Diverge Networks
Seb's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Seb's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3911)

Seb's Ban Appeal - Seb - 06-08-2022

Your Name: Seb

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:112310175

Reason for ban: Character Abuse | Metagaming | Extensive Ban History | Switching to Oil Character and giving full profit to benefit own main Faction(s)

Length of ban: 14 days.

Reason for appeal: Dispute.

Why should you be unbanned?

As one of three bans that have been issued this morning for the exact same thing, this ban clearly shows targeting of a faction from an ex-member that left on bad terms that still holds a grudge against us.

As discussed with Pendred, using other characters to buy oil from faction members is fine provided RP is still maintained in the situation. Where this doesn’t exactly line up as I had last used my oil character on the 6th of June. Two days prior to the when the ban was issued. So I do not see when or how Chosen96 has witnessed me buying oil from faction members without any RP in the situation. I try my best to do RP with any members that would be brought over to sell oil to me. Of which I now rarely use my oil character as of recently. If Chosen96 had witnessed me buy oil without any RP on the 6th of June, why was it not dealt with then? Why was it left until two days later before any bans were issued? I am sure it doesn’t take two days to speak over a ban with higher members of staff which likely isn’t the case. Better showing the targeting at play from Chosen96.

If metagame is at play here, where is any proof of this? He is not inside of the faction discord and has no access as such to say it was being used. It seems like he is picking and choosing where to enforce the rules as there are definitely more severe metagame cases on the server outside of simply buying oil without speaking. I believe these bans to be based on logs solely as evidently it has not been witnessed in-game as it should've been dealt with at the time if not a ban at least a talking to, so that it is set straight.

There is no clearly outlined rule that states you can’t use a character in another faction to benefit others, which as long as it does not benefit yourself which would be transferring there shouldn’t be an issue. It’s a benefit of having access to an oil faction. Where there are many more people that do the same thing which goes unpunished on the server, likely because it is not a real issue. Although it has been chosen to be enforced against three relevant members of the faction.

On top of this, an extensive ban history being used to double the ban for a very minor offence is taking it way too far. I only have one previous metagame warn and although I have a large warn history, the overwhelming majority of them are much older and should be deemed irrelevant in a case of a supposed metagame.

This ban without a doubt should be reduced or even removed entirely. There is no proof to back any of this up and furthermore, the character had not been used for two days before my ban was issued. Which was only used that day to buy oil from my real brother. In addition to this, I don’t believe him to have even been on the server when he issued the ban, supporting that all of it is based upon logs. Which voice chat isn’t in logs.

Additional Information: N/A

RE: Seb's Ban Appeal - Emperor - 06-08-2022

Hello Seb

I'm sorry that you think that way.
I am simply doing my duties as staff.
I was just sifting through logs generally and the following came to my attention:

You have switched Characters and immediately recieved oil. Which you immediately sold and gave all the profits to the member of your other Faction. Clearly there has been communication between the 2 of you as this is not something that can be seen only once, but multiple times. I highly doubt there was any RP, given the fact that everything was done immediately and most of the times you switched characters afterwards again to get back on your main.

Most of the logs on that Character show you purchasing 80% of your Oil from your fellow Faction Members and giving them full profit. The sale and money Logs on that char aren't very long, as the char was obviously created and used for this purpose.

This is a clear violation of the Rules, a quite obvious one at that, and therefore the Ban is, in my opinion, reasonable. You should have known better as you are not new to this community and you understand the rules.

In addition to my previous post:

Even though a rule may not be enforced all the time, it came to my attention and I therefore decided to enforce it. I leave it to UA if your ban should be reduced or even removed. As in my opinion it is, like already said, reasonable.

RE: Seb's Ban Appeal - Seb - 06-08-2022

The fact that in your own words you have just looked through logs and used it to justify a two-week ban, is completely out of order. After all, it is an alt character which I do not intend to spend most of my time on.

You have justified the ban based on that you ‘highly doubt there was any RP’. Meaning you have not witnessed anything to contradict or prove this statement and has been based solely on logs. This further supports the targeting of faction members as you would have to look through all of the logs via a single steamID to see all of my interactions. I ‘highly doubt’ you have done this for any other factions or any other people on the server.

You stated that ‘This is a clear violation of the Rules’, could you please reference the exact rule that is violated here? As there is no rule stated that says such and it is most certainly not loopholing.

I have stated my reasoning.

The logs in that case are clear and I have made my point. Less than a minute of loading the character you were already selling and in the end giving him all the profit. Switching back to your main afterwards.

Nonetheless I wish you a great day.

RE: Seb's Ban Appeal - Seb - 06-08-2022

Once the oil is bought and sold, what more reason is there to stay on the character if no one else wants to sell their oil? Simply taking a small amount of time doesn’t prove metagame and giving someone all the profit makes zero difference as to whether it is metagame or not. So that statement is irrelevant. Did you take a look at the other 20% of people that I bought oil from? Did I give them full price too? Would it make a difference if I didn’t? No. Plenty of people use other characters to gain an advantage unless metagame or abuse is proven without a doubt, which in this case it is not. As you were not there to witness either of these occasions.

RE: Seb's Ban Appeal - Smurf - 06-08-2022

+1 it sounds like at most metagame. Plus giving full price to people is a rule in American oil and I’d say not a bannable offense let alone 2 weeks

(06-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Smurf Wrote: +1 it sounds like at most metagame. Plus giving full price to people is a rule in American oil and I’d say not a bannable offense let alone 2 weeks

American Oil Corporation offers 5.6k standard. Giving full profit is not a rule. Else they wouldn't make any money themselves.

RE: Seb's Ban Appeal - Smurf - 06-08-2022

(06-08-2022, 03:24 PM)Emperor Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Smurf Wrote: +1 it sounds like at most metagame. Plus giving full price to people is a rule in American oil and I’d say not a bannable offense let alone 2 weeks

American Oil Corporation offers 5.6k standard. Giving full profit is not a rule. Else they wouldn't make any money themselves.
They offer 5.4 and also I’m saying that American oil will FIRE anyone giving full price or found to be giving full price.

Seb's Ban Appeal - Chadderman - 06-08-2022

Using others doing it as an excuse isn't good looks. Just because others are doing it and haven't been caught doesn't mean you won't be.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules