Diverge Networks
Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4393)

Pages: 1 2

Ban Appeal - ExodusMal - 08-23-2022

Your Name: Tony Montana

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:0:560310320

Reason for ban: Fail mug, mass rdm

Length of ban:  4 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):  Dispute

Why should you be unbanned? I have been legitimately playing and rping for a bit now, and I have a full work week consisting of all 12 hour shifts ahead of me so considering this is my only day off this week, I decided to fuck around a bit and try to hold someone hostage and do some hostage rp. First things first, we mugged one or two people to get better guns, we then found this one rich guy and brought him to the tunnels and held him hostage, we didn't mug him (all I took was a tape off of him to play in the car) and then another person started following us so we decided to try to hold them hostage as well, when we got out of the car, this person started trying to drive into us over and over (clearly was a friend of the person in the car) so we then pulled out our guns while said person was in the car and told them to get out, they saw the guns and tried to speed away, we then killed them. I want to mention, even if we didn't hold them under fearrp, they still attempted to drive us over several times, so we had a valid reason to whack them. After this, we brought said guy to the town houses to try and get the police to come for ransom. We got to the gun store area for my friend to buy ammo and this Asian guy pointed a gun at us, so we started trying to kill him, I didn't kill him and ended up dying in the process. Right after this, waddles pulls us into a sit and states we have been "mass rdming" and "fail mugging" we asked for proof, and he just went silent, said some more stuff then banned us. Now that the entire story line is on the board, I want to say why I should be unbanned, first off, its not fail mug to mug someone in a vehicle, especially considering the vehicle was stopped. Waddles argued that fail mug was us trying to rob people in moving vehicles. Second off, I believe mass rdming is when someone rdms 3+ people, I hadn't even killed 3 people in the last hour, and the other people I killed were certainly not rdms. And finally, the person I killed who tried to drive over us, 1 broke fearrp, and 2 attempted to vdm us.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): Not available at this time. 

RE: Ban Appeal - JoJo - 08-23-2022

Number One;
You attempted to fearrp moving vehicles in order to mug their occupants in a public, well lit place. Which already was  fail mugging by itself. You also claim you were “just kidnapping them” while above claiming to have been mugging only a little while before. What’s to say you weren’t just trying to cover for yourself and your friend.

Number Two:
ANOTHER staff member saw you two killing people for literally no reason in the street. 

Number Three:
You decided to come to my dms and call me retarded and insult me. Would you like me to screenshot it for everyone to see?

Number Four:
I didn’t even INCLUDE yours or your friends POs in y’all’s bans, which would have made your bans significantly longer, so you’re welcome.

And Number Five:
You can’t kidnap without a valid rp reason, which you did not have. Mugging does not count as a valid rp reason.

RE: Ban Appeal - Macho_man270 - 08-23-2022

i was the other staff member that saw this. I saw you pull out a gun and shoot at a person driving away for no reason. he told you to fuck off that is no reason to shoot at him.

RE: Ban Appeal - Arth - 08-23-2022

You obviously weren't paying attention, we asked him to step out of the vehicle with our firearms pointed at him, (his vehicle wasn't moving) and he drove off after repeatedly attempting to VDM us. If you just listened to us in the sit so we could give you context of the situation, this would of been a different outcome. Your lack of evidence proves that this ban and accusation of, "Mass RDM, Fail RP, Fail Mug" is just invalid and biased. We asked you for ANY evidence, you stopped talking, oh sorry I mean typing, and then you just banned us.

RE: Ban Appeal - ExodusMal - 08-23-2022

Dude, if you're referring to the portion when the Asian man pointed a gun at us, I literally have a clip that proves I didn't even kill anyone let alone mass rdm.
(heres the portion hes referring to) https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/xQp9iUO98gsB5/d1337ddicEzh?invite=cr-MSxnN2IsMzc2ODk0MjIs

And we did infact have an rp reason to hold the guy hostage, we had beef with the faction that he was from, and we didnt even go through with the hostage event. We were literally just about to call an admin and ask if we could make it into an event.

Also, final thing, I really hope the ua who decide on this will decide to base their verdict on facts, rather then claims. They have provided no evidence to prove we were doing such things, I know for a fact that the asian lady that we killed was killed because she tried to run us over several times, unfortunately, when I clipped the 10 minutes, it was already out of the time so I wasnt able to provide evidence. I can atleast account for the "mass rdm" claim the staff made and so I believe the "fail mug" should be treated the same way, unless they have proof of us doing it, the ban shouldnt go through, Truthfully, we did tie a person up in the tunnel near the far docks, its a secluded area, no body was around, and it was dark. 

