Diverge Networks
ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=3919)

Pages: 1 2

ban appeal - Arth - 06-08-2022

[attachment=223]

Your Name: Madel Brants

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:177466331

Reason for ban: Rdm x2 + PO x2

Length of ban: 48 hours

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): So, early today, I found my friend being arrested and also saw some random blind folding him and trying to search his inventory so to save my friend from being mugged/ arrested, I shot the police officer and accidentally shot the guy behind him as well (he was the guy who was trying to search my friends inventory from what I saw) (also, the guy who I accidentally killed mentioned in a staff sit that he didn't care about what happened) I then was made aware that I had broken a rule. I was aware of this rule but I believed the killing was justified as the cop was allowing people to blind fold and search him. The cop had arrested him for the possibility of him having drugs and when he arrested him, had pointed a gun instead of a taser at him for no reason. Although my friend didn't posses any illegal narcotics on his person, the original charge was for the possibility of him carrying narcotics. Therefore, creating a situation where killing the cop and the person who tried to search a valid reaction. 

Why should you be unbanned? I believe I should be unbanned because everything I did with the knowledge I had was within the rules. My friend was being arrested for allegedly harboring an illegal firearm and illegal narcotics (both felonious charges) and regardless of what would've been the outcome, I did what I thought was right for the situation that was presented to me. In the future, I will make sure to know for a fact what I am doing is within the rules. I was fairly certain but next time I will be 100% sure. 

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Just to summarize, this cop was going against the rules of being a cop such as not reading Miranda rights, pointing a gun at my peer without probable cause, and allowing civs to openly blindfold and attempt to search his inventory. Although I didn't see the gun part, the rest I witnessed and so I believe that this cop who was failing to do his job and potentially putting my peer at risk of losing items or being injured by these surrounding civs was rightfully killed by me.

RE: ban appeal - Emperor - 06-08-2022

Hello Arth

Your friend was being arrested and wouldnt have faced a felony, therefore you are not allowed to shoot the officer, in that case it's considered RDM. Your friend walked up to him saying "Officer I have cocaine" and therefore was put in handcuffs.

You yourself admited to not seeing the officer pointing a gun at him you just walked up to the situation and decided to shoot the policeman. Also he couldn't search his inventory as they were moving and the /me that would be displayed when searching someone wasn't shown.

Your 2 recent PO's on RDM, added to the RDM x2, therefore justify the Ban of 2 days.

Nonetheless I wish you a great evening.

RE: ban appeal - Arth - 06-08-2022

Hello Emperor,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The reasoning for arrest is essentially irrelevant in this case. I killed the officer because he was openly allowing people to abuse my friend while he was being dragged away. With no prior knowledge, all I saw was a peer of mine being arrested while being searched and blind folded by a crowd of people surrounding him. Although the guy who searched him did not mean to search him, and cancelled it before he got into his inventory, I did in fact see him search his inventory which gave me a reason to kill him. I understand now that he wasn't trying to do that, but at that time from what I saw, was again, the officer allowing two or three people to crowd around my friend, blindfolding and searching him.

RE: ban appeal - Emperor - 06-08-2022

The Policeman can of course not deal with 3 people at once as he is taking away a suspect. Though through the footage shown it has been clear he was your main target. And about the other person killed in this case there was everything said between "it was justified" to "it was crossfire".

If you should get into a similar situation again make sure you take your time go asses the situation and make the right decisions.

You acted wrongfully in this situation and therefore I percieve the punishement as justifed.

UA may decide in this case.

RE: ban appeal - Moses - 06-08-2022

Unfortunately for you, I am afraid that people blindfolding your friend is in fact not a valid reason to shoot an arresting officer. Exodus was not being arrested for his firearm, and even if he was his character is a registered holder of a license. He kept stating that he had cocaine on him, and making illegal vehicular maneuvers so an arrest was conducted. You stated that he had a firearm aimed at him instead of a taser, but that's irrelevant. Not only does that not change the situation, but you didn't even see that situation leading to me believing that you are both metagaming. How interesting, right?

