Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3812)

Ban Appeal - ExodusMal - 05-28-2022

Your Name: Tammy Moe/John Bunion/Vito Heo

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):  STEAM_0:0:560310320 

Reason for ban: Assisting with item transfer, acting as item transfer middle man, Job abuse

Length of ban: 2 days

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Hello, I wanted to make this appeal because I see some faults in the logic of this ban. First off, I don't remember ever item transferring to my friends account, so I'm not exactly sure what that's about. This appeal is mainly for the job abuse because I everything I did was within the "corrupt police" rules. Essentially what I did was confiscate guns off of people I arrested and then like a few weeks later gave them to my friend. Ill explain the situation, so back when I was still a probationary officer - officer, I would confiscate guns for a legal reason, and then not knowing what to do with them and after asking several times what to do with them with no response I would just put them in my item bank (I assumed you needed the password for the evidence lockers to get rid of the guns) I just recently found out what you actually do with the guns after getting them but I already had the guns for so long so I decided to keep them. I had already known my friends character on John Bunion before I was even a cop, I was named Octavious Diginherson and I used to main him before I quit (I changed the name because I didn't like it since it was mingey). This allows for relations between John Bunion and my friends character Giorno. The reason I gave Giorno the guns is because he lost all of his guns while being rdmed, robbed, etc. It was a completely RP way of giving him guns and is really not that big of a deal, people give people guns all the time. It has been argued that what I did was an abuse of my cop character but I can prove it isn't. In the rules, it states "You may not distribute confiscated weapons/drugs/contraband or anything obtained FROM YOUR POLICE LOCKER for reasons of balance, power gaming and metagaming" First off, I don't see how this is power gaming or meta gaming, there could be many rp reasons for doing this. Second off, I did not take guns from a police locker, these guns I gave to my friend were either confiscated by me and kept by me or given to me. I would like ATLEAST this removed from my ban and a shorter sentence, I also want to be re-instated to the police force as I have spent many hours grinding on John Bunion to try and build up my reputation and career and it is all ruined now because of this. I was discharged because of OOC information provided by Canadian Bacon and so the police force would've never found out about this if it wasn't for the OOC info. I want to finish this off by apologizing for any rules I may have broken, me and my friend have been trying to RP and stick to the rules so we can prove that we have bettered ourselves and that we want to actually be a valuable part of this community, and I also want to say if I did break a rule by giving confiscated guns and guns that were given to me to Giorno that it should be added to the rules because its impossible to know without it. 

Why should you be unbanned? It was all explained above but to reiterate, I think I should be unbanned or have a shorter ban time because it doesn't state anywhere in the forums that giving your own guns and guns that you have confiscated aren't allowed to be distributed. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): No additonal, thanks.

Ban Appeal - Chadderman - 05-28-2022

It states "confiscated weapons/contraband OR your weapons locker. Please take this time to review the rules.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules