Diverge Networks
The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. (/showthread.php?tid=3467)

The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - dandead10 - 04-09-2022

Feel free to add thoughts.

One of the main issues with economy, is as it is, there is only so much that can be bought. Not counting what's at auction, it falls down to guns, drugs, and cars. Maybe legal services if any of them were still relevant nowadays. Which they typically aren't.

If you'd like to get people to spend money, I'd recommend allowing a faction to have a certain amount of "slots" or such within their gun racket in order to purchase new items, or gradually build upon a racket. Perhaps with some additional content added over time in order to incentivize people to add or remove items within those limited slots. This creates a gun economy with little overlap of weaponry, at least assuming people have a diverse net of which to add or remove weapons from time to time. This also forces more people to interact with more factions to get certain equipment.

For good roleplay, perhaps add an additional slot for an item to be added, or items that might not be weapons or drugs, but just interesting things inside. It would help a lot I imagine for many small things to contribute to an expansive roleplay experience.

It frankly doesn't matter how much you nerf interest. You nerfing it only hurts new players. The ones who grinded it in the past were those that were so exorbitantly rich from the start that it didn't even matter.

It doesn't matter what you do, under the assumption money isn't spent in the economy. Solutions would be to add not just new things to purchase, but instead also more things in addition to old items.

Frankly, I've been wanting to see the availability of adding to gun rackets for a while now, namely because it's very evident some groups have gotten better draws of weapons than others. Ones that others aren't even inherently using, that could be better utilized. When I want to add more weapons or swap them out in my racket, I'm often told, "Oh, you can in a while, a while, a while." I'd like to see it actually happen.

There's a lot to talk about, lots of thoughts in my head about improvement from the 7k some hours I've spent here, but I'll start with this point. I'd like to see what some people's thoughts are.

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Chad - 04-09-2022

"7,000 hours" all not afked

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - 260RSedy - 04-09-2022

"It frankly doesn't matter how much you nerf interest. You nerfing it only hurts new players." Like any new players even know it exists, and every time I saw you ingame back then was you sitting outside your building next to an ATM.

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - RickJak - 04-09-2022

Here's something to add to what Dan has said, the gun economy in general, is so entirely fucked that the only thing people really buy is pistols and the occasional shotgun. No one knows what the prices of weapons are anymore, no one knows how to set a decent price for all to enjoy, and it's been a damn month since the weapon pack switch, of which people lost a lot of damn cash in attachments (Myself included). Though getting back onto topic, an idea to fix and/or just make an interesting change, lower the prices of most gun shipments, but at the same time, have something like, 'buy an AK-47 shipment from your NPC for say around 9-11k, shipment is ready, it's only one gun.' What I'm trying to say, is to reduce the amount of guns able to be put into the economy at once. So if some dude walks into a gun shop and asks for a fuck ton of assault rifles, SMGs, whatever, it takes time. possibly increasing the amount of RP needed to get this kinda shit, Heavy hardware should take more time to get, not spend 4 hours grinding up some cash just to purchase a shitty rifle that you die with in the next 20 minutes cause some asshole decides to shoot and/or mug your ass.

Adding onto the suggestion, pistol shipments should really be the only one that comes with more than one of itself, whether it's two or three of them. Pistols are cheap and replaceable, losing a 30k assault rifle isn't. I don't know enough about the guns to give pricing suggestions, but perhaps someone with more knowledge could decent advice on how to achieve what I think is a good idea. Also, if you reason that the prices are set higher because of the possible attachments, perhaps just remove most of them, or put an area where you need to go to in order to equip new attachments, Civilian NPCs for decently cheap and most likely worse attachments, or a black market dealer on the barge or in the sewers to give higher prices for better attachments. I'm not saying to get the attachment thing back to the way it was originally for this idea to work, just to put little zones around the NPC to customize your gun.

But hey, I don't know much about coding myself, I hope you consider these suggestions along with Mister Dan's as well.

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Macho_man270 - 04-10-2022

grinding interest provides no rp. they could ass more cosmetics or perhaps a paintings you can buy

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Lorenzo_Dimeo - 04-13-2022

(04-09-2022, 11:04 PM)260RSedy Wrote: "It frankly doesn't matter how much you nerf interest. You nerfing it only hurts new players." Like any new players even know it exists, and every time I saw you ingame back then was you sitting outside your building next to an ATM.

Whats wrong with bank interest? You dont like money?

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Smurf - 04-13-2022

"It frankly doesn't matter how much you nerf interest. You nerfing it only hurts new players." Like any new players even know it exists, and every time I saw you ingame back then was you sitting outside your building next to an ATM.

Sounds like your just broke

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Gr1m - 04-13-2022

Everyone has too much money for any RP to ever happen like wars, gang shootouts, and even restaurant RP. Everyone on the server is too scared to do literally anything, avoiding any little bit of conflict by any means necessary just to make the number in their atm grow, for good reason. It takes a lot of invested time to get where they are now but what's the point of having all that money if you never use it besides flexing your little willy to other rich people. I have a fair amount of money and find myself bored and wondering what's next besides clicking on shipments or playing blackjack over and over again. The server needs a wipe. Should've been wiped when Miami came out or had its own separate economy. Adding more things to buy won't do anything but inflate the economy more.

RE: The Economy Problem: Veteran Member. - Lorenzo_Dimeo - 04-15-2022

(04-13-2022, 12:42 PM)Gr1m Wrote: Everyone has too much money for any RP to ever happen like wars, gang shootouts, and even restaurant RP. Everyone on the server is too scared to do literally anything, avoiding any little bit of conflict by any means necessary just to make the number in their atm grow, for good reason. It takes a lot of invested time to get where they are now but what's the point of having all that money if you never use it besides flexing your little willy to other rich people. I have a fair amount of money and find myself bored and wondering what's next besides clicking on shipments or playing blackjack over and over again. The server needs a wipe. Should've been wiped when Miami came out or had its own separate economy. Adding more things to buy won't do anything but inflate the economy more.

Im broke. If you want a grind, give me all your money. Ill happily take it and you get the wipe you want. Win win.