Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3718)

PK Appeal - Dom Battiato - 05-15-2022

Name of Character: Bruno "Black Eye" Nucci

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:174249158

Date of PK: 5/15/1986

Reason for PK: Cop killed me after hitting him with a bat (non-lethal weapon).

Why should you be unPK'd?: I feel it was unjust to get PK'd for a few reasons. One, hitting a cop with a bat is not a deadly weapon that should put me as far as a PK, if it was an axe or something that realistically does lethal damage, then that should be grounds for PK active. Two, the rule clearly states shooting or stabbing and I did neither. I hit him. Three, I don't know if this counts, but he also threatened to kill me and made no effort to arrest me. He just walked off. Lastly, in the PK guidelines, it states that a shootout must occur for the PK to actually take place. I had no chance against his rifle with a bat. In the clip, you can hear me say that I am willing to lose my life, I thought he meant just killing me, not a PK. That's why I continued to hit him with the non-lethal weapon. The clip is provided below.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/l33mwa4hlkoXc/d1337s4tSWub?invite=cr-MSxUUzcsNDU3MjYxNDMs

RE: PK Appeal - Smurf - 05-15-2022

-1 . I was the officer who put you down. I have seen you before and you had also ran me over before that and ran from police. Not including you hitting me INSIDE OF PD and then running. And then while AT GUNPOINT you went and hit me again. Bats do good damage and can kill fairly quick , you broke fear rp and also just attacking cops in general can result in a pk. You deserve to be pked and should stay

Adding onto what I said. You then were planning on killing me with the bat by still hitting me even while I shot at you.

RE: PK Appeal - Dom Battiato - 05-15-2022

I had no intention of killing you, I had stopped as you saw and you went full blast on me. Because, again, I stood no chance against your rifle meaning my success rate is below 10 percent making a PK unjustified.

It was a pistol not a rifle, the clip you showed. Literelly shows you hitting me while I’m shooting

When I hit you again in the parking space, that was because you got real close to me and wanted you to back up a little, then I stopped. Then, you shot at me and I went right back to hitting you as there was no chance that you would stop shooting me. Not to mention, the weapon I used, did not stab you or shoot you in any way. It was a hit.

Also, if you analyze the video frame by frame, there is proof that the bat does not do that much damage. I hit you three times and you did not make it to the "Seems injured". That alone shows that the bat didn't do much damage to you at all. Making the bat a non-lethal weapon. If I had hit you with an axe or something that is realistically lethal, then a PK would have been justified.

For example, If I had used something as simple as a shiv, that would cause three times the damage as a bat. That would be justifiable.

Personally if I was an officer and a man ran at me attempting to bash my skull in with a bat and isn’t stopping, whilst having my gun out, I would fire it and most people would. Your reasoning for not doing much damage was mostly my Kevlar, if I’m correct it’s 3-4 hits with a bat w/o Kevlar

Also, I did not attempt to "bash your skull", There are two ways to use the bat. Right-click or left-click. Right-click goes up and down. Left-click goes for the side. I don't know if there is a difference. But assuming so, I did the left-click.

Also, I did back away from you, then you shoved a gun in my face and got real close, I hit you to get you to back up, then you fired your gun, so I continued to hit you.

RE: PK Appeal - ZOOMER - 05-15-2022

Hello, from the video that you've provided, the guideline regarding dying from initiating a gunfight with law enforcement personnel seems to be mostly valid

When the officer came with his pistol out with the attempt to arrest you, you've assaulted him with the same baseball bat with that you've hit him with previously. In this instance, the officer has every right to brandish his pistol in order to arrest you due to you previously assaulting him with a baseball bat, and has proven to be quite lenient for not immediately arresting you on the spot when you first hit him. Whether or not the NYPD's SOP guidelines specifically outlines the need to brandish out a gun or not during interactions like these is beyond me, and does not effect the server rules in any way.

For full context regarding related PK guidelines, feel free to check out the PK guidelines page.

Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly via Discord <3.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.