Diverge Networks
Strys Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Strys Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=3726)

Strys Staff Application - Stry - 05-15-2022

In-Game Name(s): Tyler Bak Thomas Uli Ben Violtic
Steam Name: The1stryguy
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198836944870/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:438339571
Discord Username: Stry#2114
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 week 3 days 15 hours
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York
Time Zone: PST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-4 hours daily (on average)
Have you read the rules?: yes
Do you have a working microphone?: yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: no
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I have been a little bit annoyed with the activity of moderators in the mornings and nights when I am on most of the time I feel that others might have the same issues. I have put many hours into this server in the past month and a half and I would like to attempt to make an impact. I have seen some of the good hard work some of you all do and I would enjoy doing the same. I mainly just want the server to become more RP and have fun rather than bitching and complaining as it is now
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I personally feel that other candidates have less motivation to help the server out and or fix any issues they have noticed. I also put many hours into things I enjoy and I like to put my time into things more than I think other people do. Also, I think I learn faster than other people can by just watching and learning which I hope I can do. I also would like to help make better events so the PD and players stop bitching about shitty events happening.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where what position and how long): NA
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: the only time was a mistake.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I think with the members I have met and talked to I've made it fun for them and other around. I have bought an extra character slot just so I could meet some more people in other crime families to expand my knowledge of how the community plays the game.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: NA
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would call an admin on that character and have a 3rd party try and help with the situation and find the right punishment instead of using the anger or feelings as a way to ban them for an unrightfully large punishment.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would contact a higher position than mine to get them to watch for themselves and give them some evidence I have so we can get the issue sorted out.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would talk to them personally to stop it otherwise ill ban them and the next ticket I get about them I would 1. get them sorted out in the sit and 2. I would give them the correct punishment for the other tickets and talk to them 1 on 1 later about what they did.

RE: Strys Staff Application - Smurf - 05-15-2022

+1 I’ve had good experiences with this guy. Very active as well

RE: Strys Staff Application - Alex Carvetelo - 05-17-2022

-1 I feel like you didn't fully understand a mod duty.
Your "1st motivation" is to become staff because for you the current staff are not active enough on your timezone, i don't think thats a good motivation to be honest. It's like saying you will deal with your sit and other staff are bad in a way.

I also believe the fact you are 15yrs old is making an impact on your app. Don't get me wrong young guy can be more mature then 40yrs old father but i saw you in-game and it was 50/50.

With more time on the server it would be a +1 because i know you can be mature enough if you decide to.

Strys Staff Application - Pendred - 05-30-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.