Diverge Networks
Manvaro's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Manvaro's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3404)

Manvaro's Ban Appeal - Andrew900689 - 04-03-2022

Your Name: Manvaro

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:69256472

Reason for Ban: “Flag abuse | Threw a prop into a car which hit a group of people | LTAP | Loser”

Length of Ban: Originally one week then was changed to a permanent ban

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):

Both a dispute and an apology will be presented in this post. Firstly, I would like to apologize to the administrators who work tirelessly to facilitate the server and make sure that the advertised role play is not tainted with. There is no excuse for what I did on March 31, none whatsoever. 

The situation: I joined the Miami server to originally find a family and join them, as advertised within the genre of this server. Unfortunately, the server was depleted of its normal player count (~15 players). As a result, I could not find any family nor could I find anyone seriously roleplaying at that time. About 20 minutes later, I noticed the server was in its “minge-hour” stage. This is terminology used for most roleplay servers (typically serious servers) when the majority of the server deviates from standard roleplay to minge/screw around. I mistakenly and voluntarily took part in this toxic behavior. Overtime, the server became chaotic: players were car rdming, breaking fearrp, and outright rdming. For context, the majority of the mingy behavior was consolidated near the hospital, which is where I was ultimately banned for one week.

How I got banned: To clarify, the following statements are not an attempt to justify my actions, I fully understand what I did and I am willing to serve an appropriate sentence for the described actions. I spawned a prop (possibly a stove or a desk) and pushed a car which consequently landed in a group of people nearby. Truthfully, I did not intend for the car to be pushed into the crowd of people, it was a complete accident. Nonetheless, I deserved to be banned for such an egregious attack on the community.

The aftermath: As a result of the damage, I voluntarily left to avoid questioning. I knew I messed up, and there was nothing I could say that would’ve inevitably altered the previous actions committed. For that, I apologize.

Why should you be unbanned?

The original length of my ban was one week, but then was mysteriously changed to a permanent ban. As a result, I contacted the administrator who initially banned me for a week (Somespy) to find out why he extended the ban. Shockingly, he denies ever extending my ban. With that information, I contacted a community manager. The community manager informed me that there are no logs for ban extensions.

I am willing to wait out a finite sentence for my only second offense on this server. But this permanent ban seems a bit harsh, with all due respect. Moreover, I am still unaware of the administrator who ultimately extended my ban. If that administrator is reading this post, I want to apologize for any inconvenience I caused to warrant a permanent ban from this server. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

I do not have any video recordings of my prop abuse, but if the original administrator (Somespy) has any evidence of me prop abusing, that can certainly legitimatize the actions I committed to get myself banned in the first place. To clarify, I am NOT disputing the original one week ban, I am disputing and trying to figure out why the ban was extended permanently. I take full responsibility for the damages I caused with my flags.

RE: Manvaro's Ban Appeal - Kelestra - 04-03-2022

The incident didn’t occur as to how you have described it here.
Terrible appeal full of contradictions and episodes of both downplaying and exaggerating what happened.

> “Unfortunately, the server was depleted of its normal player count (~15 players).”

At the time of the incident the Miami server had 58 players on. This is an indisputable fact.

While you were in the 7/12 hospital area, you were heard saying constantly about how the entire server must be in this one area. (Acknowledging that a significant group of people were there)
Approximately 15-25 players were in the 7/12, PD, Hospital area. With the remainder scattered throughout the map.

You repeatedly would state about the player count over mic to no reply.

It is my belief that you were confusing two similar servers. Diverge New York which menu (yet to refresh) indicated had the 15 - 20 players you kept talking about.

The server was not at all in ‘minge hour’ as you stated. PD was responding to a 9/11 call about a robbery at the 7/12 and that incident led to a lot of activity in the area.

> “ There is no excuse for what I did on March 31, none whatsoever.”

I agree with the above statement. What I don’t agree with is how you then try and create excuses in your appeal.

> “ I did not intend for the car to be pushed into the crowd of people, it was a complete accident. Nonetheless, I deserved to be banned for such an egregious attack on the community.”

This lie in itself lends itself to justify the ‘looser’ reason given on your permanent ban. You had spawned many desks and props before the incident, and clearly, intentional and deliberately hit a vehicle to cause death to a significant number of people.

https://streamable.com/0z3zqq

I’ve concluded that you’ve done this on purpose because you mistakenly thought the entire server was in this one area ‘minging’. And thought it would be funny to ‘kill the entire server’
Your actions showed a complete lack of awareness of the actual reality of the server at that time.

I would suggest that the ban reason be amended from ‘Loser’ to ‘Idiot’ and this appeal subsequently denied.

RE: Manvaro's Ban Appeal - Andrew900689 - 04-04-2022

“At the time of the incident the Miami server had 58 players on. This is an indisputable fact.”

I say 15-20 at best, you say 58. Unless either of us has any evidence to prove those claims, it’s your word against mine.

“Approximately 15-25 players were in the 7/12, PD, Hospital area. With the remainder scattered throughout the map.”

I think this is a huge stretch. From my perspective, the Gas Station area seemed to only contain ~10 people. Again, if you have evidence for the 58 player count claim, please present that.

“You repeatedly would state about the player count over mic to no reply.”

This is correct. I was surprised at the low player count, considering the server’s normal population.

“It is my belief that you were confusing two similar servers. Diverge New York which menu (yet to refresh) indicated had the 15 - 20 players you kept talking about.”

See above.

“The server was not at all in ‘minge hour’ as you stated. PD was responding to a 9/11 call about a robbery at the 7/12 and that incident led to a lot of activity in the area.”

In the video you posted, it was clear that there wasn’t any meaningful RP going on. From my perspective, prior to the incident, people were punching each other/RDMing and the police were mostly complacent unless directly shot at. The overall state of the server was chaotic, especially with only one staff member being on at the time. Again, it's your word against mine.

“I agree with the above statement. What I don’t agree with is how you then try and create excuses in your appeal.”

I fully acknowledge what I did was wrong and harmful for the server.

“This lie in itself lends itself to justify the ‘looser’ reason given on your permanent ban. You had spawned many desks and props before the incident, and clearly, intentional and deliberately hit a vehicle to cause death to a significant number of people.”

Regardless of whether this was an accident or not, I made a mistake, and take full responsibility for my actions. However, I feel as though a permanent ban is a bit harsh. My only other incident on the server was a 12-hour ban from over a month ago.

“I’ve concluded that you’ve done this on purpose because you mistakenly thought the entire server was in this one area ‘minging’. And thought it would be funny to ‘kill the entire server’ Your actions showed a complete lack of awareness of the actual reality of the server at that time.”

Again, to prove that my actions were premeditated is impossible without evidence. If you have evidence of me planning this attack, then please present it. It was an accident, but I understand that this doesn’t change the outcome of the malicious actions I committed.

Manvaro's Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 04-06-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 Month.