Diverge Networks
Luke Roger Unban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Luke Roger Unban (/showthread.php?tid=4090)

Luke Roger Unban - i dont know what to call this - 07-04-2022

Your Name: Luke roger

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:1:519588464

Reason for ban: RDM | PO | Was already warned for same offense| Evidence has been provided

Length of ban: 5 day

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): dispute

Why should you be unbanned? Well I was banned for shooting a guy for hitting my car. I believe this ban should be removed due to it being a completly fair kill due to them hitting my car then running me over, and then i say "really gonna run me over cunt", they proceed to talk shit, i back up, i then shoot the guy as he hit my car and ran me over. The next day while im being arrested im told im being temp-pk'd and banned (For what I assumed for the same scene), This happens all at the same time so im pissed I take a 20 ish minute break and I ask verax my banner who I rdm'd, he provides me this clip (https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/qOtKsGcFhHhb_/d1337goL0x37?invite=cr-MSxWYjIsNDg5MTc3ODMs) And told me UA had looked into this aswell, he ends the conversation with "You are welcome to appeal it, again UA gave insight to the situation." So thats why im appealing this ban.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0608HgqSpE

RE: Luke Roger Unban - Verax - 07-04-2022

Hello Mr. Jaime,

I must note that you were not banned for the actions of Officer Luke Roger, you were banned from the actions of your alternate character David Jaime. Your temp-PK on Luke Roger was done in the interest of RP because other players invested time with your other character. As you must serve the ban, that character (Luke Roger) will be un-PK'd at the end of your ban as he was arrested by the NYPD. Canadian-bacon has granted me authorization to do this.

The rules that were broken are stated as follows:

General Rules
1) Use common sense, if something seems like it would be wrong, don’t do it.
2) Do not RDM/CDM/RDA/Minge/Metagame/FailRP

Killing Rules

1) You may not randomly kill someone without proper reason. (RDM)
2) You may not kill someone or escalate a confrontation to murder just for verbal disrespect/argument.
-However if someone continues to disrespect you, you may physically intimidate or hit them. (Fists, melee weapon) As continued disrespect could realistically start a fight. The user then has free choice on how to respond/retaliate. If they choose to flee you may not kill them.

_____

As you can see, you escalated a confrontation and RDM'd the man that you instigated. From the clip you provided, at 43 seconds to 46 seconds, you can see that the driver of the car made two subtle moves. At exactly 44 seconds, he moved the car to the right to avoid hitting the man, and the man moved in the same direction, which is not coordinated. But the most compelling part of the evidence is at 45-46 seconds, when you see the driver make a left turn to avoid hitting you and your body gets caught up in the vehicle physics which was elongated by that model. The "intentional" hit you alleged was not done on purpose, as you can also see that the driver did not even attempt to drive away from the situation and simply parked his car 20 feet (I counted your steps) from him. Meaning, the driver did not see his actions as a form of wrongdoing as most hit and run drivers would commit to the most obvious part, run.

You broke the common sense rule from not thinking clearly about the situation, and you instigated on the driver to look for a REASON to kill him because you clearly equipped the weapon for the sake of killing him at 58 seconds.

You broke the Killing Rules, especially rule 2 and subsection 1: You may not kill someone or escalate a confrontation to murder just for verbal disrespect/argument.
-However if someone continues to disrespect you, you may physically intimidate or hit them. (Fists, melee weapon) As continued disrespect could realistically start a fight. The user then has free choice on how to respond/retaliate. If they choose to flee you may not kill them.

You cannot kill someone for verbal disrespect or an argument. You claim the reason to kill him was that he ran you over, but that can be handled legally (either 911 or suing in civil court) or via a discussion with the man as you were hit so softly that you did not lose any health points and got up in 7 seconds. For the subsection, YOU instigated the disrespect and as he retaliated by yelling at you and walking towards you, you did not utilizes, as the sub rule states, fists/melee weapons to fight with him. You went straight to shooting him with your shotgun and unequipping it fast so you don't lose it.

As I said on your previous ban appeal that was not even 3 days ago, I stated I would ban you again much longer for committing the same offense. Now I will restate that if you do RDM again, that I will ban you for an even longer amount of time. I did consult Canadian-bacon on this ticket due to the request being a PK at first, but we concluded that it was an RDM. I have reached out to the victims of the RDM to write onto this post.

I implore the Upper Administration to not appeal this request, as I have warned the player several times in game and on his notes before banning him. On his notes, he has: RDM, LTAP, Minge, Camera spam, 911 trolling, false 911 to PK people, AVDM, VDM, Metagaming, and false tickets. I gave him a lenient ban of 1 day for RDMing as he made a false report to request to RDM another player because she was a girl. Mr. Jaime has tendencies to RDM and make short sighted arguments as he does not see the repercussions of his actions and I again respectfully request his appeal be denied. Thank you.

RE: Luke Roger Unban - Mishka Arkhipov - 07-04-2022

I agree with Verax here
I lightly tapped you with my Car dealing 0 damage and you shot me instead please use common sense
Call the Cops or ask for Me to pay your Medical Bill Don't shoot me after I say go fuck yourself
Attempt to RP next time Buddy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/979912950666125332/993623235079983194/unknown.png
0 Damage taken

(Sorry if its short On Mobile and at 4th of July Cookout)

RE: Luke Roger Unban - zerodan21 - 07-04-2022

I was present when this interaction took place and David jamie seemed like you wanted to be hit staying in the road and not moving. On top of that you were completely confrontational towards the other guy and escalated the situation. Once the crowd was gathered you took your opportunity since you didn’t get your way, and shoot the guy and tried to run away. I have to agree with Verax and personally say you got off lightly compared to how it could have ended. It would be in poor manner to have David Jamie unbanned when you were in the wrong in very obvious and clear case.

Luke Roger Unban - Chadderman - 07-05-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules