Diverge Networks
KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: KOSS Evolution's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=4596)

KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - KOSS Evolution - 09-27-2022

In-Game Name(s): Alejandro Ortega (Formerly Rafael Vice), Jimmy O'Fair, Caroline Russo.

Steam Name: KOSS Evolution

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198176039281/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:107886776

Discord Username: KOSS Shifty#1115

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2w 1d 1h 27m

which Server do you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York, but I'm also in the Irish faction so I tend to also be in Union.

Time Zone: EST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-6 hours during the week and I would say 6 during the weekend

Have you read the rules?: I have and have reacted to all of them.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yup, ill be there unless something important comes up.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: A little bit but when I say a little bit I really mean a little bit.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I do.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterisk require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I enjoy playing this server so much that its kinda an addiction for me so I play it non stop, with that being said I find that there are times that I'm not really doing anything so why not do something with my time that would benefit the server as well. By that last statement no this isn't just a time filler I do truly want to be staff I just have more time on my hands than things to do so why not play and moderate at the same time? I just really enjoy being in this community, I have had almost zero bad experiences, and even the ones I would consider bad aren't really that bad, to begin with. What motivated me the most was probably the fact that every time I have ever seen staff on the server they are pretty chill and pretty decent to talk to, so I want to surround myself with more people who are chill and easy to talk to. I know this server has a pretty decent amount of people on it and although I don't really know how much the ticket load is I would like to give some of the staff who have been here longer a little less weight to carry on their shoulders. I also want to be staff because although I have been playing for about a month total time spent on the server is two weeks I would like to meet new people whether they are new to the server or I just haven't crossed paths with them. I just really enjoy playing this server, because servers like this are far and few between so when you find one that suits you, you stick with it, and for that reason, I want to staff here. I also have previous experience staffing so for me when I find a server I like then I will typically try and go for staff on them because idk why this is a thing but I just really enjoy being staff, and I don't say this to sounds power hungry I just really do enjoy being staff and I have no clue why. The server is just an enjoyable place to be and spend my time. So why not staff and help keep the thing I love alive and well?

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * The reason I should be considered for your staff team is, not only do I have a plethora of different experiences staffing on other servers I am able to keep my cool when under stress, and yeah I know everyone says that too but I'm actually dead serious when I say that. I am able to look at a situation and determine the best outcome that is not only just but suitable for both parties depending on the infraction. I have spent a lot of time on gmod so I already know the drill when it comes to how staffing typically works and the ins and outs for the most part. I'm very precise with the words I chose and very clear with the communication I make. I know everyone says that they want to do it for the community and that is true but I more so want to do this for the staff that has been here for a while, they're load will become lighter with my help. Something to take note of is I'm here for the long run because I haven't really explored everything this server has to offer yet and for that simple reason I know ill stick around for a while. I love staffing and helping out in almost any way I can, even though I'm not staff I still try to help people when they have an honest need for help. To simply put it I get satisfaction just out of helping people regardless of whether or not I get anything out of the ordeal. I want to provide a fair environment for the people who play diverge and if I'm awarded the shot at being staff I won't let you down. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone in any manner, but I know I will put my full effort into being staff and that's something some people are unable to do because of irl circumstances. I'm not saying I can no life in this position because that would be a lie, I will be here and I will do what I need to make sure people who also play here are treated the way they should be, and the rules that are instilled here are followed. I take pride in everything I do and for that reason, I will absolutely not let you down with any opportunity I am given. I will take this position seriously and will not treat it as a way to exploit power or any other shape of misuse or abuse of power. I stand by my morals and values and for some that isn't able to be said. If I'm afforded this opportunity I will greatly feel appreciated and will take on this responsibility with honor.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have been staffed on multiple servers. I was an administrator for both Icefuse military rp and icefuse clone wars rp for about a year. I have also been a senior administrator for Crixrp police rp for about 8 months and a moderator for gaming light for about 3 months. I was a moderator for viperion vietnam rp, and viperion imperial rp for a year before the server shut down. I have also been a moderator on helix metro 2033 rp for 2 months before it was shut down. and I'm sure there are others but none come to mind as of this moment.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I would not say that I'm super well known in the community, but what I can indeed say is to those who do know me they know I am a hardworking person who spares no time creating rp. I also know that the people who do know me have said nothing but good things about me when asked. People know that I'm active and almost always available to speak with. People know me for my ability to communicate with others clearly and quickly. People know me for my ability to make sound judgments and to be very welcoming to new people. I have been vouched for when it comes to sorting out problems because of my communication skills. I have made friends on this server and even they would give you an unbiased opinion which reflects the good reputation I do hold with others when I meet and interact with them. People have asked me for help on small things on multiple occasions and this will reflect that I am indeed a great person with a solid attitude. I will give people my full and undivided attention when asked. Although I'm not extremely well known within the community the people who do know me will 100% without a doubt tell you that I am truthful and very helpful.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I have not been vouched for by staff.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Well first I would switch over to my on-duty staff character and claim the ticket. I would then bring the said person to a safe rooftop and would ask them what happened and what their side of the story would be. After they explain to me that they were indeed killed for no reason and that there was no reason behind them being killed I would ask for any clips or evidence they have to prove their side of the story after which I would look through logs to find the person who killed them. After they were found I would teleport them to my position and would begin asking them why they killed the person and would ask them if they have any evidence proving that they did indeed kill them for a just and fair reason if it was determined they rdmed that person I would look at their previous offenses and would determine based off of that what punishment seems just for the infraction that has occurred. After the punishment was dished out I would return both of them if applicable to continue roleplaying and tell both of them to enjoy their day.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would first gather evidence of the infraction the fellow staff member was doing and would make sure to save it. I would then ask them what they are doing and that they should not be doing that as even though we are staff we are not above the rules and would explain to them that they should stop and not break any more rules or abuse their powers. If they failed to stop then I would submit the evidence to the higher echelon of staff and would let them deal with the situation as they see fit. But with them being staff I would hope this situation would not come up as staff are held to a higher standard than players as they enforce the very rules they would break.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would bring them to me and would ask them out of the respect they have for me and my position on the server for them to please stop breaking rules and minging around. if they refused to listen I would explain that even though we are friends I will have to treat them the same as everyone else as it would be unfair and would ruin roleplay for me to favor them and let them break rules. If they then continued to break rules I would then proceed to punish them for what they had done and would settle the problem the same way I would settle it even if we weren't friends and would explain that its nothing against them but I have a job to do and they have left me no choice. After they are punished I would then go on with my day as if it was just another person on the server.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - mase7z - 09-28-2022

+1 very detailed app, Has lots of past experience of being staff. Seems like he genuinely wants the position and to do good for the server.

RE: KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - coco_clasico - 09-28-2022

i agree on this application my man is suited with this job

RE: KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - Kody - 09-28-2022

+1 Good person, Unbiased, been a truer friend than most ong.

KOSS Evolution's Staff Application - Pendred - 10-03-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Contact myself or another member of Management on Discord for training and to get setup.