He was being arrested for his actions of stating he had narcotics and his foolish choice of driving like an idiot. Once brought to the station, the most he would receive would be a fine for mischief as he had zero illegal items on him. You, not at all being present at the incident and not knowing the situation that was unfolding is not reason enough for this to be reverted. You not knowing the charges doesn't mean you can kill an LEO without repercussion.

Me 'Not doing a good job' is also not a reason to kill a cop, so I am not sure where you got that idea from. Not reading Miranda rights is not a killable offense.

Overall, you broke a rule, tried to argue its intention, and got punished.

Hello Moses,

I'd like to start off by saying that you were present when my friend mentioned that you had a gun pointed at him. This was set in a staff sit, also he had told me while we were in the car together. I'm not saying that you allowing somebody to blindfold him was a reason to kill you, I am saying though that you were clearly allowing him to be abused while being arrested. One of the main reasons why I killed you was because you were allowing somebody to search his inventory while he was in handcuffs, and the blindfolding just helps stack the injustices you were committing against him. 

Lets evaluate the situation. You technically broke the rules against fail corruption by allowing somebody to commit battery against my friend by blindfolding and searching him (Battery is considered any sort of physical touch). You allowed this to happen and instead of trying to stop it, you just continued going forward without saying anything or making any attempt to get the people away from him. In the rules it states, "You cannot just openly commit crimes on that police character. If you want to be a criminal, make a criminal character. As soon as you put yourself in a corrupt situation it is possible to be PK'ed." With this in mind, and considering you broke a law with allowing somebody to search and blindfold my friend. I was within full right to kill you.

RE: ban appeal - Moses - 06-08-2022

(06-08-2022, 11:33 PM)Arth Wrote: Hello Moses,

I'd like to start off by saying that you were present when my friend mentioned that you had a gun pointed at him. This was set in a staff sit, also he had told me while we were in the car together. I'm not saying that you allowing somebody to blindfold him was a reason to kill you, I am saying though that you were clearly allowing him to be abused while being arrested. One of the main reasons why I killed you was because you were allowing somebody to search his inventory while he was in handcuffs, and the blindfolding just helps stack the injustices you were committing against him. 

Lets evaluate the situation. You technically broke the rules against fail corruption by allowing somebody to commit battery against my friend by blindfolding and searching him (Battery is considered any sort of physical touch). You allowed this to happen and instead of trying to stop it, you just continued going forward without saying anything or making any attempt to get the people away from him. In the rules it states, "You cannot just openly commit crimes on that police character. If you want to be a criminal, make a criminal character. As soon as you put yourself in a corrupt situation it is possible to be PK'ed." With this in mind, and considering you broke a law with allowing somebody to search and blindfold my friend. I was within full right to kill you.

chadderman have mercy

2022-06-08 16:52:10
Moses
Corporal Aaron Conway
STEAM_0:0:63629212
[IC] Corporal Aaron Conway: Dont blin

Me, literally trying to say "Don't blindfold him" before being cutt off as I had to move Exodus to prevent people from searching him.

You said, "don't blin", not stop blindfolding or stop searching. You made an attempt but didn't fully do it. Again to reiterate, I shot you because from what I saw, you were allowing people to search my friend as he was being arrested, which you aren't allowed to do + I am allowed to kill you for. 

If it wasn't clear enough already, It's evident that I wasn't trying to break any rules. I think this situation would of been better handled if I received a verbal warning or even a note.

RE: ban appeal - Chadderman - 06-09-2022

I'm just watching, I can't accept or deny this because I'm in the same faction as you two and higher rank. But maybe don't shoot cops.

RE: ban appeal - Moses - 06-09-2022

(06-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Arth Wrote: You said, "don't blin", not stop blindfolding or stop searching. You made an attempt but didn't fully do it. Again to reiterate, I shot you because from what I saw, you were allowing people to search my friend as he was being arrested, which you aren't allowed to do + I am allowed to kill you for. 

If it wasn't clear enough already, It's evident that I wasn't trying to break any rules. I think this situation would of been better handled if I received a verbal warning or even a note.

Considering your massive PO, no. No, you do not deserve just a note or VW. Me, not clearing people away fast enough from an arrestee is in fact not a valid kill reason in the rules. Who would have thunk it.