Diverge Networks
Drug Processing / Other - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Drug Processing / Other (/showthread.php?tid=4054)

Drug Processing / Other - Ghostie - 06-27-2022

Drug Processing:

I've heard a lot of new members wanting a more in-depth method of processing drugs, personally I like the fact that it's simple but I can also understand that having something a little more creative makes it feel more rewarding when receiving the end product. It also adds an aesthetic appeal to the whole process which could add more value to the server. 100% avoid the Dark RP trash looking methods but having something a little bit unique to each drug might be cool, potentially add the components required to process drugs to the vendors themselves. I understand time consumption of a detailed system, especially for people processing huge amount but just an idea, gathered from what people around me have said.

For example how the cheaper version of growing weed works, if you're not too sure on how some drugs are processed/produced. I'd be happy to google it and put myself on the feds radar.

Weapon drops:

Not 100% on this idea, so I'd like it if someone could validate why this may be a bad idea. However dropping equipped guns on death. I'm sure there's a reason why this isn't in place already, more curious than anything.

IC Map:

Probably totally unnecessary but an IC map would be cool, a map new users could pick up from a gas station or somewhere close to where new players spawn in. Potentially an NPC right outside the spawn location offering to sell a map for $5 or something (inventory item) and it has little markers indicating key locations. Maybe they could click on the map markers and it brings up a marker similar to shipments. That may be a bit overkill but could definitely help out new users figure basic stuff out. 

Chop shop NPC:

Pretty simple, people can steal other peoples cars and get them scrapped at an NPC for small amounts of cash. Doesn't effect people being able to take there cars out of garages but might give an incentive for a new way of making money illegally. This might sound a bit extreme but to avoid people minging and abusing the system, you could make people who have stolen the car and are inside the vehicle PK active, until they scrap it or abandon the vehicle. 

Medical system:

I've heard this was already a thing a while ago, could be a good idea to open up a whole new line of careers, maybe mix it with a fireman role etc. If there is a death timer, it shouldn't be too long because nobody wants to wait around for 5-10 minutes and they should have the option to respawn etc. On some serious RP server I used to play on, their were a select amount of members who actually used to love playing EMS, so might not be a bad idea.

Off duty:

I've heard rumours cops can do this already, though I've never seen it. Maybe letting cops (and EMS if that's a thought) go off duty could. Gives them a chance to do something outside of there Government job. At the same time they could also create a new char so not too sure but could give officials a break from duties but still be able to hang out with people they know on that char. 

Legal/Illegal jobs:

It would be great if we could have a few people think up some new ideas for this side of things, I've seen a few suggestions on here but it would be awesome to get more things to do in-game for both sides of civilian life. Something I've noticed especially for lower ranking criminals and people who want to do legal jobs only, is that they get to a certain point and get bored of what they're doing. For example, I can't stand processing. I just cut people in to help me to do it for me because it can be so tedious. I do believe that some people need to get the whole RP side of the server and go make some fun themselves but having options the server provides to do more illegal and legal stuff would be great. I'll add to this post as I think up some ideas and hopefully other member will too.

For the time being that's all that comes to mind, I'll be listening to what suggestions people have and what ever I can come up with and add to the post over time (or create a new one if it's super in-depth). 

RE: Drug Processing / Other - Smurf - 06-27-2022

Gun dropping on death is really the only one I don’t like. I feel like it’ll cause a lot of RDM. White shirt minges might punch Minge an afk, make him lose his gun, then now a Minge with a gun

RE: Drug Processing / Other - String - 06-27-2022

the gun one, would need to be so that it has a 10 or 5 % chance of dropping so that minges don't afk kill people with their guns equipped.

RE: Drug Processing / Other - Kieran C. - 06-28-2022

(06-27-2022, 06:04 AM)killerman10118 Wrote: the gun one, would need to be so that it has a 10 or 5 % chance of dropping so that minges don't afk kill people with their guns equipped.
Or, just implement a system where the gun drops only IF you're not actively AFK. It'd be interesting to see a system where you could type "/afk" and you were marked as so. I'm not a LUA coder so I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement, but it'd be a nice simple feature to support a revolutionary RP dynamic.

RE: Drug Processing / Other - Arth - 06-28-2022

Drug Processing +1

It would be more enjoyable if there was an actual process of drug processing, and not just you pressing e on it and after 5 minutes it comes out. Every time I process something, I just go afk and wait five minutes, mostly because there's nothing else to do. If there was like some keybinds you need to press for it to successfully cook & process it, it would make it more challenging and more fun. 

Weapon Drops  50/50

Good idea, but increases minges and rdmers. Maybe if the user who kills the guy with the gun has to have a certain amount of playtime because a lot of people would use this to get a gun and just shoot a lot of people. Would make more PKs, RDMers, NITRP, etc.

IC Map  [b]+1[/b]

Feature is already in the game if you go to one of the NPC's in City Hall, and you ask for direction and it lists a bunch of stores. Would be cool to add a more realistic paper map that shows where everything is, as well as having a compass to know which direction you are going.

Chop Shop NPC +1

Most people who steal cars ingame are just minges, but this could add something into the game making grand theft auto actually useful. I agree with the users stealing the cars should be pk active if they die, but it is kind of hard not to die if you steal a car and the person who owns a car has a gun, mostly because its easy to kill somebody with a gun while they're a car.

Medical System +1

There was a EMS faction a few months ago, and I agree that it would bring back more RP. I also like the idea if you die, EMS can bring you back, but this could also be a downside. Maybe like if you are unconscious after being shot in the chest, but if you get shot in the head you shouldn't be able to be brought back to life, also kind of a FiveM suggestion LOL. 

Off Duty  50/50
 Already allowed ingame

Legal/Illegal Jobs  +1
You can't really make money if you aren't in a faction, and the server isn't fun if you aren't in a faction. Having an illegal job, would not only be fun for new players, but even for old players who create new characters and are looking for money. Especially for legal jobs, you don't make a lot of money if you are a taxi driver or a speedy delivery driver.

RE: Drug Processing / Other - Canadian-bacon - 06-28-2022

Drug Processing:

We've obviously looked into this before. Comes down to limitations and development. Finding the right balance between complexity and gameplay, but it'd likely happen one day.

Weapon drops:

No, encourages killing and loss for the wrong reasons. Money doesn't end up leaving the economy.

IC Map:

It exists

F1 > Help > Map

Chop shop NPC:

Can't get around the inherent possible abuse of having a friend let you chop shop their car. If you have an idea that works around that feel free to write it up.

Medical system:

Previous complexity of a medical system was changed due to the unoptimized lag it caused. Maybe in the future but it doesnt seem likely.

Off duty:

I myself have written up a concept for this and I would possibly like seeing it implemented. Time will tell.

Legal/Illegal jobs:

Again I'v written some soft re-designs of things that can/will be done. In reality legality and illegality are more of a closely married concept than most realize.