Diverge Networks
Dong's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Dong's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3669)

Pages: 1 2

Dong's Staff Application - Dong - 05-07-2022

In-Game Name(s):  Wu Dong, Fernando Morales, Snoop Tyrone #568, Demarcus Tyrone #238, ADA Malcolm Tyrone

Steam Name: DONG

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198173597854/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:106666063

Discord Username: DONG#0420

Total playtime on our Servers: 4 Weeks 20 Hours (At the time the application was posted)

Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York

Time Zone: GMT

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I get back from work at 4pm GMT, so from anywhere between 3-6 hours but could be more depending on the day.

Have you read the rules?: Yes, many times.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, of course.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, more familiar with Nutscript than SAM.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------

Long Answer

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: 

I have been playing on the server for a few months now and the number of minges on at peak times is way to many, although it makes for good RP when it comes to events it is also not ok to break the rules whilst doing this. If I was on the staff team I would try to educate some of these players that want to take the time to read over the rules and understand the mistakes they made so that they don't do it again. Sometimes when playing on the server being the GMT time zone there is zero staff online, if I was part of the staff team I would try to avoid this happening for other players. I would also try to cut down the time people have to wait for simple tickets at peak times such as RDM or LTAP when other members of staff want to play on their other characters. By doing this it will avoid the original problems from escalating further into something worse. 

To be honest my main motivation for applying is to improve the community in anyway I can

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:

I should be considered over other candidates because I go into every situation neutral. I would always hear both sides of the story before I take any action to avoid silly mistakes being made. I'm also willing to learn new things and better other peoples RP experience along the way. I consider myself a quick learner and can take in a lot of information at once. I also stay calm in stressful situations and take my time when making a decision, this allows me to avoid making mistakes. I would also like one day to apply to become a GM as it sounds interesting and is another way to improve other players roleplay experience.

I have spent all of my time on the server so far role playing and now want to take to the next levelI really enjoy playing this server and have dedicated a decent amount of time and would like to invest more time into the staff team and improving the community.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):

I have previously staffed on a Dark RP server prior to applying. I was a Moderator on Ethereal Gaming for approximately 3-6 months. I understand staffing on Dark RP servers are a completely different ball game but I understand the procedure of taking tickets and being on a staff team. During the time I was staff on this servers I understood and learnt how to take tickets, deal with minges and improve other players RP experience when playing on the sever. I'm always willing to learn new things as Diverge will work differently to the server I was previously staff on.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers?

If so, why?: Middle man when item transferring (2H) | RDM (8H) | These bans were months ago and have since learned from them.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:

My characters are within Government RP, Criminal RP and Police RP and whilst playing on Diverge have gotten to know a fair amount of people, I wouldn't say I'm very well known but with the people I have interacted with me on the server I hope I have improved their RP experience. I now want to help improve the community by investing time into becoming part of the staff team. 
I consider myself a chill guy who just wants to play a video game and have fun whilst playing it. I hope everyone who I have played with on the server so far thinks the same.

Have any staff members recommended you? 

If so, list their names: Infamy, Grim, Yung, Sammy

Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

If someone was to blatantly RDM in front of me, I would take a clip of the entire altercation as it may be needed as evidence later down the line. I would then take this to an On-Duty member of staff and explain my point of view of the situation. Then would leave it for the On-Duty member of staff for them to take action.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

Simply take a clip or multiple if need be of the staff member abusing, take it to UA and explain my point of view and leave it for UA to take action. Then continue staffing if I was on duty. If the abuse continues as there is no UA online I would collect as much evidence as possible and create a staff report.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
First I would collect as much evidence as possible of them breaking rules, then would treat them the exact same as any other player as although they're my friend it doesn't mean they wont be punished for breaking the rules. It is very important not to be biased in any staff situation as it may affect the victims RP experience. If your friend has been breaking rules for over an hour and not been caught by another member of staff then they deserve the punishment that is valid for the situation. They are breaking the rules which they know are there for a reason so it doesn't make them any different to another player just because of them being your friend. If they want to allow this to affect your friendship then they simply need to grow up. 

Thankyou for taking the time to read the application.

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Alex Carvetelo - 05-07-2022

Major +1. Can be a great and usefull addition to staff. Also a pretty good roleplayer which know the rules.

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Gr1m - 05-07-2022

+1, great roleplayer, good head on his shoulders would make a wonderful staff member (-1 chelsea fan).

RE: Dong's Staff Application - i dont know what to call this - 05-07-2022

+1 i roleplay with him all the time, he isnt a minge and hes trustworthy

RE: Dong's Staff Application - James - 05-07-2022

Cool man would make a good staff member

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Sammy - 05-07-2022

+1 very competent and he knows the rules.

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Blankdude - 05-07-2022

+1 Good Guy. Decent RPer. Hopefully will be able to deal with the minges.

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Chad - 05-07-2022

+1 very fit for staff and is a amazing roleplayer

RE: Dong's Staff Application - Jack Dent - 05-07-2022

+1 Good man perfect for the job

RE: Dong's Staff Application - amongstus43 - 05-07-2022

+1 killed colombos with me