Diverge Networks
appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4015)

appeal - Arth - 06-22-2022

Name of Character: Madel  "Lost" Brant

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:177466331

Date of PK: Wednesday, June 22

Reason for PK: Disregard of life

Why should you be unPK'd?: Okay, I want to start off by saying that the actions that are deemed rule breaking that I have done are not evident in the servers rules. The staff member who issued the pk claims the reason for his decision is that I was not regarding my own life. This relates to the rule that states "You must value your character’s life. This means that you naturally do not want your character to die. (FearRP) Breaking this can result in a PK or a ban at the Staff’s Discretion" In this rule, it relates the "disregard" to the breaking of "fearrp", in which I did not do. No gun was pointed to me, no one was even around, the officer shot me from the safety of the pd. The car I shot was literally not even in a parking spot which clearly indicates it was just abandoned and not a big deal if lost. I get that I shot at a car in pd but its not like I was starting a gun fight with the pd. I believe the officer could've handled the situation differently, if it was me, I would've pointed a gun at the suspect and forced him to put the gun away and his hands up.  A final note, drive bys are 100% realistic in real life, I have an ongoing beef with the police on my Madel character which could and did lead me to shooting at their car to send a message, no cops were harmed which was the intent and yet the officer decided to fire at me. If I had shot directly into pd I wouldn't even debate the pk, it would make complete sense to me, but considering I shot at a abandoned car which was recklessly and illegally parked and didn't even blow it up, I don't agree that this warrants a pk.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: 

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/prV0i0Rvt13St/d1337UfgnNqc?invite=cr-MSxZMmksMjQ5NjUyNzgs

If this PK Appeal gets accepted, may I get 13k refund as I ordered a Mac-11 Shipment but was unable to get it as I got Pked.

RE: appeal - Hue - 06-22-2022

Don't post on appeals you are not directly involved with

RE: appeal - ExodusMal - 06-22-2022

(06-22-2022, 07:22 PM)Hue Wrote: Don't post on appeals you are not directly involved with
I was literally in the car with him monkey

RE: appeal - Infamy - 06-22-2022

However you'd like to put it, you shot up the police department whether or not you only shot a police vehicle outside. You still shot up the PD whilst having a magnitude of officers inside the PD. Knowing the danger of doing so you did it anyway.

RE: appeal - Arth - 06-22-2022

(06-22-2022, 08:54 PM)Infamy Wrote: However you'd like to put it, you shot up the police department whether or not you only shot a police vehicle outside. You still shot up the PD whilst having a magnitude of officers inside the PD. Knowing the danger of doing so you did it anyway.

Hello Infamy, thanks for taking the time to reply,

In the "PK Guidelines" it states, "Officers may not execute suspects, they must make an effort to arrest a suspect" Ellis Russell could've made an attempt to arrest me but failed to do so, he instead immediately killed me. I was not shooting him and I was reloading which would've given him some time to act and arrest me. If he did what he had done in real life he would've lost his job. If the car had blown up, not a singular person would've been harmed.

RE: appeal - Infamy - 06-22-2022

(06-22-2022, 09:12 PM)Arth Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 08:54 PM)Infamy Wrote: However you'd like to put it, you shot up the police department whether or not you only shot a police vehicle outside. You still shot up the PD whilst having a magnitude of officers inside the PD. Knowing the danger of doing so you did it anyway.

Hello Infamy, thanks for taking the time to reply,

In the "PK Guidelines" it states, "Officers may not execute suspects, they must make an effort to arrest a suspect" Ellis Russell could've made an attempt to arrest me but failed to do so, he instead immediately killed me. I was not shooting him and I was reloading which would've given him some time to act and arrest me. If he did what he had done in real life he would've lost his job. If the car had blown up, not a singular person would've been harmed.
Executing in the case of simple crimes but when you are a danger to the public there are total differences. Now let's say you ran from him for a simple crime, and he shot you that would be what that rule would be talking about. Like stated prior being a danger to the public and being able to hurt people can often leave you dead.

RE: appeal - Rem - 06-22-2022

Executing does not apply here as you initiated a gunfight from a distance, and the PD responded by shooting back. If you died from a headshot, then you died. It would have been different if you pulled out a weapon but did not shoot, or if you surrendered. Once again, you are misinterpreting the rules. The PK reason for this would also be initiating a gun fight with police.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.