Diverge Networks
Cosmo's staff app - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Cosmo's staff app (/showthread.php?tid=4368)

Cosmo's staff app - Cosmothecat - 08-19-2022

In-Game Name(s): Brody Walsh,  Cosmo Cardwell
Steam Name: Cosmothecat
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198916892652/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:478313462
Discord Username: sharky28#6419  ( yes I changed accounts )
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2w 2d 20h 34m.
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New york
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 99% of my server time (unless EMS gets revived).  About 2-3 h weekday 3-4 or more weekends
Have you read the rules?: yes
Do you have a working microphone?: yes but use it when needed
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: yes I remember most but a little refresher might be nice.
I remember certain rules that staff abide by ( at least from over a year ago ) 
You can’t change a player's name unless it's a failrp name or a judge approves.
Screenshots are not taken as evidence since it can be easily forged.
You can’t change property owners unless a proper deed and confirmation has been given.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
  I was a Moderator here for a little over a year now I think. My best times I've had on gmod were here on staff and I miss those days now. I was recently looking over old clips and most of them were from here.  I find it rewarding to help other people even just here on an online game. This server was great and still is great and I want to help moderate it again. I have seen this server grow from being here when Fire dept was a thing and EMS was just starting up to where live pd was streamed by the New York Times. The server is the best place on gmod to rp and there’s less and less nowadays. I want to help keep this server a great place to roleplay and help players that might be new to it or punish those who want to ruin it.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
I should be considered over other candidates because I was a Moderator for a while. I know my way around staff commands / logs ( unless major changes were made ) I remember mostly all the commands ( unless more were added ). I have had much experience with handling loads and loads of tickets that come in and keeping a cool head. Also with an overall ticket count of I believe it was near 500 to 800 tickets done for diverge I have been around.  I was also considered a great staff member by Pendred . I have been with the server for a long time, almost near the initial launch of it. So I have a lot of experience in how the server operates and works. My strengths are honesty, being nice, fair, always ready to help others, communication and coordination, and lastly always wanting to improve and learn new things. My weakness,  yes I will show my weaknesses cause that only shows that not everyone is perfect no matter what. So my biggest weakness is the fear of messing up or making a mistake. I try to never make a mistake but that's impossible, it's just basic human nature. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Diverge Networks:  Almost a full year | Left due to mental health and getting busy
Clay knight gaming: Milrp | senior mod I believe | left cause the server went down.

Liberty gaming: Milrp | Super admin / dev | left cause the server went down.

Monolith servers: City rp | Mentor | I’ll leave if I get accepted here.

Was a dev on many other servers either full time or part or just helping out.  

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
Not that I know of.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  Right now I don’t think many people would even know me except a few staff members and players. I think my reputation with them would still be pretty high. A year ago if you asked me I would think my overall reputation would be high for being nice, respectful and always willing to help.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
None

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

If a RDM report comes in / really any ticket I would hop on staff. I would take the ticket and teleport the victim to me out of sight of rp. I would ask them what happened?, Where did it happen? Do you have any evidence via clip? Screenshots are not taken because they can be easily forged. While asking basic questions. I would check logs to see what happened in the view of logs and bring the reported .   I would ask what happened and hear their side of the story.  I would check their bans and warnings and server time to see if anything like this has happened before or if they're new. With the whole story in picture I would make a decision regarding if any rule has been broken on either side. Then I will find a resolution that best fits the situation if a rule has indeed been broken. I would close by telling anyone involved “Have a great day!” or “Have a nice night!”.

If I was RDMed I would make a ticket like anyone else cause it would be a conflict of interest if I handled it myself.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

I would get evidence of them abusing and report them to UA. If they were heavily abusing and causing harm to the server I would try and stop / mitigate damages while contacting UA and other staff.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

I would treat them like anyone else and give them no special treatment. If a game would affect my friendship with them, why would I be their friend?

Notes + clear ups:

Yes I know I have left twice. A year ago I was in a pretty bad place from lockdown dealing with depression and some other stuff. All of that has cleared up and It seems like everything is back to pretty much normal from pre lockdown.

My server activity will be low right now if you view it cause I just decided to join back and will remain active until the final verdict of the application is given.

I will give my word and if I get accepted again I will stay with the staff team and not leave it again for a long time. By long time I will not leave the staff team till a minimum data of January 1st 2023 witch I will most likely stay and again you have my word.

So what have I been doing?

Well just helping out starting servers on gmod by giving advice and making addons for them. I have also taught players lua and gave them an intro into lua with gmod. Also just helping gmod be a better place.

Whatever outcome happens with this application I will be fine with but I just want anyone to know. I am sorry what happened a while back but I hope we can move past it and have a great future!

RE: Cosmo's staff app - Whiplash - 08-22-2022

-1 Have a great night

Cosmo's staff app - Rem - 08-25-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.