Also, side note, its astonishing that these two neglected the idea that they should clip it, if I was a staff member, Id have every ban I do clipped and stored incase of need of evidence.

RE: Ban Appeal - JoJo - 08-23-2022

Please repost the clip with sound

My medal picks and chooses when it wants the sound to work.

regardless, it clearly shows that the Asian man initiated the gun fight, and it clearly shows that I didn’t kill a single person. You are grasping at anything to try to discredit me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone we mugged was a friend of yours and so you decided to take revenge by  banning us.

now that I have proven the “mass rdm” claim to be false, please prove that I “fail mugged”

RE: Ban Appeal - BallzInYoTonsils - 08-23-2022

(08-23-2022, 12:10 PM)ExodusMal Wrote: My medal picks and chooses when it wants the sound to work.

regardless, it clearly shows that the Asian man initiated the gun fight, and it clearly shows that I didn’t kill a single person. You are grasping at anything to try to discredit me.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone we mugged was a friend of yours and so you decided to take revenge by  banning us.

now that I have proven the “mass rdm” claim to be false, please prove that I “fail mugged”
As to your statement you made where you said "I wouldn’t be surprised if someone we mugged was a friend of yours and so you decided to take revenge by banning us., i wouldn't get someone banned if they were in your situation, seeing as they haven't been on the server for a year is not aware of what a few of the rules state and were being generous towards you offering to pay you back double after selling cocaine, even offering to comp you once the sit started some of the coke,  i was trying to be the bigger man in the situation and you just take immaturity to a new low, what a surprise from the retards in the diverge community, what else could i have expected?.

Bro what are you even talking about 

who the fuck even are you  Huh

I think you’re referring to a different situation. There was no dialogue in the sit, and I don’t know what cocaine comp you’re talking about.

(08-23-2022, 03:50 PM)Lorenzo Wrote: i would say just wait out the ban it aint a perma so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Fuck that, I was falsely banned.

plus, I don’t need anymore bans on my record.

RE: Ban Appeal - Arth - 08-24-2022

(08-23-2022, 03:44 AM)JoJo Wrote: I honestly have no clue why you banned us. We were RPing to the fullest and making sure we followed all the Mugging & FearRP rules. If you had listened to us in the sit, we could of explained that we were going to make an event out of kidnapping by getting an admin or higher to approve it. (Note that if the hostage died, it wouldn't have been a PK due to it being an event for both the Citizens and NYPD.)  Before we could make a ticket, 2 Asian Men came up to us, pointed a gun at the stolen vehicle we were operating, and said get out of the car. We complied, then he ran away and we shot at them. After we open fired on them, they killed my friend, and if you look at the rules and at the situation itself, it's Bait RDM. I was looking in the ban logs for around 15 minutes for anything under the reason, "Bait RDM, Minge." Instead of paying attention to their obvious minge activity and that they only interacted with us to bait us into shooting at them and dying, you ban us with NO CONTEXT and NO EVIDENCE of the following situation. You said, "You attempted to fearrp moving vehicles in order to mug their occupants in a public, well lit place. Which already was  fail mugging by itself. You also claim you were “just kidnapping them” while above claiming to have been mugging only a little while before. What’s to say you weren’t just trying to cover for yourself and your friend." Again, if you actually knew the rules, you would see in the FearRP Guidelines, rule 11, "When attempting to FearRP a driver or passenger inside a vehicle you must be within 5 feet of the car, your weapon must be pointed at them as you issue commands for them to exit, and the car must be immobilized, either pitted, unable to move or in a parked position. FearRP does not apply to individuals in a fast moving car." We were in fact 5 feet within the Porche 911's radius, we had 2 firearms pointed at them, we issued commands to get out of the vehicle, and it was unable to move as we had trapped it. If you have any proof against this, please provide it below. You state that we're "welcome" that you didn't add our PO's in our ban, or could it of been that you were so incompetent and irresponsible that you forgot to check our PO's and banned us without any precautions and you couldn't edit the ban since you're a moderator. If you did indeed include our PO's, this would of been a whole different situation considering the abuse on your part. If you check Killing Guidelines at Rule 7, "You may kill someone in self defense if they have refused multiple requests or commands under gunpoint to leave your private/faction property. (See Laws and Penal Codes)" We did act in self defense. Even if our main reason to kill the Porche 911 driver was invalid, we still have the ability to kill her as she was attempting to VDM us. If you have ANY evidence, wait sorry, if you have ANYTHING that can go against this claim, and not your moderator friend that was watching us for 2 minutes, then this ban will be invalidated, removed from our PO's, and we'll go along with our day. I've seen it happen before, and if you don't give the UA any evidence, the ban is considered invalid.