Diverge Networks
Innovative Idea/Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Innovative Idea/Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=3495)

Innovative Idea/Suggestion - GrizzlyBread - 04-12-2022

ROLE PLAY - CONCEPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCEPT SUMMARY

I'd like to propose a few concepts for the Mafia RP server which I believe will promote effective communication between players and encourage creativity among serious and casual role-players. As a dedicated player to Mafia RP since 2020 I've had positive and negative experiences on the server. The negatives aspects being the loopholes in role-play, gameplay that affects the immersion of the players narrative. I hope to mitigate these loopholes by influencing positive role-play experience with some unique concepts that I conceptualised. 

• PLAYER ICONS  Firstly, I believe we should add an icon above players heads that clearly display that they are in character and open to role-play properly with anyone on the server. This feature benefits players who are currently in character because it allows them to immerse themselves with other active role-players in their narrative. I believe this feature mitigates the loopholes in Mafia RP as the icons can be used as a tool of communication between players by activating or deactivating your icon. There are reasonable instances where players may break immersion such as; mildly mingging, decorating, grinding, or talking in OOC (Out of Character) etc. Things that are essentially NOT following a proper narrative. But, this doesn't necessarily mean role-players without an icon are immune to muggings, arrest or being interacted with in general (etc). This feature is simply to specify that you are properly role playing for immersion sake. 

• JOURNALS Another concept I'd like to propose is character journals which can be interacted with by other players. The journal is a feature that players can write about their characters background so you and other players can have a better understanding of each other. In your journal you can provide details about;
  • your character before it was created   
  • Current details about your character living in Union city 
  • Other creative details.
    Be advised that journals are only meant for role-play purposes and not to be used for meta gaming. So, you can not use a players journal as reference to discriminate them based on the contents of their journal.       

If I must mention, I'd recommend regulating the rules that make Icons as important as the current existing feature; Character Description. I believe journals should be added for serious role players and optional for those who are casual role-players.

I hope the diverge network developers consider these concept or even make their own adaptation of these ideas. I believe these potential features will encourage creativity among the Mafia RP player base.  

Thank you, for reading.

RE: Innovative Idea/Suggestion - Pendred - 04-12-2022

Roleplay is in effect 24/7... there's no such thing as OOC in voice, that's a form of FailRP. The only time something is considered OOC is in an admin sit or in /ooc and /looc.

RE: Innovative Idea/Suggestion - GrizzlyBread - 04-12-2022

(04-12-2022, 10:46 AM)Pendred Wrote: Roleplay is in effect 24/7... there's no such thing as OOC in voice, that's a form of FailRP. The only time something is considered OOC is in an admin sit or in /ooc and /looc.
I disagree that Roleplay is in effect 24/7. There is always mild mingging during certain hours. So, the role-play pool is limited to a small amount of people. 

But, besides from that concept what do you think about the journals?