Diverge Networks
More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian (/showthread.php?tid=4253)

More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Fisher - 07-30-2022

I think the existing criminal ways to make money is really wonky, mainly because the only crime you can do outside of a faction with like only 500 dollars is grow weed for minimal to diminishing returns, I've almost never made any money growing weed, compared to faction hustles.

Here's some things that could be added:

NPC quests for trafficking or other crimes.

Not exactly like the delivery driving but similar, you are given an item that the police can confiscate(when warranted or if the cops are willing to go down that legal battle) with reason, give the person a sum of money with higher returns than deliveries, taxis, public works, and weed growing, all of the missions randomized and given when an NPC is interacted with, giving better quality jobs the longer they work.  Essentially just criminal variations of the legal starting jobs  Rewards might vary to:

A) Processed drugs(ie. Baggies of coke, heroin, imported weed, etc.)

B) Cash

C) Bricks of low-grade drugs(Opium, LSD, Meth)

D) After a greatly extended amount of time, the chance to get refined bricks(very rare)

E) Low quality weapons(melee, low capacity/damage guns after extended periods of working)

I feel like this would provide a high risk-reward return environment for the new or unaffiliated criminal players(large majority of the unaffiliated people), and provide more interesting ways of making money than just doing the same old drive from point A to B with a crate that gives you 12 dollars and pocket lint.

Ability to grow plant-based drugs(opium, higher quality weed, coca which I will go into detail later about), freebasing, and the implementation of a "Reverse Processor"

Being able to grow drugs that aren't just the low-quality marijuana that sells for a dirty sock would expand the opportunities of what a civilian or unaffiliated criminals could do, simple as that.

Like I mentioned, we should introduce Coca leaves to sell to NPCs, or to trade to NPCs for lower quality cocaine(would rename racket-bought Cocaine and Cocaine bags to "imported cocaine", like the Imported Marijuana racket.)

As for Freebasing, "Freebasing" is the process in which you remove the salt from the chemical makeup of coke.  Removing the salt with Diethyl Ether(usually just named "Ether"), or other substances such as ammonia or lye. After freebasing cocaine, the resulting substance is Crack Cocaine(this is just a reason to re-add Crack Cocaine because it is dumb that its not already inside the 80s era game set in NYC/Miami), the process would be similar to watering a plant by just adding in the coke, then some form of chemical(each chemical gives a set quality to the coke that makes it either less profitable or more profitable.), then you sell it to an NPC.

As for a reverse processor, its literally what the name says, you take 10 baggies of your (STREET MADE, NON RACKET)drug then turn them into a brick to sell to the corresponding NPC.

The reasoning I think stuff like this should be added is mainly to give new players and people who are not in factions an opportunity to make a solid amount of cash instead of just doing legal work like oil.

If this suggestion seems horribly formatted its because it is, I am making this at like 3 AM.

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Whiplash - 07-30-2022

+1 If implemented right would lead to a lot more citizen RP

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Guitar Guy - 07-30-2022

+1 I agree there should be other drugs that civs can do besides weed. If there is a way it could be implemented right then it would be a cool addition.

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - justcallmeryan - 07-30-2022

-1, Although this sounds like a good idea it will inevitably "buff" the civilian faction and make it viable in the long run, this will lead to civilian factions popping up with less incentive to join a crime family, and unfortunately, the way the server's rules are currently set up civilian factions are always a headache in RP and staff wise.

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Fisher - 07-30-2022

(07-30-2022, 05:39 PM)justcallmeryan Wrote: -1, Although this sounds like a good idea it will inevitably "buff" the civilian faction and make it viable in the long run, this will lead to civilian factions popping up with less incentive to join a crime family, and unfortunately, the way the server's rules are currently set up civilian factions are always a headache in RP and staff wise.

"Buffing" the civilian faction is kind of what I want.  I think that the fact that so many crime families directly run so many things is kind of weird, especially when petty drug dealers and manufacturers were taking over the drug game aswell as street gangs and cartels(kinda).  What I want is to create a new way to play the game that doesn't involve joining a faction(criminal or legal), and make the citizen faction viable.

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - mebjr - 07-31-2022

It was the 80s, lots of lower level crime especially with war on drugs
+1 

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Upir - 08-01-2022

+1 good idea,also more legal work will be nice

RE: More (criminal) ways to make money as a civilian - Pendred - 01-07-2023

The whole purpose of being a Civilian is that that there's very limited options available to you for profitable illegal work. The concept of MafiaRP is joining or creating your own organisation which comes with money making opportunities and being able to do more.