Diverge Networks
console banned for alting - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: console banned for alting (/showthread.php?tid=4086)

console banned for alting - Yung Rock - 07-04-2022

Your Name: rockie

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:99532740 and STEAM_0:1:167301020 (Main acc, originally got a 5 day ban)

Reason for ban: Alt Account of: STEAM_0:1:167301020

Length of ban: Perm

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): So I got on today with my main acc, played for some hours and ended up getting arrested for having a illegal gun, talked to the cops for a solid hour trying to get the plea deal down. Cops then left me for half an hour to get a lawyer, when the lawyer came we talked for 5 minutes and then he went afk, I then waited for the better part of a hour and decided to hop off to get some food.
After I ate I wanted to hop on my older acc where I have my sanzekai char, so I did and I played for a little over an hour, then I had to restart my gmod and I did, but when I tried to join the server it said I was banned for alting. I then checked the ban page and saw that my main acc had been banned for ltap and nitrp.
Not appealing the LTAP ban but the alitng ban, as I didn't think my main acc would get banned, as I would have still been in the pd cell when I got on again. Other admins havent had a problem with me having to accounts, as I've played on and off this server for a few years. 

Why should you be unbanned? Wasn't aware that my other acc got banned, it got banned as I was playing on another char. Logs with check up

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): No.

RE: console banned for alting - AlexLV - 07-04-2022

The reason he got banned isn't a rule in the rulebook

RE: console banned for alting - Infamy - 07-04-2022

Well, you knew you were banned and you decided it'd be in your best interest to switch steam accounts and play on the server on another account to evade your ban.

(07-04-2022, 02:08 AM)AlexLV Wrote: The reason he got banned isn't a rule in the rulebook

Global Rules

7. Punishment Evasion: If you have received a punishment on any of our platforms, under no circumstances are you to try and evade. If it prevents you from accessing a platform, submit an appeal on our forums or wait it out if it's timed.

RE: console banned for alting - Yung Rock - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 03:29 AM)Infamy Wrote: Well, you knew you were banned and you decided it'd be in your best interest to switch steam accounts and play on the server on another account to evade your ban.

(07-04-2022, 02:08 AM)AlexLV Wrote: The reason he got banned isn't a rule in the rulebook

Global Rules

7. Punishment Evasion: If you have received a punishment on any of our platforms, under no circumstances are you to try and evade. If it prevents you from accessing a platform, submit an appeal on our forums or wait it out if it's timed.

As I said in the appeal, I didn't know I was banned. I found out when I had to rejoin on my other account. My main account got banned as I was playing on my other account. 
At the time I decided to hop on my account with my sanzekai char I wasn't aware I was getting banned.
And seeing as you're in the faction that's beefing with AP 13 I don't think you are a person who can be unbiased in this matter
Didn't expect to be banned for LTAP or NITRP as it has never happened to me before. I physically cant LTAP due to me being locked in the PD cells. Previosly you could just continue the rp when you get on again.

(07-04-2022, 03:29 AM)Infamy Wrote: Well, you knew you were banned and you decided it'd be in your best interest to switch steam accounts and play on the server on another account to evade your ban.

Global Rules

Ask Pendred, if I wanted to ban evade I would. But with my agreement with him I'm not on Diverge to troll, hence my ban appeal.

console banned for alting - Rem - 07-05-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 week.