Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4251)

Ban Appeal - Felipe Balls - 07-30-2022

Your Name: Felipe Rivera

Your SteamID :  [color=var(--text-normal)](STEAM_0:1:159835672)[/color]

Reason for ban: "Attempted MRDM"

Length of ban: 12 hours

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I was at the wedding, towards the end of it Megan announced something, once she announced it everyone began going wild pulling out their guns and shooting. In result I had stood up and pulled out my weapon and fired one shot into the air, after that I had sat back down, then everyone continued shooting and the bullets were ricocheting so I had ran around with my gun out and attempted to fire back at someone firing towards me, to try to escape I ran outside where I was banned.

Why should you be unbanned? I genuinely didn't have any intentions of killing a massive amount of people, (which I didn't),  however I suppose I can see how this seems, I do apologize for letting off a few shots, although I would like for it to be known that there were approximately 7+ people running around as well gunning down people. I feel my reaction was justified however I may understand how it may not seem that way.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1002718905980174407/1002723577306558545/trim.26A8978F-6852-4E1B-9967-5ED0EA86300E.mov

(I'm the tall one towards the left in the beginning of the video in a trench coat)

RE: Ban Appeal - Sammy - 07-30-2022

So if you were banned by me for 12 hours. ( And that was kind of me. ) It's not because of the clip you sent there. Later in the event, you took the same weapon model that we see in the clip ( Glock 17 ), and aimed it towards the crowd of 20 people that were running out and started emptying your magazine. I just took you out for trying to MassRDM. I also gagged you and even after that clear warning you continued to minge. I also think that 12 hours was legit. I undertsand that it was a mingey moment, but still, you tried to Mass RDM.

RE: Ban Appeal - Felipe Balls - 07-30-2022

The clip I sent included the end of the event, where Megan was shot and everyone began leaving. If you watch the very end of the clip you can see there are only 7-9 people left in the area, and by then when the last remaining people had left, my gun was already out of ammo, and when I had been given the ban, I was already outside and everyone had left. Also you can see all the decorations begin to disappear towards the end of the video signaling the end of the event.

RE: Ban Appeal - Sammy - 07-30-2022

I do undertsand your point. But we do not really see your point of view here. in that clip we can barelly see you taking that firearm out and shooting in the entryway. I cannot affirm that you were "Really shooting at a guy that shot you" because of how mingey the moment was. 30 people at the same time just kill each other. But I am pretty sure that you aimed towards that entryway and shot a couple of rounds. Not having a presice idea who to shoot in that situatiion. I would call that attempted MassRDM.

RE: Ban Appeal - Felipe Balls - 07-30-2022

I can see how it may have seemed and what not, I suppose the video had not fully captured my point of view, although having me in perspective. I will admit the moment was quite the cluster, however I do question why I was banned out of the massive group of people with big assault rifles and shotguns, it could just be that you had seen me and that's the way things had seemed off first glance, which I cannot blame you for. However in the video at 00:35 you can see me get up and run towards the front of the stage (Tall man in the black trenchcoat and hat) where you had said I was firing blindly, I let off approximately 2-3 shots total before my gun jams as I run out of ammo, I did however hit my target/perpetrator. I just feel the 12 hours was a tad bit unnecessary as everyone and their mother was present with an assault rifle firing around, I'd just like to ask if possible that the ban be lifted early, I work and what not, I'm just trying to enjoy my few days off before I have little time to play, hopefully you can understand my friend.

RE: Ban Appeal - Verax - 07-30-2022

Just because other people are doing something wrong (RDMing), doesn't make it right. However, there was a point where Sammy informed he tried to speak to you about it and had to gag you. Regardless, the ban seems slightly long, and so I will reduce it to 6 hours. However, seeing that you already served the 4, I will make it 2 hours.

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 2 hours.