Diverge Networks
Duck's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Duck's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=4047)

Pages: 1 2

Duck's Staff Application - TotallyNotADuck - 06-26-2022

In-Game Name(s): Jason “Rainman” Santoro / Tony Probee / Clarence “Cadillac” Caldwell

Steam Name: Duck

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DuckQuackerson

Steam ID: 76561198119393532

Discord Username: Duck#1006

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 6d 16h 24m

Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York):New York

Time Zone:EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3 to 4 hours or even more, depending on if I am working or not.

Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have. 

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do. 

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I do.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I am a quick learner and could easily pick it up.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I do. 

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I would like to increase the number of staff we have on, to help out as much as I can and to help the community flourish. I’ve dedicated quite some time onto this server and have grown to really care for the server and its player base. As I have been playing myself. I’ve noticed that the number of staff online is dwindling. As the number of staff goes down and the number of tickets go up. I can’t help but to just sit around. I want to help assist the staff team and the overall community to the best of my abilities. We need more active staff and I know that I can fulfill that need. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I say that my level headedness, professionalism and overall respect towards others is what makes me stand out. In RP, I try my best to make sure everyone feels respected and included. Even if someone disrespects me. This trait has brought me far in the roleplay aspects of this server. Being able to keep a cool head and staying professional. I have no doubt in my mind that it will also take me far if accepted for staff. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Vector Gaming (StarWarsRP) - 3 Months

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I was banned for a fail mugging on a cop for five hours. I took things from the cops inventory without knowing I couldn’t go into the cops inventory. Since then, I have familiarized myself more with the rules. I have not been banned after the fact. That is my only offense.  

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I feel as if I have a positive reputation on the server. Most people probably know me as “Rainman”. Others may know me as Officer Tony Probee. These are two sides of the same coin. All though I can be serious and firm with extensive roleplay. I can also have a laugh and go around with my fellow player base. I feel as if people know me for making them laugh and their time on the server a little bit better. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Infamy, Smurf, Jeff

Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 

Since I am currently not on, I would see if there are any available staff online to handle the person. I would try to clip it and provide evidence for the other staff members. If no other staff is online,  I’d go On Duty myself and assess the situation, trying to handle it to the best of my abilities. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 

Most people I think would try to address it themselves. Confronting the staff who are abusing and telling them that they are abusing their position. But personally, I find that clipping it and bringing it to a higher ranking staff member's attention is more appropriate. There is less conflict and the information has been presented to the right people. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

Albeit that they are one of my friends,  I cannot hold favorites. I would take the ticket and respond to it like any other normal ticket. Addressing the situation with no bias. Even if it comes to warning or even banning my friend from the server. If my friendship with them is affected because I warned or banned them on a Garry’s Mod server. They probably were never my friend to begin with. 

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Russo - 06-26-2022

Quality dude defo +1

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Moosenheimer - 06-26-2022

Known him since he was playing on VG. He was an excellent staff member on there. Definitely one of the most level headed people I know. I have no doubt in my mind that he can do this job. +1

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Scar - 06-26-2022

+1 ong, great member within the community and also he doesn't have a single ban. Would be good for the staff team

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Arth - 06-26-2022

* Arth makes dolphin noises approving this staff application

this guy is probably one of the most funniest people on diverge. he's always on and kind towards people, even white shirts. 

+1

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Smurf - 06-26-2022

+1, very calm and collected man. Does very well in rp

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Infamy - 06-26-2022

+1

I've known Duck since before the release of Miami. I helped him get his first job and touch his first hundred dollar bills. Bought him his first vehicular device. I believe his intentions with becoming a staff member are good. And I honestly cannot wait to work with my young brotha mane!

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Alex Carvetelo - 06-27-2022

+1 very good guy, good roleplay and could be a good addition to the team

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Damiano - 06-27-2022

+1 Good guy, plays the server a lot has a good understanding of server rules and we could use more staff

RE: Duck's Staff Application - Verax - 07-07-2022

+1

Very professional player. He was able to calmly handle sits as he made a few tickets throughout the night. Despite being minged on, he always had video evidence ready and was respectful during sits. Highly recommend him becoming staff ASAP.