Diverge Networks
R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=4640)

Pages: 1 2

R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - revo - 10-07-2022

In-Game Name(s): Ruben Gonzales - Matt Fascettie
Steam Name: Oh its Revo...
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198313391160/
Steam ID: [b]76561198313391160 [/b]
Discord Username: R E V O#5385
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4d 22h 35min
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York
Time Zone: Central Timezone
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I work IT Networking during the day so night shift. ( 5pm-12am)
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I can learn. 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:

I have a vast interest in this server. The community is very alive but I notice a lack in staff enforcement. I would try to respond to as many tickets as I can daily in a timely manner. I would like to see more new players join the server and feel if they are being mis treated, that they can have someone assist. I believe we lack staff as well during the night shift of central time on the server. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:

I think I would make a great candidate to the server because I personally feel mature enough to handle the position. I don't try showing favoritism towards anyone. I would evaluate every situation from all perspectives before making a decision. I also enjoy doing this type of work in general, I manage my own team out of video games at my own company. I also would be very active towards responding to tickets, overseeing player activity, and any forum related duties. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):

I have staff experience outside of Gary's Mod. I was a Senior Admin on a popular Grand Theft Auto SA-MP server for 3 years. I managed staff, forum applications, reports, suggestions, server meetings, and much more. Sadly, the owner of the server had to shut his services down for the server. I also managed server restarts and updates. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:

No, I have not been banned nor kicked from any of your servers.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:

I wouldn't say I am well known to the community but a few groups might of heard of me. Every time I log into the server I try to roleplay as much as I can with the players to have fun interactions. I would not know what other members think of me. I don't think I have negative influences on anyone. If anything, I would assume the community thinks i'm a active player for sure. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:

No staff has recommended me, this is done by myself. 

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

If someone RDM me personally in game, I would make sure to have it recorded and have another staff member review the ticket. I don't believe in taking part into my own ticket due too wanting others to have a different perspective. This is what I would call fair game to both members of the situation. Now if I seen a player get RDM and it wasn't me, I would switch to my staff account and address the situation. I would try to explain the rules and negativity of the action to the player and wait for his response before taking action. Based on the players response I will judge the action taken. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

I would keep as much evidence as I can before submitting a report to higher staff. I believe having multiple stamps of evidence would be more justifiable to give disciplinary action. I would also approach the admin in a professional manner on why they are doing such things. Admin abuse is a serious issue and can run player count. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

As mentioned in the early stage of questions on this application, I do not believe in favoritism. A friend or not, me being a staff member is separate from me being a friend. Everyone will be treated equally on the server. I will evaluate the situation and take necessary action towards their behavior. What I learned is to keep friends and family separated from any work related items. 

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - x_rocker_x1 - 10-07-2022

this kid is a goat

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - HarryB^ - 10-10-2022

I agree with rocker, this guy's awesome, and also a very patient man, he'd do well for a staff member.

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - Quartz - 10-10-2022

+1, great guy who knows what hes doing and can really benefit staff team.

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - darkobang - 10-10-2022

Nice personality . Great guy

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - Duckium - 10-15-2022

+1

Really chill good application.

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - Im_a_trap911 - 10-15-2022

+1

W Man

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - Quartz - 10-16-2022

+1, really good guy and had previous experience with GTArp and works with computers IRL so he’d be a great addition to the staff team.

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - ShowerCoach - 10-16-2022

+1 lfg

RE: R E V O#5385 - Staff Application - thecooliestdool - 10-16-2022

+1 this guy is an incredible person, He continuously adds character to whatever he does. Cant see a better person to be a moderator