Diverge Networks
Benkku's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Benkku's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3912)

Benkku's Ban Appeal - Benkku - 06-08-2022

Your Name: Benkku

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:55189590

Reason for ban: Character Abuse | Metagaming | Switching to Oil Character and giving full profit to benefit own main Faction(s)

Length of ban: 7 days.

Reason for appeal: Dispute.

Why should you be unbanned?

As one of three bans that have been issued this morning for the exact same thing, this ban clearly shows targeting of a faction from an ex-member that left on bad terms that still holds a grudge against us.

As discussed with Pendred, using other characters to buy oil from faction members is fine provided RP is still maintained in the situation. I last used my character on the 7th of June which means it was nowhere near the time when the ban was issued. No sit was provided by staff to explain what was wrong and what rule was explicitly broken. Combing through logs relentlessly does not show a situation no matter how in-depth you look at them. The only area this doesn’t apply is explicit item transferring, which can be traced easily. Which hasn’t happened here, I did not benefit myself in any way through doing this.

When I use my oil character to help new recruits to the faction I will have another member walk them over to properly introduce them to using oil to make money, I don’t simply tell them to go over there, swap characters and give them full profit. I try my best to do RP with any members that would be brought over to sell oil to me. Of which I now rarely use my oil character as of recently. There is no proof to contradict this and logs don’t prove this either.

I have only one previous warning for driving a car into the water, so I do not understand how a seven day ban is justified in this case for a single instance of supposed metagame. Without any staff interaction to tell me why it is not allowed or any rule to say otherwise. In addition to this, Pendred also claims to not have an issue with it as long as RP is maintained through the interaction. It’s clear targeting from an old member that holds a grudge after a failed attempt at transferring money to another character when leaving the faction. If he truly did witness this metagame occuring, why was it not dealt with on the spot, rather than over a day later while both myself and the staff member were offline.

No ban, let alone a seven-day ban is justified in this circumstance. It shows blatant picking and choosing of where the rules are enforced and it does not help to reduce metagame on the server, it just sours relations with staff. There is a massive amount of metagame that happens on the server from using discord for trades and using people's names that you don’t know in character. These areas are not enforced as it has become more a part of the server than ever, so why is a simple oil deal an area where seven-day bans become justified?

Additional Information: N/A

RE: Benkku's Ban Appeal - Emperor - 06-08-2022

Hello Benkku

I'm sorry that you think that way.
I am simply doing my duties as staff.
I was just sifting through logs generally and the following came to my attention:

You have switched Characters and immediately recieved oil. Which you immediately sold and gave all the profits to the member of your other Faction. Clearly there has been communication between the 2 of you as this is not something that can be seen only once, but multiple times. I highly doubt there was any RP, given the fact that everything was done immediately and most of the times you switched characters afterwards again to get back on your main.

Most of the logs on that Character show you purchasing from your Oil from your fellow Faction Members and giving them full profit. The sale and money Logs on that char aren't very long, as the char was obviously created and used for this purpose.

This is a clear violation of the Rules, a quite obvious one at that, and therefore the Ban is, in my opinion, reasonable. You should have known better as you are not new to this community and you understand the rules.

It is visible that your main faction is profiting off your alt character(s) as you and multiple others are doing it.

Simply switching chars selling oil and giving full profit to your faction members is not progressive RP. Especially if you switch back to your main right afterwards.

I leave it to UA to decide in this matter as in my Opinion the ban is reasonable.

Have a great day.

Benkku's Ban Appeal - Chadderman - 06-08-2022

Reduced to 3 days due to ban history

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 3 days.