Diverge Networks
Character Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Character Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4333)

Character Appeal - davidleffler19 - 08-11-2022

[color=var(--text-normal)]Name of Character: Majorino Soprano
 SteamID:STEAM_0:1:465728255
 Date of PK: 8/11/2022
Reason for PK: "breaking fear rp"
Why should you be unPK'd?: I have a few points as to why I should be unpked. Reason 1: Several of my other faction members were nearby (within ear shot) of me and were able to retaliate on my behalf, in the rules it states that mugging is allowed in placed void of people/npcs, in this clip I provided, you see my good friend hector with his gun out almost at the window of the bar, this breaks the rule, during the sit, the staff and the player argued that when said player looked around, it was void, but obviously in the clip you see my friend literally running over to the bar. Reason 2: In the rules it states "If the person with the weapon puts it away or turns his line of sight (Meaning the user has turned completely away and is not even slightly facing you. Usually an angle of larger than 90 degrees), fearRP becomes null and you may take the window of opportunity to retaliate with little to no risk. (Does not apply if multiple weapons are pointed at you)" This alone is enough to invalidate the pk considering the guy put his gun away and reloaded it giving me the window of opportunity to run away, before he even started giving me more commands, I was already running away, I also dont believe that fear rp is just immediately brought back as soon as he pulls the gun back out, he stopped pursuing me when he noticed my friend was outside the restaurant and he proceeded to collect himself then go back to kill me. The fear rp was invalidated the second he put the gun away.
If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: [color=var(--text-link)]https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/waAwpawgFHiiO/d1337ZEf90qC?invite=cr-MSx2N08sNDQ1MTk0MjQs/
[color=var(--text-muted)](edited)[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

RE: Character Appeal - ExodusMal - 08-11-2022

I am Hector Dalemanca, (hold your applause) and I can confirm that I was in fact literally right outside the restaurant. Unfortunately, I do not have a clip as I saw this pk to be so invalid that I never imagined it would even be argued. But, it is proven in the clip that I was present and even running towards the bar, meaning the area was not void of people.

RE: Character Appeal - Sammy - 08-11-2022

Hello. So you were PKed because, as we can see in the clip. The guy took out a Mac11 and decided to aim it towards you and mug you. This was determine that it was not a public space and the building was ok for mugging. He then, like showed in the clip. ran away from the guy and got killed. Indeed, the same mugger got PKed by a person in the same faction as Waterman ( Original guy that got PKed and posted this thread ). I also got Smurf looking after me on this one and approving it too.

RE: Character Appeal - davidleffler19 - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 04:52 AM)Sammy Wrote: Hello. So you were PKed because, as we can see in the clip. The guy took out a Mac11 and decided to aim it towards you and mug you. This was determine that it was not a public space and the building was ok for mugging. He then, like showed in the clip. ran away from the guy and got killed. Indeed, the same mugger got PKed by a person in the same faction as Waterman ( Original guy that got PKed and posted this thread ). I also got Smurf looking after me on this one and approving it too.

i get that but the rule states if he takes his gun away which he did to tie me up i had the window to run away. In the rules it states "If the person with the weapon puts it away or turns his line of sight (Meaning the user has turned completely away and is not even slightly facing you. Usually an angle of larger than 90 degrees), fearRP becomes null and you may take the window of opportunity to retaliate with little to no risk. (Does not apply if multiple weapons are pointed at you)"

RE: Character Appeal - ExodusMal - 08-11-2022

Right, the building itself is an okay spot to initiate or act out the mugging, but in our argument, I was right outside the restaurant and if it had been a second longer, I would've been inside the restaurant with my gun out, ready to shoot, the door was open, and I was outside. In the rules, it clearly states, "You may not mug in a public place, you can, however, pull a weapon on them and bring them to a secluded area to rob them (This can only be done when there is no one else around)" as we all can see in the clip, I WAS around, and seconds away from the door, this is because I saw the guy run in and was about to stop him from trespassing in the restaurant. 

Also, he invalidated the fearrp by putting away the fire arm, I showed you personally sammy that a restraint can me administered without putting away a gun.

Sammy, I appreciate your thoroughness and judgement, but I fear that you are unfortunately wrong.

RE: Character Appeal - davidleffler19 - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 04:59 AM)ExodusMal Wrote: Right, the building itself is an okay spot to initiate or act out the mugging, but in our argument, I was right outside the restaurant and if it had been a second longer, I would've been inside the restaurant with my gun out, ready to shoot, the door was open, and I was outside. In the rules, it clearly states, "You may not mug in a public place, you can, however, pull a weapon on them and bring them to a secluded area to rob them (This can only be done when there is no one else around)" as we all can see in the clip, I WAS around, and seconds away from the door, this is because I saw the guy run in and was about to stop him from trespassing in the restaurant. 

Also, he invalidated the fearrp by putting away the fire arm, I showed you personally sammy that a restraint can me administered without putting away a gun.

Sammy, I appreciate your thoroughness and judgement, but I fear that you are unfortunately wrong.

I would just like to say to this that the other guy who got pk'd got pk'd just to ruin my experience on the server which is a really not a friend move in my book and something we didnt add which supposedly dont matter is there was a npc on the other side of the wall and i fi was that npc i wouldve done something especially since you buy guns and stuff from him he would surely have a piece also Hector was already coming around the corner if i hadnt run he would've just shot him anyway but i still had the window to run since he put the gun away and you cant just bring it back up as im already running out the door i would stop litteraly at the door and hector would surely see me and once again shoot him. im a semi serious rp'r to be honest but that dont change anything ive been majorino soprano since typhon.net i find this as a stupid reason to lose a character and i dont care if the other guy gets un pk'd as well i just dont want to lose my character and lose the family i have created on this server 

thankyou- Majorino

RE: Character Appeal - Verax - 08-15-2022

While the victim does take the opportunity to run when the mugger puts the mac 11 away he quickly pulls it back out and to re-issue commands and the man keeps running away. Thus, this PK is legitimate.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.