Diverge Networks
Patches Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Patches Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=414)

Patches Ban Appeal - Patches214 - 01-11-2021

Your Name: Patch 
Your SteamID:https://steamcommunity.com/id/ALTOSPROFILE/
Reason for ban: Propclimb and Lying to staff
Length of ban: 3 days 
Reason for Appeal: I was not given any time to defend myself and never spawned a prop to climb  but I did use a chair that was there which I thought was put there in rp. When I tried to speak they screamed and played cassetes making it hard on me and I was un fairly banned, Just to add this is the staff that will spawn a browning Machine gun then light up a bar thats rping 
Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://medal.tv/clips/41103719/d1337fO10IUE

https://gyazo.com/296ec061bf818c76398f3371c653723d
https://gyazo.com/e77232990370c64bc16310d1d9ff727e

More counts of sudo acting upon himself abusing his powers

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Sudo - 01-11-2021

Hello, as the Administrator who dealt with this situation I would like to put my input.

You first state, "I was not given any time to defend myself"; This is completely and utterly wrong, we sat on a roof for 30+ minutes attempting to deal with the situation and I even brought you to a private room to let you explain certain parts without them hearing - This can be further checked in logs and/or proven by the two other individuals who were at the sit.

Secondary, "never spawned a prop to climb in and had a taxi cab driver boost me" this is once again false, your "partner-in-crime" caught you out of this lie and stated you used a prop to climb the ladders into the building - Proof to back my statement; (https://medal.tv/clips/41103918/d13374j6czKr), May I also add Sydney your "partner-in-crime" further admitted to you using the prop at least 3-4 times.

Thirdly, your last statement says I will spawn in weapons to mess with roleplay, I have never interrupted people's roleplay but will admit I have messed around with several of my friends during the low player counts where I can ensure that my actions will not directly affect or set-back any server players... Thomas Bilotti one of the individuals in the bar has vouched and stated I can use this quote in my response; "Regarding the situation in the bar, we were all completely fine with it, we weren't roleplaying and we all had many laughs with Sudo that night."

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Sydney - 01-11-2021

+1 I was there. First off, I was almost banned for the same length of time as Patch for "prop climbing" before I had to yell at Sudo about me never having any warns (as he was not listening to me), which was his responsibility in the first place to check to see if I did. That is the first instance of incompetency. 

We were trying to get into the apartment, where the door was wide open, but I wasn't able to go inside because it was blocked off. Sudo insisted that there was no prop there, but there was something invisible blocking the door that did not allow me to go in. Second off, when I spawned in the chair, it was in rp. In real life, you would use furniture (or a ladder) to break into places. I spawned in a chair to climb up a ladder, which is accessible to the public. The window was then open and we climbed in. It was harmless fun, they got their things back, and he was sent back to roleplay. 

About 20 minutes later, he was taken back to an admin sit (after the first sit happened) where they said that they wanted him to have "ooc" consequences even though everything had already been settled. That makes no sense whatsoever. If it was already settled, why did they want another sit? After a lengthy conversation, Patch was banned. 

I'm both saying this as an appeal and as a report, Sudo has done many, many things to hinder roleplay. He often inputs his staff character into roleplay situations, and the biggest offender was last night. Sudo blew things up, hindered roleplay (by making people hide and take cover) all because him and his staff friend were trying to blow each other up. He was in the sky with browning machine guns and shooting all over the city. He explains it as "harmless fun with a friend during minge hour", so if he can do that, why is he banning people for three days for prop climbing? He also posted an event about one of my characters a couple weeks ago where it almost lead to my character being pk'd even though it was "just a joke." (If you want proof, I can provide it). He is saying that using a chair in rp is prop climbing onto a hanging ladder is breaking immersion and abusive but he's abusing his staff powers by spawning in guns for an "ooc event" and using an unapproved /event? Alright my dude. 

If any staff have any questions, feel free to message me at Sydney#2977. I would love to have a civilized conversation about this. Even if Patch does not get banned, as I don't know about the whole "lying to staff" situation, I feel like Sudo needs to take his job more seriously and be a lot less hypocritical. I think the ban should *at least* be reduced to one day, maybe less given the specific circumstances. 

Thank you.

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Patches214 - 01-11-2021

Sudo. Maybe if there wasnt 2 kids with broken english and a cassete in my ear I could tell my side .

