Diverge Networks
Swingalia Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Swingalia Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=447)

Swingalia Staff Application - TheRealFestus - 01-14-2021

In-Game Name(s): J. Swingalia, Joseph "Joe" Malucci

Steam Name: Festus

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020479875/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30107073

Discord Username: TheRealFestus#2044

Total playtime on Server: 26 Hours

Time Zone: Eastern

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 12 Hours a week.

Have you read the rules?: Yes I have.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes I do.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes I understand.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No I am not.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes I understand.

-------------------------------------------------

What is your motivation/reason for applying? My motivation for applying for staff is I have become very dedicated to this server and this community. I have dedicated a lot of my time to this server and I have seen some amazing admins do some good work and that’s what really motivated me to apply for this position. I want to be able to help players that need the help. I have also seen staff members swamped by tickets and I would like to be apart of the team and help out with the support tickets. I actually care about this community and would like to become apart of the team that supports it.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: You should consider me for this position because I have very dedicated to this community. I’m also very active on the server and deal with both NYPD and Civilian sides of the server so I wouldn’t be a biased admin when it comes to being an administrator. I actually care about this community and the well being. I’m also willing to spare my free time to support the players as well as the staff on the server. That is why you should consider me for this position.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes I have plenty of staffing experience in real life and also in Garrys Mod. My staff experience with Garrys Mod is from a long time ago. From servers, you wouldn't recognize them considering they existed 5 years ago. In real life, I was a sergeant in the united states army so that's where most of my staff/leadership experience comes from.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have not been Banned from one of your servers. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say I have a very positive reputation on the server. Both on NYPD characters and my Civilian character. Both of my characters are loved on both sides, my NYPD character is known by everyone. Then my new Civilian character Joseph "Joe" Malucci is starting to become well know by my other fellow civilians. That is what I think the other players think of me, I haven't had a negative experience with any other players.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I haven't asked any staff members for their recommendation. 

-------------------------------------------------

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If someone RDMs someone while I'm off duty and I see it I would immediately handle the situation. I would go on duty and deal with the situation. I would get both sides of the story and determine the outcome from there. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: If I seen a fellow staff member with the same or higher rank do something that could be considered abuse I would consistently watch them and gather as much evidence as I could and after I gathered all I needed I would proceed to show the evidence to my fellow staff and Staff leaders and as a group come up with a verdict. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: If I had a fellow friend on the server I would make sure they knew the rules, I would then proceed to tell them if they break the rules they would be punished as anyone else would. If they then proceeded to break the rules I would punish them like anyone else.

RE: Swingalia Staff Application - Gregory Swingalia - 01-14-2021

+1, I have known this member for a long time. He is very devoted to this server, and would make a great administrator.

RE: Swingalia Staff Application - ayo - 01-14-2021

+1
Mature, intelligent, and knows the rules

Swingalia Staff Application - Pendred - 01-20-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Please ensure that you have read and understood the Staff Handbook.
Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.