Diverge Networks
Rossi's Refinery - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Rossi's Refinery (/showthread.php?tid=4420)

Rossi's Refinery - TheDroppedFry - 08-25-2022

Name of Faction: Rossi's Refinery

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 5

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Limited Liability Company

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): Italian

Server Preference (UnionCity or SouthSide): SouthSide

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): TheDroppedFry#4237

Your SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112189287/

Your Server playtime: ~ 2 years

Your Faction Discord link (If you have one): TBA

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images):

Borne out of Italy, heralding from the wealthy region of Lazio; Niccolo Rossi was fond of the American ideals that reached his prosperous homeland, and only a few years after passing the National Bar Exam did he set sail for the US Northeast, migrating to the bustling state of New York. He worked a year or two in Thornwood practicing litigation as a civil attorney, but eventually came in contact with Lorenzo Sabini, an up-and-coming oil refinery businessman with Italian roots. Sharing a heritage and common ambition, the two worked in tandem as joint shareholders of the new business, with Niccolo working on the legal side of things while Sabini dealt with the business-heavy portion. They acquired a few drilling and mining licenses for lands to the west, but with the build-up of paperwork and financial management became overbearing, and the two-man team decided to hire an accountant by the name of Giovanni Carusi, whose aid kickstarted the small-time refinery company into a multi-state corporation, holding businesses and assets in various states like Minnesota, Philadelphia, Wyoming, and Texas.

[Image: petrochemical-oil-refineries-in-corpus-c...kW_5UfkWw=]

By 1984, Lorenzo's health was in rapid decline after contracting typhus during a business-oriented visit in Singapore, and he shortly died a few weeks later. Niccolo became the sole shareholder of the business, and having already accrued a sizable portion of manpower and wealth, he chose to finally take the big leap and expand into the thriving metropolis of New York City, where he would undoubtedly get involved in both business and personal endeavors.

RE: Rossi's Refinery - Whiplash - 08-26-2022

+1 Nice backstory and active oil factions are needed however I have doubts about the ability to keep the faction active with the decreased oil price I think if there were changes to this then this faction could have the possibility to be extremely successful.

RE: Rossi's Refinery - westend - 08-27-2022

Although I somewhat like the backstory, with the current dead state of the oil business, I do not see the need for another oil company. Can you elaborate on your plans on how to approach that issue? Why do we need another oil faction? I'm neutral at the moment, I will give my rating once a satisfactory answer has been provided.

RE: Rossi's Refinery - Dutch - 08-27-2022

+1 has ran an oil faction before and did well we need an active oil faction

RE: Rossi's Refinery - TheDroppedFry - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 11:04 AM)westend Wrote: Although I somewhat like the backstory, with the current dead state of the oil business, I do not see the need for another oil company. Can you elaborate on your plans on how to approach that issue? Why do we need another oil faction? I'm neutral at the moment, I will give my rating once a satisfactory answer has been provided.

I'd be glad to expand on it!

So here's what I plan on doing to create a long-lasting and self-sufficient oil business:

1. Those who are employed with Rossi's Refinery will have work shifts each day designated based on their availability. Depending on the times they work (such as graveyard shifts), they will get paid more in percentage of commission (money they make off sales of oil) so that employees will be incentivized to work longer or undesirable hours, and oil sellers will have that availability to sell their oil at practically all times.

2. We will be trying to acquire properties that have the most centralized positions on the map, AKA where they can be reached the quickest and most efficiently.

3. Inactivity will be strictly monitored within the company, since our business is constantly in high demand. Employees will be required to have a minimum amount of active time, and we will not be averse to kicking out inactive or low-performing employees.

Here's why multiple oil businesses is good for YOU, the client:

1. Competition makes oil prices go down, since companies will be competing to get the most amount of customers and traffic.

2. More legal businesses means more opportunities for mafias to expand into the legal sector, more opportunities to jumpstart entrepreneurial/legal careers by supplying employees with a good flow of money AND creating labor demand for the job as well as any subsidiary legal companies that may be created as a result of this endeavor.

3. Diversification of oil companies creates chances for brand loyalty and for sponsorships to be done by certain organizations to bring traffic to their OWN businesses. This in of itself will encourage other legal businesses to start up and make their presence around the city, which will enriched the whole state of the server's RP for the long run.

I have had past experience with running an oil company, so I am not going to make as many of the mistakes that inevitably surface for a legal businessman as a newbie might make. I hope this changes your mind!

Rossi's Refinery - Canadian-bacon - 09-16-2022

Thank you for applying for a faction.
Unfortunately your application has been denied.

We do not believe your faction or application is sufficient enough to be accepted.

You may re-apply with the above issues rectified, when re-applying keep in mind that a well written application with good grammar, and a detailed backstory will help in getting accepted.