Hello Sydney,

When you first reported the issue with the front doors of the apartment building being blocked, I flew over to it to check & further checked logs several times to see if anyone in the Lucchese Crime Family spawned any props which could have been used to block the door BUT nothing was found instead several roleplay-styled props were shown in the logs - I also confirmed this with you two separate times; when I first found out & when you requested to be brought to the admin sit.

Regarding the blowing up of vehicles, this was Rem's Ambulance which we both laughed off and didn't see as a major deal... The idea that further came up that I blew up another person's car is wrong as I never did such a thing but sure, if you have proof put it forward.

"Unapproved events" is honestly quite a touchy subject as the small events I have done have either been done for people that have asked me to do so, example; PDs electrical fault scenario which wasn't harmless but the idea was brought up by a player who at that time in roleplay had the main job to fix the fault but instead of doing it straight away he wanted to make it more of a deeper situation which could be resolved instantly, in my opinion this is what we need, small things that people can do on "dull" sections of roleplay.

The event that you are talking about that nearly "PK'd your character" was overseen by myself and I witnessed the whole situation unfold, I am not going to sit here and recall every single step of the event but ultimately you scammed a business which is respected and protected by several other large factions.

Spawning in a prop to overcome an obstacle for own personal gain which was then removed to prevent others from using it is prop abuse, let's say you went to a warehouse, grab it, took it all the way back, kept it there, then went back later to put it in the warehouse then it would have been roleplay friendly.

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Patches214 - 01-11-2021

After talking to sudo. I do realize that I was at a wrong place at a wrong time now yes the situation could have went way better on both sides. All im asking is a small punishment

After I spoke with Patch, quite honestly we can both see how the situation was from each others shoes and how messy of a situation it had become over time, yes even though the ban was valid (as we both agree) I still believe that a shorter ban should be accepted - My suggestion sticks with 1 Day.

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Sydney - 01-11-2021

"The event that you are talking about that nearly "PK'd your character" was overseen by myself and I witnessed the whole situation unfold, I am not going to sit here and recall every single step of the event but ultimately you scammed a business which is respected and protected by several other large factions." 

This is a lie, because if you would have 'witnessed the whole situation unfold', you would know that not even two minutes later Timmy and I worked out a deal because I went right back. Everything was fine until you posted, not one--but two--events about it. Here is the video of me almost being PK'd because of your event (https://medal.tv/clips/40046329/d1337sClUh2V). Also, nobody asked you to do that event. Not me nor Metrail, as you brought the idea to him and he was just like "sure." If I'm wrong on this Metrail, let me know but that's how you explained it to me. 

"Regarding the blowing up of vehicles, this was Rem's Ambulance which we both laughed off and didn't see as a major deal... The idea that further came up that I blew up another person's car is wrong as I never did such a thing but sure, if you have proof put it forward."

With your gun, you blew up a car in front of the restaurant. I don't know why you're doing events for you and your staff friends, which is certainly abuse of /event. A /event is supposed to be for the whole server event, a specific faction event, or for a PK, but you decided to use it, multiple times last night, because you and you staff friend were spawning in weapons and blowing each other up. You said that the attack was targeted, in which some people outside of the bar thought it was specifically targeted towards them--including me, who was at the bar. 

"Spawning in a prop to overcome an obstacle for own personal gain which was then removed to prevent others from using it is prop abuse, let's say you went to a warehouse, grab it, took it all the way back, kept it there, then went back later to put it in the warehouse then it would have been roleplay friendly."

It was not removed for at least 20 minutes, possibly even longer. It was kept there, as it didn't prevent anyone from using it. They could have used it as much as they wanted to, thought I'm not sure who "they" are that you are referring to.  It was a roleplay prop to use in roleplay. I cannot go to a warehouse to grab anything, as they do not exist in roleplay unless you spawn them in.

My point still stands, if you are minging with your friend and affecting the server with your events, spawning in not roleplay props but guns to blow cars up and kill your friend with, then why is it a three day ban for someone who climbed up a chair to get to a hanging ladder? 

I did not see the updated thread topics, I believe a one-day ban is acceptable as well.

RE: Patches Ban Appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-11-2021

I will be handling the administration on this ban. From what I can defer this ban was somewhat warranted, however due to the process of handling the incident, the users past bans and the minor offense I will be reducing the ban to 12 hours. Furthermore I want to take this time to warn Patch directly that PET flag abuse will cause you to lose them, regardless of any donator status, active or not.

As for the alleged incident regarding Sudo at the 'Bar' I'd direct any involved members with evidence to either file an official report here: https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forum...php?fid=16
or message a member of Upper Administration.