Diverge Networks
Drug Enforcement Agency application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Drug Enforcement Agency application (/showthread.php?tid=349)

Drug Enforcement Agency application - Malone - 01-05-2021

Name of Faction: DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency)

Number of Members(Minimum of 5): N/A If accepted I'll recruit members (However several federal and local officers have said it'd be a good idea and support it)

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Federal Agency 

Your Discord # (ex: Calloway#4110): Malone #3792

Organization Backstory (Min. of 150+ Words): 
(The backstory will contain both real life and server lore)

The D.E.A was formed on July 1st 1971. The DEA's goals are to stop any and all drug trafficking and distribution in the United States. The DEA is a Federal Organisation tasked with combating the distribution of drugs due to a large rise of violence in New York 85' over drugs the DEA was tasked with combating the distribution of drugs in New York. The DEA was focusing on the South-Americas in the 70's-early 80's. However due to Pablo Escobar's death 1983 the DEA's operations has moved more domestically to combat domestic drug distribution in America. The growing death toll of drug usage in New York has caught the DEA's attention and they have sent several agents to New York to combat their growing drug epidemic. With the downfall of the FBI in New York the DEA felt it appropriate with the amount of drug related deaths and violence over drugs the DEA moved into New York.

With the death of the FBI I feel a new federal agency would be appropriate to move in to New York. As an ATF agent I've now seen a massive amount of drugs on the streets. The ATF and NYPD are capable of for filling this role however a dedicated agency working round the clock to bring down drug operations will have a direct effect on the drug distribution. Many families are gaining massive amounts of power and money through drugs and other agencies aren't denting their profits by a margin. The DEA would only work on taking down drug operations in New York where as the ATF and NYPD work on taking down firearms and petty crimes the DEA would work in unison with the ATF & NYPD in drug raids. The point of splitting up the PD will come up with the player base however I'd bring up the point of the countless crime families. 3 law enforcement options can have people choose what line of work they want to go down and what specific people they want to go after. This structure will be helpful instead of leaving the NYPD to do everything 3 agencies would fit the state of New York and it's crime problems. DEA: Drugs ATF: Firearms NYPD: Petty crime. The FBI was a useless organisation in the police not only was they highly corrupt they really served no specific purpose. People may say the same for the DEA which is a fair opinion however if we have 3 groups targeting 3 specific rackets it'll boost RP and combat interaction between the PD and crime families on a larger scale allowing space for new events and more RP. Not everyone is on Mafia RP to be the big bad guy, I feel if we have options for newer/older players in the PD more people would come to the PD and have a better experience rather than just tazing minges and getting bored. 

The DEA offers a heavy roleplay environment we'll focus on heavy roleplay situations with passive roleplay interactions as well as combat RP taking the form of sting operations and drug raids against large drug families, this would be a good place for joint department operations and even larger scale events in the place of large gun battles. The crime families have seen nothing but immunity when it comes to making money on the server we should finally start giving them something to fear and not just let the run New York. 

In a final summery the DEA will focus on the drug crimes in New York we'll work with the NYPD and ATF on conducting raids on crime families who go untouched on a daily basis being able to basically print money.

NOTE: I'm expecting there to be backlash to this idea not everyone wants the PD to have depth and they want it to just be a NYPD only ran state. For the people who want more police RP I wish to offer a serious roleplay environment taking down the main funds of drug families on the server it'll be a fun organisation as well as a serious one as stated before. In this application there's a lot of waffle however my point is clear DEA should be on the server.

RE: Drug Enforcement Agency application - Santa - 01-05-2021

+1 i will definitely join this, and it is well made, seems like a good idea

RE: Drug Enforcement Agency application - Grant - 01-15-2021

+1
Man has put in alot of effort and it can be assumed he will put in more

RE: Drug Enforcement Agency application - Calloway - 01-21-2021

Unfortunately, your application has been DENIED. Your faction application, or description did not fit our criteria. You may re-apply the next time we open up faction applications again.