Diverge Networks
Grim's staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Grim's staff application (/showthread.php?tid=3508)

Pages: 1 2

Grim's staff application - Gr1m - 04-14-2022

In-Game Name(s): Shek Wang Sui, Commerce Commission Inspector Harlod Ballmer
Steam Name: shui
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/8476293493/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:88087014
Discord Username: Grim#4370
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 5h 50m
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): Miami
Time Zone: HKT
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-6 hours a day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes. Even with my time zone, I will be able to make the meetings.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, I've been an admin on many HL2RP nutscript servers.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
What is your motivation/reason for applying?: Well, for starters I would like to acknowledge some of my flaws. I know I have not been involved with this community long, nor am I best friends with everyone that will end up commenting on this application. I am sure there are those of you out there who may have had a “bad” experience with me too. All that being said I believe I should be an admin because despite those flaws I think I can be a very useful and integral part of the community. I have been giving a lot of time to this community despite being relatively new to it. In certain time zones, I see a lack of staff when there are issues that need to be addressed on the server and I believe I can be a help. I have a plethora of experience being in an administrative position and I am a pretty quick learner/adapter.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I do love this server and the people in it. It has been a long time since I have found a gmod community that reminds me of the "good ole days" and one that I want to dedicate my time to. I have a genuine dedication to this server and want to help it in any way I can, OOC or in RP. I have a lot of admin experience on HL2RP servers and other serious RP servers using game modes like PERP, Clockwork, and Nutscript which would be beneficial to the staff team as personally, I see a lot of inexperience in the admin situations I am a part of.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Argon HL2RP (Admin), Icefuse (Admin), LemonPunch (mod), Everest RP (Super Admin), Santos RP (Mod), Imperial Community (Super Admin), ChronetRP (Mod- Very short tenure) 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I was banned for RDM for one day, and my ban appeal was accepted. I personally think the ban was a bit excessive, and I have since apologized for my actions that day.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would like to think I'm known in the community. I represent the Red Dragons org well and try to participate in as much roleplay as I see possible. I love this server and wish to help its growth to new levels in any way possible within the community.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Infamy, DaSchmeeze
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If there were no other staff on to accept my ticket, I would use the evidence I took to make a ban request on the forums.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: First, I would talk to the admin over discord and discuss their behavior and try to come to a diplomatic solution. If that doesn't happen, and the behavior continues, I would bring the issue to UA.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed to know this can affect your friendship with them?: My friendship with them would not affect the situation. I would deal with them as any other player on the server without bias.

RE: Grim's staff application - Canadian-bacon - 04-14-2022

Chronet Roleplay - (3 perma bans)

RE: Grim's staff application - Gr1m - 04-14-2022

(04-14-2022, 09:57 PM)Gr1m Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 09:43 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Chronet Roleplay - (3 perma bans)
Yes, years before I was made mod I was perma banned 3 separate time for mass RDM with a C4 device that would kill everyone in an 100m radius. I was forgiven and unbanned multiple times by the server owner "Simple".

RE: Grim's staff application - DaSchmeeze - 04-14-2022

+1 Super active on the server and has a unique time zone to help contribute during hours where staff are inactive.

RE: Grim's staff application - Dong - 04-14-2022

+1

Good role player and is very active, seems like he has put effort into the app. Deserves a chance on the staff team.

RE: Grim's staff application - Infamy - 04-14-2022

+1

Grim is very competent from what I have seen as of meeting him almost a month ago. I believe grim could do superior work while on this staff team.

Very respectful, Timezone difference, Clean Record, Decent playtime, Pretty active.

RE: Grim's staff application - wavychato - 04-15-2022

+1
i like this guy he has great rp would make a great admin

RE: Grim's staff application - Canadian-bacon - 04-15-2022

(04-14-2022, 09:43 PM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: Chronet Roleplay - (3 perma bans)
Yes, years before I was made mod I was perma banned 3 separate time for mass RDM with a C4 device that would kill everyone in an 100m radius. I was forgiven and unbanned multiple times by the server owner "Simple".

Was this C4 put on an individual at town hall? Someone 'bates'? Or am i thinking of something else

RE: Grim's staff application - Moneykxe - 04-15-2022

Nigga put the c4 on me and i blew up half the server, smokin that nigger pack

RE: Grim's staff application - Gr1m - 04-15-2022

No, that was Sage Ronson. I blew up a My Little Pony play when I was like 14. I have since grown and matured.