Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal-LTARP - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal-LTARP (/showthread.php?tid=3966)

Ban Appeal-LTARP - MadMan49 - 06-17-2022

Your Name: Sammy Covelli

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:553371567

Reason for ban: LTARP

Length of ban:1 Day

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I guess this is a dispute, but its more of a misunderstanding than anything

Why should you be unbanned? Thank you so much for taking your time out of your day to read this, now please keep in mind that I'm pretty knew to this whole G mod RP thing. Real early this morning, around 12, I was in a store. It was pretty late and I had a final exam today so I disconnected. Then when I got home from school today I hopped on the server and spawn in the store that was closed. So I didn't know what to do so I got some body's attention and I didn't know my mic was muted. As I think I'm talking to this guy, I'm scrolling through my hot bar and pull out my gun a little too long. He pulls out a machine gun and starts shooting at me and I fire back. Eventually him and his friend come back with a cop saying i broke in the place and shot at them, now I only shot at one of them after he shot at me. The officer starts to arrest me and I'm kind of panicking because no one is listening to me because I didn't know I was muted and i don't  want to be arrested for something I didn't do so I disconnected. Maybe after 30 minutes I join back and like 10 minutes after that I get teleported to a room with an officer and a staff member. the staff guy tells me I'm not talking and I'm panicking so I'm not checking if I'm muted. So I'm communicating in the chat and he is talking faster than I can type, but I say my game crashed because I'm freaking out. He calls my bluff and I get banned. Sorry this is so long and thank you again for even considering anything.
 Information (images, videos, etc): I don't really got any additional info, but some of the stuff I said could've probably put here.

RE: Ban Appeal-LTARP - IZO - 06-17-2022

As you stated you disconected as soon as the officer tyed you up which was the LTARP charge (which meants Leaving To Avoid RolePlay if youre wandering what it means). I understand you are a new player and all, but you should probably get more familiarised with the rules if you want to have a good experience on this server as things like these can just get you punnished and you should avoid them. You had a clean record so i wouldeve gave you a light sentence, but the fact that you claimed that you crashed at such a perfect timing lead me to look trough the logs and which showed the fact that you lied to a staff member as you manually disconected from the server to avoid being arrested. Even if you think it wasnt something you didnt do there is always an IC way of resolving it and i hope you wont be breaking the rules anytime soon after this ban.

RE: Ban Appeal-LTARP - MadMan49 - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 08:26 PM)IZO Wrote: As you stated you disconected as soon as the officer tyed you up which was the LTARP charge (which meants Leaving To Avoid RolePlay if youre wandering what it means). I understand you are a new player and all, but you should probably get more familiarised with the rules if you want to have a good experience on this server as things like these can just get you punnished and you should avoid them. You had a clean record so i wouldeve gave you a light sentence, but the fact that you claimed that you crashed at such a perfect timing lead me to look trough the logs and which showed the fact that you lied to a staff member as you manually disconected from the server to avoid being arrested. Even if you think it wasnt something you didnt do there is always an IC way of resolving it and  i hope you wont be breaking the rules anytime soon after this ban.
Hey man, thanks any way and I will definitely learn the rules.

Ban Appeal-LTARP - Rem - 06-20-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules