Diverge Networks
Mal's Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Mal's Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=4002)

Pages: 1 2

Mal's Staff App - ExodusMal - 06-20-2022

In-Game Name(s): Vito "The Exodus" Heo, Hector "Muerto" Dalemanca, Bon Junion.

Steam Name: ExodusMal

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ExodusMal/

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:560310320 

Discord Username: ExodusMal

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w, 6d, 13h, 12m

Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): NY

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: During the summer time, I am able to dedicate a solid 4-5 hours (possibly more) during the school year 3 hours

Have you read the rules?: Several times

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Not fully, but I am a quick learner.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?My motivation is derived from a need to better myself and my reputation. I am aware that many people may have been seeing the negative sides of me over this last year that I have been playing. I admit, I have made many mistakes but I am working hard to correct those errors. I believe that in becoming a staff, I can better connect with the community of diverge and also better myself. Another reason I want to be apart of the staff team is I think that a lot of staff are impatient, not kind and unprofessional to the members of this server. If I am chosen to become staff, I will certainly give everyone a fair, unbiased, and justified staff experience so that everyone I come across will feel a little more comfortable on the server. The final reason for my interest in this position is that I do believe it will benefit me in real life, I believe the team building skills, skills that I gain from working with the people of this server, and overall working environment skills will be able to better me in the long run in real life. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I believe I should be considered because I am very patient and understanding person. I believe I am what the people of this server need. This server requires higher quality staff and I believe I will fit in that category. Another reason is that I am very dedicated and hardworking, I will ensure the server is safe from minges like we see everyday and I will ensure people are satisfied with their time on this server. A third reason is that I am a good people person, I have lots of skills working with people, especially difficult people, and I believe I can apply these skills to moderating to create a better environment for all parties.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have had staff roles in other places then gmod (FiveM, Discord)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, to be completely honest, I have a rather disappointing past of mistakes I've made, this is why I'm applying, I'm truly looking to better myself. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I am relatively known I would say, not the most popular but my name is certainly out there. I believe I am at a more positive reputation at this current moment, this is because I've have been striving to be a positive impact on this server rather then negative.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: H445, Smurf
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: First, I can start off by alerting other on duty staff members, second, I can analyze whether or not other staff are able to handle this matter and if not I will just become temporarily on duty and handle the situation myself.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would start off by contacting them directly and letting them know that what they are doing is wrong and that they should stop, if they choose to not listen, then id have to report it to higher staff to prevent any staff abuse to continue.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: My friends would never let a game ruin a good friendship, so I would handle it with an unbiased mindset. If it were the case that it would affect our friendship, I would alert another staff to deal with it to avoid any conflicts between us.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Mal's Staff App - Smurf - 06-20-2022

Neutral

RE: Mal's Staff App - Alex Carvetelo - 06-20-2022

-1 Had several bad encounter, seen bad roleplay from this guy ingame.

Aldo i think that he could improve positivly with efforts.

RE: Mal's Staff App - Gr1m - 06-21-2022

-1 nice guy but not fit for staff

RE: Mal's Staff App - JimmyRusso - 06-21-2022

+1 Good app. Think he could do well as staff.

RE: Mal's Staff App - Gr1m - 06-21-2022

Big -1. seen more of this guy on the server, either a well-camoflauged minge or extremely dense / mentally challenged (genuinely). Lack of understanding of basic server rules, and doesn't handle rejection well.

RE: Mal's Staff App - i dont know what to call this - 06-21-2022

Big -1, He's a major minge, he doesnt handle rejection well, he has so much lack of understanding of BASIC server rules, I would also like to add this "Infraction: Fail corruption. Taking guns and giving them to his OOC crim friend. Zero RP. Abuse of Job priveleges." even canadian bacon said you have zero rp, you'd probably abuse your perms aswell,

RE: Mal's Staff App - ExodusMal - 06-21-2022

I'm sorry, what rules did I break since your last comment? I am not banned nor warned, I think you are deciding to hate on me after our argument earlier in which you were severely unprofessional. Its unfortunate that someone who I believed to be a respectable and mature person would stoop this low to create blatant lies and slander me over an argument we had.

And regarding the other comment, the rules could be interpreted differently when looking at them, it was a vague rule and I broke it accidentally, I had no intent to break the rule, and to this day when reviewing the rule it doesn't make complete sense.

RE: Mal's Staff App - Emperor - 06-22-2022

Sometimes he might be nice and can deliver good roleplay.
Other times he very much refuses to understand and will act very hostile towards staff. I've had bad encounters with him and can certainly say the same for other members of the team.

I unfortunately do not see him fit for staff:

-Very hostile towards members of the team
-Lack of understanding towards basic rules
-In denial when a rule was broken by him
-Even though already punished/warned he does the same thing again.

RE: Mal's Staff App - Arth - 06-22-2022

+1 

knows the rules and is a non-biased guy