Diverge Networks
Cyril's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Cyril's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=420)

Cyril's Staff Application - Cyril - 01-11-2021

In-Game Name(s): Andre B. Shelton; Deputy District Attorney Aleksandr Vladimiravitch 
Steam Name: Cyril
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198965858776
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:502796524
Discord Username: Cyril#2008
Total playtime on Server: upwards of 30 hours
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I'm pretty much playing this server anytime I'm not at work or school, so I would be able to commit to several hours almost every day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I have a basic understanding of how Nutscript functions, but beyond that not really. I am a quick learner though, and I am motivated to learn more.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *

I love playing Garry's Mod first and foremost. I have been involved in several RP  servers in the past few years, and I have really connected myself to the community. Secondly I have a lot of experience in clerical and administrative roles/activities. I spend a lot of my time keeping people on track and doing paperwork IRL, so using my experience would help things run smoothly on the server would work well with me. I also have a background in communication, problem solving, and public speaking as a state, national, and international debater, and I would like to use that to help settle disagreements between players and streamline the RP process in general.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I believe that I should be chosen over other candidates for three primary reasons. The first of which is that I am invested in the on goings of the server. I care about our niche community, and I care about the RP experience and immersion. I remember being 16 and hoping onto a mafia RP server for the first time. I didn't know any of the slang, any of the rules, or anybody who played the game, but I found a group of people who out cared enough to show me the ropes and help me climb. I am eternally grateful for those who decide to go out of there way to help others have a good time, and I want to be able to do that on a macro level as a member of staff. The second reason that I should be chosen above other candidates is that I am a people person at heart. I strive to make connections with people, solve their problems, and make sure that everyone leaves a staff situation satisfied. The third reason is my skill set. The various hostile cross examinations that I have been in through out my years in debate have taught me to thrive under pressure, to think on the spot, to answer tough questions, to explain confusing, to speak persuasively, and to deescalate emotional moments.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * 

I would say so. I have a reputation as one of the most active and experienced lawyers on the server. My reputation spans several previous mafia RP servers as well, as both Aleksandr Vladimiravitch and Cosmo Jewenstien. I have been involved in the broader Garry's Mod RP community for quite a while. I would say that most if not every player that has interacted with me has positive things to say about both OOC and IC.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Record it and make a ticket. If I was the only staff on then I claim the ticket after switching to my staff character and then proceed as a normal staff situation: gathering information and punishing the rule violator if needed. If I am uninvolved entirely then I would switch to my staff character and wait for a ticket then proceed as a normal staff situation. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would report it to the staff member's immediate superior, and if that did not resolve the issue I would speak to my their immediate superior and so on until the issue is resolved.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:  I would proceed as normal, pulling them into a staff situation and punishing them if needed. I would not give them any preferential treatment over other players.
---------------------------------------------------------

[ I noticed that the color was hard to read so here it is in white ]

In-Game Name(s): Andre B. Shelton; Deputy District Attorney Aleksandr Vladimiravitch 
Steam Name: Cyril
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198965858776
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:502796524
Discord Username: Cyril#2008
Total playtime on Server: upwards of 30 hours
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I'm pretty much playing this server anytime I'm not at work or school, so I would be able to commit to several hours almost every day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I have a basic understanding of how Nutscript functions, but beyond that not really. I am a quick learner though, and I am motivated to learn more.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *

I love playing Garry's Mod first and foremost. I have been involved in several RP  servers in the past few years, and I have really connected myself to the community. Secondly I have a lot of experience in clerical and administrative roles/activities. I spend a lot of my time keeping people on track and doing paperwork IRL, so using my experience would help things run smoothly on the server would work well with me. I also have a background in communication, problem solving, and public speaking as a state, national, and international debater, and I would like to use that to help settle disagreements between players and streamline the RP process in general.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I believe that I should be chosen over other candidates for three primary reasons. The first of which is that I am invested in the on goings of the server. I care about our niche community, and I care about the RP experience and immersion. I remember being 16 and hoping onto a mafia RP server for the first time. I didn't know any of the slang, any of the rules, or anybody who played the game, but I found a group of people who out cared enough to show me the ropes and help me climb. I am eternally grateful for those who decide to go out of there way to help others have a good time, and I want to be able to do that on a macro level as a member of staff. The second reason that I should be chosen above other candidates is that I am a people person at heart. I strive to make connections with people, solve their problems, and make sure that everyone leaves a staff situation satisfied. The third reason is my skill set. The various hostile cross examinations that I have been in through out my years in debate have taught me to thrive under pressure, to think on the spot, to answer tough questions, to explain confusing, to speak persuasively, and to deescalate emotional moments.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * 

I would say so. I have a reputation as one of the most active and experienced lawyers on the server. My reputation spans several previous mafia RP servers as well, as both Aleksandr Vladimiravitch and Cosmo Jewenstien. I have been involved in the broader Garry's Mod RP community for quite a while. I would say that most if not every player that has interacted with me has positive things to say about both OOC and IC.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: N/A
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Record it and make a ticket. If I was the only staff on then I claim the ticket after switching to my staff character and then proceed as a normal staff situation: gathering information and punishing the rule violator if needed. If I am uninvolved entirely then I would switch to my staff character and wait for a ticket then proceed as a normal staff situation. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would report it to the staff member's immediate superior, and if that did not resolve the issue I would speak to my their immediate superior and so on until the issue is resolved.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:  I would proceed as normal, pulling them into a staff situation and punishing them if needed. I would not give them any preferential treatment over other players.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - AutictekPanda - 01-11-2021

+1 He's a smart guy and very useful and helpfulk

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Cosmothecat - 01-11-2021

-1 from me you asked for +1s in republican discord.

https://discord.com/channels/792502156484804638/792502157156679733/798317248808747029

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Hertch - 01-11-2021

+1
Competent which is surprising these days. The staff team needs more active, well rounded, & knowledgeable members like this.

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Rem - 01-11-2021

Asking for +1s by @everyone in a discord
If you want to get staff, get it with honest votes.

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Spectator - 01-12-2021

-1 Hard to read | Asked for +1's earn that bud | Do not see them on very often

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Micky - 01-12-2021

I don't think you'll be a suitable candidate due to the fact that you have no previous staff experiences. I don't think you'll fit, but that's my opinion.

You as-well asked for vouches.

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - Wish - 01-12-2021

You had a nice application, but the no previous experience stands out, and you asked for +1s, so mine is gonna be a -1 here.

RE: Cyril's Staff Application - ayo - 01-14-2021

Saw the @, don’t think you’d be good for the staff team.

Cyril's Staff Application - Pendred - 02-01-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.