Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3711)

Ban Appeal - METHgethighandkillgod420 - 05-14-2022

Your Name: Mikey

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:146400794

Reason for ban: RDM|NITRP

Length of ban: 1 day

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Bit of a dispute, with an apology

Why should you be unbanned? I had joined in on a hectic situation at the PD on the New York map. It was rather early in the morning, and I had been on the server for about eight hours and probably more, prior to the map change.  With only a single PD character on, two other people and later myself were attempting to roam about and remain inside the building. Before I arrived, it had been a game of the same PD character and the civilians fighting each-other, with the PD character dying numerous times over. I personally had killed him once before via melee with the other civilian characters nearby when shooting rung out between him and a civilian, and about ten minutes or more later when he was elsewhere in the PD with NLR, entering the PD. As I entered with the other civilian characters he tased me in particular so I quickly reacted and shot at him with my shotgun to avoid being detained.

I do not believe this was RDM, and if one could have seen the situation and the situations prior as sort of spawn camping, it was mutual between him and the other chars present before I arrived, and less on my part personally. I also dispute the NITRP addition regarding the ban, as I had been on the server with a long chain of consistent RP that day, and I believe my actions were within the realm of RP and befitting the nature of my character. Regarding the situation with the PD character, I had only killed him twice, and with a quantity of time between the two incidents, neither of which I initiated violently. Another civilian for example killed the officer around four times over to my knowledge, and the officer kept returning to the front doors arguably disregarding NLR to baton and taser at all of us inside and outside. I take it that all parties involved would be warned, especially warned after the situation had unraveled twice or thrice over, which hadn't happened at all, and to my knowledge as of now (8:25 am est) I was the only person to receive a ban despite arguably both being justified and I myself not having the most amount of kills in the situation and I was not given a warning about camping in the PD or anything alike prior to the last incident leading up to my ban.

I have been an active player on the server, (since February of 2022 with four weeks and counting) and this is my first ban to date. Seldom do situations get so hectic but I take my responsibility for letting it get slightly out of control and approaching a situation where conflict was obviously going to brew. I apologize for my ill behavior, and specifically to the person behind the character (Cadet Ellis Russell) for having to put up with the barrage of us standing against him, and I am sorry for disrupting the serious and more mellow angle of roleplay which he was probably aiming for this night/morning. I am ashamed to have gone into a relatively stupid situation in hindsight, tarnishing my record on this server. I would like to vow to not make the same mistake again, and resume my streak on the server that I had came to enjoy above all others. Thanks.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): None

RE: Ban Appeal - Gr1m - 05-14-2022

I feel the ban was justified though I do believe you are sincere in this apology and wouldn't mind you being unbanned.

Ban Appeal - Vex - 05-14-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be lifted from your account shortly.