NOT have to respond to me. Who plays rocket league anyways? Gayest fucking game ever. Anyways, I was GOING to make a PK appeal, but I did not receieve the reason for it. But yeah, since the person who is the one who actually executed the PK is not entitled to answer a simple question, I can't make the PK appeal.

While this appeal may be percieved as only a dispute and just that, I apologize for my mingery, and me hitting someone which is ARDM I guess.

RE: Yanik's Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 04-03-2022

You can make a pk appeal regardless. Ironically not knowing the reason is a reason to appeal a pk.

Also your attempts at simply flaming him are immature at best and sporadically insane at worst. I advise taking on a thread with a more calm composure in the future.

User admits to wrong doing (I guess).

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules