Diverge Networks
More Concealable Firearms! - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Thread: More Concealable Firearms! (/showthread.php?tid=3779)

More Concealable Firearms! - bioswales - 05-24-2022

Hi!

Been here before- but Today I wanted to bring up a few weapons I feel should be made concealable but are not presently concealable.
I wouldn't argue that this is a complete list and will happily take input or ideas in the replies. It is only meant to be an idea given the other weapons that are presently in the server.
Thanks for your time in advance!

I will try to include a few pictures just to kind of help break it down a bit easier- hopefully to make things easier.
Of the weapons presented there is the MPL and the Uzi. These are concealable weapons which I will be using as a precedent/reasoning for the others.

On the MPL the entire unit is solid and cannot be collapsed further beyond the removal of the magazine. However it can fit on the person compactly enough to be concealed.
The Uzi is on a similar page as the MPL. Much of the weapon cannot be collapsed- however it differs in its ability to be modified in to 'Mini' and 'Micro' forms.

However; I do have a few weapons that I believe have the potential to be concealing- some more-so than others.

1. Spectre M4 - This weapon has a collapsible/removable stock that allows for the weapon to be comparable to the size of the MPL/Uzi. The only quarrel with its concealment would (in my opinion) be the abstract shape of the weapon which would make it otherwise lumpy and uncomfortable on the person.

2. Skorpion vz. 65 - N/A. I thought this one was not abled to be concealed. I asked a friend who owned one and was proven wrong. This was probably an easy decision to make.

3. OTs-02 Kiparis - I didn't realize this didn't exist yet. Next.

4. Ithaca 37 Stakeout - Hear me out on this one. It is obviously longer than the others on this list but its slender shape would make it easily concealable in any normal coat jacket or top worn clothing. It would also give some diversity to the types of weapons a person should be concerned about hen confronting others/allowing weaponry for types of security details. 
I was going to place the Ranger in this category because of how short it is- but due to its thick nature I feel it would be visible through clothes and protrude with ease. 

5. PM-63 RAK - I feel this one is actually an easy choice. It appears to be marginally smaller than the MPL and its built forward grip is collapsible. It could easily be concealed, even with its protruding pistol grip it is no worse than the MPL or the Uzi. 

6. FN P90 - While more difficult to find, it might add to its novelty. It has a slender build and a very compact profile. In size its comparable to the MPL with slightly more body on the front.

Provided are the weapons by their size. Hopefully it serves as an exemplar for what exactly I mean when I try to explain my reasoning behind it.
As aforementioned, feel free to comment/reply any input. 

Thank you!

MPL & P90
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712774658855927909/978529978587185182/unknown.png

literally everything else
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712774658855927909/978530042659373108/unknown.png

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - kash - 05-24-2022

+1 everything except the stakeout

stakeout concealed will make you look like you either have a long snake of a shit coming out your ass or make you look like you got a massive cock

stakeout wouldn’t make any sense

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - Billy Longavetti - 05-24-2022

+1 I like the ideas however I feel like it would be easier to hide a ranger in a leather coat instead of a stakeout

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - Smurf - 05-24-2022

+1 Need more concealable guns.

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - bioswales - 05-24-2022

I guess I did forget; having a larger playermodel may have convinced me that the Stakeout would fit with ease.
If you'd like here was the way it sat on my characters back- and with it being slender in comparison to the Ranger it seemed to make more sense to me- since the Ranger whenever concealed would don a very obvious lump no matter how it was worn- where the Stakeout seemed to have slimmer profile where it could run along the torso.

That being said; given how everyone is in fact not me and this would have to co-exist with playermodels smaller than my own- you guys make an excellent point, Haha.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712774658855927909/978682647092027402/unknown.png
^ stakeout on a large playermodel's back for reference

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - shrimpsgalore - 05-25-2022

It's my opinion that:
  • Concealable guns we have now are powerful enough and can cause virtually instant death. No need to buff them by adding deadlier concealables.
  • Not really possible to conceal carry an FNP90/Stakeout. The P90 is nearly 2ft long, Stakeout is 2+ft. Don't know how that wouldn't be visible in even a long sleeve t shirt.
  • It's not realistic/fair someone conceal carrying either is able to sprint as fast as someone conceal carrying a Glock, or draw such a large weapon at virtually the same speed.

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - bioswales - 05-27-2022

(05-25-2022, 11:17 PM)shrimpsgalore Wrote: -1

It's my opinion that:
  • Concealable guns we have now are powerful enough and can cause virtually instant death. No need to buff them by adding deadlier concealables.
  • Not really possible to conceal carry an FNP90/Stakeout. The P90 is nearly 2ft long, Stakeout is 2+ft. Don't know how that wouldn't be visible in even a long sleeve t shirt.
  • It's not realistic/fair someone conceal carrying either is able to sprint as fast as someone conceal carrying a Glock, or draw such a large weapon at virtually the same speed.

- This is a two way street. It doesn't make the weapon itself more powerful. In fact it may even level the playing field for some factions which may not have access to good concealables. In addition It opens the market to more variety.

- I will not refute this, but scale is difficult to rationalize between the game and real life. I was only basing it off of the weapon and how it is displayed in game. I'm sure that some weapons are outright silly to carry due to their size alone.

- On the same note it is not stopping people from pulling out a Carbine Uzi or an MPL. Those weapons are concealable and yet have no good reason to not lower movement speed. This is something that is broken. Either exclusively pistols as concealables would fix this- or on the flip side make more (Reasonable) Sub machine weapons concealable.

I do very much appreciate your input! If you have any further remarks don't be shy.

RE: More Concealable Firearms! - Pendred - 06-22-2022

Spectre no
Stakeout no
Rak sure
p90 no